View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 623 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 1235235736136196206216226236246256266276336737231123 ... LastLast
Results 9,331 to 9,345 of 21672
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by titansupes View Post
    Got my Kingdom Come deluxe today. First glance-- looks purty, binding's fine, I like that the dust cover extends all the way around to fit the art, paper seems a little thinner than usual.
    Thinner than the fables deluxe books?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by titansupes View Post
    Got my Kingdom Come deluxe today. First glance-- looks purty, binding's fine, I like that the dust cover extends all the way around to fit the art, paper seems a little thinner than usual.
    That is the new "usual" unfortunately. Even for the $50 deluxes.

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    I'm wondering when they will start to lower the quality on the Absolutes, they already have I guess, when was the last time we had a Sandman style faux leather cover? Actually it was Sandman

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    I'm wondering when they will start to lower the quality on the Absolutes, they already have I guess, when was the last time we had a Sandman style faux leather cover? Actually it was Sandman
    Arn't Sandamn (and maybe Death) the only Absolutes to ever have faux leather covers? As nice as they were volume 1 came out 10 years ago now, the ship has well and truely saileed on that becomming any kind of standard for the Absolute line.

I only have the Smith GA absolute but the book itself is really similar to the Fear Agent LE just a different size. Seems like a pretty good bench mark for quality

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Some cancellations and reprint news from comiclist.com:
    JUSTICE LEAGUE UNITED VOL. 3: REUNITED TP, DEATHSTROKE THE TERMINATOR VOL. 3: NUCLEAR WINTER TP, and LOBO VOL. 3: PAID IN BLOOD TP have been cancelled, but all will be resolicited at a later date.
    Justice League United vol 3 is now listed for Jan 24 2017 on Amazon. I suspected it would be bumped, since vol 2 hadn't been solicited in paperback yet. It's now up for Oct 18.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by RIPLynott View Post
    Thinner than the fables deluxe books?
    Don't have them, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    I didn't realise this had made it's way over to DC now... That's a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Well, hopefully not anytime soon. On the plus side, they haven't decreased the quality of their omnibi yet. In fact, they've only increased in in recent years, since the paper quality is still really nice but the bindings have improved.

It's a shame their deluxe editions have thinner paper now, but at least they finally have sewn bindings on them.

Spectacular Member

Is the New 52 Dial H series "clean"?

Quote Originally Posted by invisiblegardener View Post
    what do you mean by clean?
    In any case, I find it awful and gave it away after 5 issues.

Quote Originally Posted by invisiblegardener View Post
    Are you asking whether it has mature rated content? If that's what you mean, it's pretty clean. It's a DC title, which doesn't really have mature-rated stuff.

I really enjoyed it, but it got bizarre and and a little hard to follow by the end.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    what do you mean by clean?
    In any case, I find it awful and gave it away after 5 issues.
    I'd implore you to give it another chance, it starts off slow but by the end of the series it ramps up into completely bonkers morrison-esque multi dimensional/relality/time jumping/conspiracy nonsense, its really quite amazing the almost logorithmic pace at which the series accelerates.

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    I'd implore you to give it another chance, it starts off slow but by the end of the series it ramps up into completely bonkers morrison-esque multi dimensional/relality/time jumping/conspiracy nonsense, its really quite amazing the almost logorithmic pace at which the series accelerates.
    too late, I don't have the book. My problem wasn't with the pacing, I think it moved quite fast and there was a lot of weird ideas already (some kind of "mancy" that the villain did. Like necromancy but with something else. She kept repeating it, drove me crazy) it was just not entertaining and I couldn't care less about the characters or the story. Not my cup of tea, happens (one of the biggest disappointments for me last year along with the Busiek Avengers and finally buying Marshall Law. Really-really wanted to read all 3 but couldn't even finish them).

Mighty Member

I really disliked dial h as well. I usually keep most anything I buy if there's any chance I'll reread it, but this went straight to ebay. Although I did force myself to at least finish it.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Not my cup of tea, happens (one of the biggest disappointments for me last year along with the Busiek Avengers and finally buying Marshall Law. Really-really wanted to read all 3 but couldn't even finish them).
    You know, I've never been too impressed with Marshall Law, either. I've given it a number of chances over the years and it's just not for me.