View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 625 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 1255255756156216226236246256266276286296356757251125 ... LastLast
Results 9,361 to 9,375 of 21672
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I ordered this even though I already have the two older, skinny trades it reprints.

It's a longshot, but I really hope they collect the rest of Messner-Loebs run at some point...
    I was a big fan of the Messner-Loebs WW stories and his Thor run was good too. Really underrated writer.
    Comic, toys and all around geek things from older geeks perspective: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUX...zQaKJKBaqzuNdg

tlavert

Hi all, kind of a lurker with a question:

I know it got cancelled, like, a month ago, but Amazon, Forbidden Planet and even DC's site still lists a paperback version of Starman Omnibus Volume 3- DC and Forbidden Planet even list it as releasing on June 1st!

So...is it definitely still cancelled or what? I'd love to be able to actually complete the run, as I have the first two paperback volumes, and the prices on Volume 3 in hardback are kinda ridiculous.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

I know it's not a hardcover but how was the GL/ New Gods book "Godhead"? I've been thinking about the Darwyn Cooke hardcover too, I wonder if there is another Parker Book done?

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    I know it's not a hardcover but how was the GL/ New Gods book "Godhead"? I've been thinking about the Darwyn Cooke hardcover too, I wonder if there is another Parker Book done?
    I hear very mediocre things about it.
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by tlavert View Post

I know it got cancelled, like, a month ago, but Amazon, Forbidden Planet and even DC's site still lists a paperback version of Starman Omnibus Volume 3- DC and Forbidden Planet even list it as releasing on June 1st!

So...is it definitely still cancelled or what? I'd love to be able to actually complete the run, as I have the first two paperback volumes, and the prices on Volume 3 in hardback are kinda ridiculous.
    I second your question. I bought volume 2 tp a while ago, hunted for months for a cheap volume 1 (as the prices were generally £50-80 new) and finally found it a month ago for £12... 2 days later the news comes out that it might be cancelled (again), but my Amazon pre-order still stands. Anyone know what's happening?

Truthfully I think it's cancelled. Which is f*cking stupid. I should be able to get a refund the money I spent because of DC's idiocy. I know some would say that they would only cancel a book there is no market for, but you really can't blame there not being a market for it when at least one of the previous volumes is next to impossible to get hold of for an acceptable price.
    Last edited by Austin316; 05-28-2016 at 12:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin316 View Post
    I second your question. I bought volume 2 tp a while ago, hunted for months for a cheap volume 1 (as the prices were generally £50-80 new) and finally found it a month ago for £12... 2 days later the news comes out that it might be cancelled (again), but my Amazon pre-order still stands. Anyone know what's happening?

Truthfully I think it's cancelled. Which is f*cking stupid. I should be able to get a refund the money I spent because of DC's idiocy. I know some would say that they would only cancel a book there is no market for, but you really can't blame there not being a market for it when at least one of the previous volumes is next to impossible to get hold of for an acceptable price.
    I thought I had heard that it was canceled. However, this solicitation for the paperback of Vol 4 makes the whole thing questionable.

http://www.amazon.com/Starman-Omnibu...MVY2TKE6S92FCB

It would be much easier if DC would just release the damn series.

Quote Originally Posted by Nateallen30 View Post
    I thought I had heard that it was canceled. However, this solicitation for the paperback of Vol 4 makes the whole thing questionable.

http://www.amazon.com/Starman-Omnibu...MVY2TKE6S92FCB

It would be much easier if DC would just release the damn series.

I severely question whether it's been properly cancelled, it's all very strange. Volume one, for quite a while, was stupidly overpriced, no big bookseller had it in stock, only the marketplace sellers were selling it for a ridiculously overpriced sum of money (as I've mentioned). Around the time news came out that 3 had been cancelled a marketplace seller on Amazon had stuck it up for sale at standard pricing, I snapped it up thinking it would be the exception to the rule but I've just looked again now and volume 1 is now in stock on Amazon at good prices not only from marketplace sellers, but through Amazon themselves.

It's all rather confusing, only after cancelling volume 3 does volume 1 gets redistributed. Maybe they did realise the mistake I highlighted last post.

It might be getting cancelled and resolicited at a later time. DC seem to be doing that a lot lately. Same thing with Man of Steel Vol. 9.

Quote Originally Posted by tlavert View Post

"STARMAN OMNIBUS VOLUME 3 TP has been cancelled and will not be resolicited."

http://www.comiclist.com/index.php/l...for-04-20-2016

Quote Originally Posted by Sandbagger77 View Post

He's aware that appears to have been cancelled completely, it's just the confusing messaging surrounded it, such as it still being available for preorder at lots of places, volume 4 being available for preorder and (from my experience recounted above) volume 1 becoming more available after 3s apparent cancellation.
    Last edited by Austin316; 05-29-2016 at 02:02 AM.

Fantastic Member The Flicker Fade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sandbagger77 View Post

That's so not cool. It's an important series. It needs to be properly collected. And because they started to do it, it's now their responsibility to finish it to maintain consumer trust. Even more so because the previous trades are inadequate and the hardcovers are expensively OOP. Just publish it, DC. C'mon now.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

DC wont publish it, because #DCdontwantourmoney hence why they suck at putting out OHCs and omnis.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

This Starman situation is really bloody annoying. I want to read it for ages but won't buy vol 1,2,4,5,6 and then wait for the reprint of vol3 that may or may not happen. DC should be aware of that. Why the hell are they even reprinting vol4? Why is it so hard to do a run of these books finally and then call it a day if it's really that painful for them.

and to continue the complaining: just opened my Gotham central omni and wow the cover is thin. It's quite flexible, feels weird especially a book of this size, also black cardboard as we know it.
    I was quite satisfied with the quality of the Izombie omnibus, wish they would have made this the same way

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    This Starman situation is really bloody annoying. I want to read it for ages but won't buy vol 1,2,4,5,6 and then wait for the reprint of vol3 that may or may not happen. DC should be aware of that. Why the hell are they even reprinting vol4? Why is it so hard to do a run of these books finally and then call it a day if it's really that painful for them.
    Yeah that bothered me so much. I had to pay a stupid amount for v3. But then I got all the rest for pretty cheap, especially the latter half so it all ended up working out to just under cover price for all 6 if i averaged out the cost. It was worth it though. Starman is a wonderful series and looks so sharp on the shelf.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    and to continue the complaining: just opened my Gotham central omni and wow the cover is thin. It's quite flexible, feels weird especially a book of this size, also black cardboard as we know it.
    I was quite satisfied with the quality of the Izombie omnibus, wish they would have made this the same way
    Agreed. iZombie is a really nice HC compared to what they normally put out. I don't know why there can't be consistency. they take a step forward, then two steps back. I upgraded my GC books because a few I got used and weren't the best shape, plus it's not like those HCs were great or anything. Pretty crappy actually. So it made sense. I knew the cover was thin but it was a trade off I was willing to make. I'm satisfied with it.