View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 627 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 1275275776176236246256266276286296306316376777271127 ... LastLast
Results 9,391 to 9,405 of 21672
    Amazing Member Thor God Of Thunder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    I did mean Orion actually, sorry for the confusion. I think the only other New Gods related titles in hardcover are the 4 Kirby faux-omnibi.

Edit: if you really want to go hardcore though there are various Artist editions of New Gods material, including the Kirby stuff.
    thanks for the clear up, i've looked into those 4 kirby ones but i think ill wait the current price doesn't equate to their format for me.

Spectacular Member Lake Nowhere's Avatar

The Dark Knight Returns Gallery Edition is my new favorite book of all time. Boy is it beautifully done. My only minor complaint is that the pages that they couldn't get original scans of are printed much smaller than the other pages. But it's nice that the entire story is intact, unlike some of the other gallery books.

Spectacular Member Lake Nowhere's Avatar

A lot of people here warned that the Morrison/Millar Flash run was a disappointment, but I loved the new tpb. I know it's blasphemous to say, but I think I've enjoyed it more than Johns' run. (Enough with the rogues!!!!) It's perfect 90's-era Morrison superhero stuff with a co-writer keeping him grounded so he doesn't drift into overindulgence. The Jay Garrick stand-alone issue reminded me what a lost art one-and-done issues are, and The Human Race storyline is the kind of cosmically heroic stuff Flash stories should always be striving for. I wish it had been released as a deluxe hardcover as originally planned.
    Last edited by Lake Nowhere; 05-31-2016 at 06:31 PM.

Fantastic Member

We can't know for sure whether it was originally planned as a deluxe hardcover.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Wisdom View Post
    We can't know for sure whether it was originally planned as a deluxe hardcover.
    It was. It was solicited as such for months, until it was changed to a paperback.
    Cyclops was right

Fantastic Member

It wasn't solicited as such. It was amazoned with just Flash #130-138 which means nothing concrete. Unless Legends of the Dark Knight: Norm Breyfogle Vol. 2 is planned to have the exact same contents as vol. 1.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lake Nowhere View Post
    A lot of people here warned that the Morrison/Millar Flash run was a disappointment, but I loved the new tpb. I know it's blasphemous to say, but I think I've enjoyed it more than Johns' run. (Enough with the rogues!!!!) It's perfect 90's-era Morrison superhero stuff with a co-writer keeping him grounded so he doesn't drift into overindulgence. The Jay Garrick stand-alone issue reminded me what a lost art one-and-done issues are, and The Human Race storyline is the kind of cosmically heroic stuff Flash stories should always be striving for. I wish it had been released as a deluxe hardcover as originally planned.
    I really liked this brief run as well. I'd planned on upgrading my two OOP trades to the HC, but held off once the official solicit showed it was going to be a trade.

Glad I did too, because the colors in the new edition are just too garishly bright on the glossy paper (imho, that is).
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I really liked this brief run as well. I'd planned on upgrading my two OOP trades to the HC, but held off once the official solicit showed it was going to be a trade.

Glad I did too, because the colors in the new edition are just too garishly bright on the glossy paper (imho, that is).
    DC is so weird with its inconsistency. Sometimes they get the paperstock thing right, better than Marvel, they just print everything on glossy with different quality (nowadays mostly from acceptable to crap) but DC uses several different matte stock as well...except when they forget it and just print it on whatever the printer has in stock.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

I'm a huge fan of the matte stuff Vertigo's using on their new editions of Hellblazer, Doom Patrol, etc. I wish they'd use the same stock on reprints of classic DCU material as well.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I'm interested in the GREEN ARROW A CELEBRATION OF 75 YEARS HC

http://www.cheapgraphicnovels.com/gr...-years-hc.html

Can anyone tell me what to expect from the 75 Years HC? Oversized? Regular? A lot of issues? etc. Thanks.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I'm interested in the GREEN ARROW A CELEBRATION OF 75 YEARS HC

http://www.cheapgraphicnovels.com/gr...-years-hc.html

Can anyone tell me what to expect from the 75 Years HC? Oversized? Regular? A lot of issues? etc. Thanks.

I only have The Spirit 75 book, its regular trim, printed hardcover with dust jacket. You get a handful of issues from each "era" of the charecter. For the spirit this was fine as it never had huge multi issue stories you only get a piece of but iv heard some of the other books only give you part of story arcs occasionally.

I will be getting this Green Arrow nook as I'm a huge GA fan and this should hold some pretty significant material that will get collected in colour for the first time. For example outside of the jack Kirby stuff none of the early stuff has been collected in color, and none of the Chuck Dixon stuff including the death of Oliver queen issue.

Spectacular Member

Over on the Marvel threads, a few users have compiled a list of the top 50 most wanted omnibus. If you weren't aware, one user asked for submissions for top ten most wanted and has been slowly revealing them. When was the last time someone did this here? The process could be applied for both omnibus or absolutes and would be a fun exercise.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Enormouse View Post
    Over on the Marvel threads, a few users have compiled a list of the top 50 most wanted omnibus. If you weren't aware, one user asked for submissions for top ten most wanted and has been slowly revealing them. When was the last time someone did this here? The process could be applied for both omnibus or absolutes and would be a fun exercise.
    That said, if no one volunteers, I'd be willing to do it. If you're into the idea, pm me your top ten lists.

If this post is overly presumptuous and I'm stepping on toes, I'll respectfully retract my offer, of course.
    Last edited by Enormouse; 06-02-2016 at 09:42 AM.

Spectacular Member

Alright. Here goes nothing.

For those of you that don't know, over on the Marvel forums, a user named Tigereyes has created a top 50 list of the most wanted Marvel Omnibus Editions. Using a secret ballot system, he requested that forum readers and enthusiasts to send to him their most wanted books with theoretical contents. Using the secret ballots, Tigereyes compiled a list of the top 50 most wanted books and has been revealing them slowly to great effect.

Since we don't have the traffic of the Marvel forum, the DC forum may not reach a top 50, but I'd still like to see what our users think about possible future omnibus collections.

Here are the rules:
    1. PM me your 10 most wanted omnibus or absolutes in order of most wanted.
    2. PM me the theoretical contents of said omnibus or absolute editions.

Using your submissions I'll make a list. That easy. Tell me what you guys want! I'll give you guys two weeks.

Send me those submissions!

Hello from the gutter Mad Hatter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Enormouse View Post
    Alright. Here goes nothing.

For those of you that don't know, over on the Marvel forums, a user named Tigereyes has created a top 50 list of the most wanted Marvel Omnibus Editions. Using a secret ballot system, he requested that forum readers and enthusiasts to send to him their most wanted books with theoretical contents. Using the secret ballots, Tigereyes compiled a list of the top 50 most wanted books and has been revealing them slowly to great effect.

Since we don't have the traffic of the Marvel forum, the DC forum may not reach a top 50, but I'd still like to see what our users think about possible future omnibus collections.

Here are the rules:
    1. PM me your 10 most wanted omnibus or absolutes in order of most wanted.
    2. PM me the theoretical contents of said omnibus or absolute editions.

Using your submissions I'll make a list. That easy. Tell me what you guys want! I'll give you guys two weeks.

Send me those submissions!
    Just voted.