View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 629 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 1295295796196256266276286296306316326336396797291129 ... LastLast
Results 9,421 to 9,435 of 21672
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pertl View Post
    I'm curious: How are you handing books, which are suggested both as absolutes and omnibuses? E.g. a 40-issues run could be done as 2 Absolutes but would also fit for an Omnibus.
    With the two different formats, I've been incorporating entries separately for now. For instance, if a user asked for an Absolute of, say, Alan Moore's Swamp Thing, it would be a different entry from a Swamp Thing by Alan Moore Omnibus. It's possible that I could compile a separate list of most wanted stories/runs in oversized format, but I'll have to rework the point system to suit it.

Quote Originally Posted by Enormouse View Post
    For those interested, the list so far consists of 47 different books with varying degrees of interest. Lots of cool stuff in there.

Remember to label your list 1-10 in order of interest with number 1 being highest and 10 being your lowest.

There are 13 days left to vote!
    How's the split looking so far for people voting omnibus vs Absolulte?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    How's the split looking so far for people voting omnibus vs Absolulte?
    There are currently 14 Absolutes on the list accompanying 33 different omnibus editions. Only 3 Absolutes overlap with 2 omnibus editions thus far.
    Last edited by Enormouse; 06-04-2016 at 05:04 PM.

Fantastic Member The Flicker Fade's Avatar

Voted! Unlike the Marvel poll, I thought I might share my picks in the thread, because I don't think we have any previous results to use as memory-joggers for what would be awesome books to see.

1. Hellblazer by Ennis (The definitive John Constantine imo, and personally some of the best comics I've ever read)
    2. Swamp Thing by Alan Moore (I mean, come ON already, DC. I've heard people claim no premium format exists because the art will only look good on newsprint, but I don't believe that)
    3. Justice League by Geoff Johns vol 1 (Because it's too hard to figure out how to read it with all the crossovers & events and stuff and I just want it all in properly prepared omnibus-sized packages, thanks)
    4. Batman by Grant Morrison (Because this needs to exist in one consistent oversized format. How hasn't this happened already?)
    5. Green Arrow by Mike Grell vol 1 (Because the glacially paced trades, although thankfully getting larger, just don't cut it. Green Arrow's TV show is going into its 5th season, Marvel would have had two volumes out years ago)
    6. Catwoman by Brubaker (Darwyn Cooke. And Ed Brubaker. Really, really fine stories and art, at least up until the last arc or so where Paul Gulacy takes over pencils)
    7. Wonder Woman by Perez vol 2 (No, this isn't actually happening as of right now. It was a ghost solicit. But after reading volume 1 I really want it to happen for real)
    8. Batman Knightfall vol 1 (Okay, so sue me. You know you want it too)
    9. Batman by Snyder/Capullo 1 (We'll probably get a bunch of patchwork Absolutes and then two omnibuses for the entire run years from now. But my wish is it for it not to happen that way)
    10. Batman Silver Age vol 1 ("New Look" Carmine Infantino-onwards. Groovy.)

All omnibuses. I own plenty of Absolutes but I can't think of anything I'd rather have in Absolutes than omnibus, or at least more than these ten. At this point it seems to me all the obvious, standout shorter works have Absolutes already so we'd be left with longer multi-volume collections. Or maybe I'm overlooking some good choices, which it why it will be so interesting to see what you guys come up with. I'll say a few Lucifer volumes bound in gray leather to put next to my Sandmans would be tempting.

Thanks for running the survey Enormouse!

Incredible Member

Here's my list, for anyone curious:

1. Absolute Swamp Thing by Alan Moore - collecting first three arcs/volumes
    2. Absolutel Doom Patrol by Morrison - first 2 to 3 arcs
    3. Absolute Batman Superheavy by Capullo/Snyder - collecting Superheavy arc
    4. Absolute Batman RIP by Morrison - collecting RIP storyline
    5. Absolute Batman and Son by Morrison - same contents as Black Glove deluxe hardcover
    6. Preacher omnibus edition volume 1 - first three/four arcs
    7. Absolute Multiversity by Morrison
    8. Absolute JLA Morrison volume 1 - collecting first arc through "Rock of Ages"
    9. Absolute Batman Endgame by Capullo/Snyder
    10. Absolute The Invisibles by Morrison - collecting first 2/3 arcs.

Spectacular Member

The response to this has been great. You guys are awesome. I'm still tinkering with my personal top 10, but I think I've narrowed it down to the final ten contenders. Some of the titles I was surprised to be missing have finally reared their heads. To my surprise, my personal list contains 4 entries no one else has mentioned and two of them, while low on my personal list, I expected would feature prominently. This has been a lot of fun to discover what people think is worthy of certain formats. 12 days left to vote! Keep them coming!

As we are sharing....
    1. Absolute Sleeper
    2. Absolute Wonder Woman Azzarello vol 1
    3. Absolute Wonder Woman Azzarello vol 2
    4. Absolute Swamp Thing Alan Moore vol 1
    5. Absolute Swamp Thing Alan Moore vol 2
    6. Absolute Wild.C.A.T.S 3.0 by Casey
    7. Absolute The Shadow by Helfer & Baker
    8. Absolute The Spirit by Darwin Cooke
    9. Absolute Before Watchmen vol 1
    10. Absolute Before Watchmen vol 2
    not really interested in omni's as the quality of them nowadays is pretty poor, so just sticking with Absolutes.
    Last edited by Hellboydce; 06-06-2016 at 10:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    As we are sharing....
    1. Absolute Sleeper
    2. Absolute Wonder Woman Azzarello vol 1
    3. Absolute Wonder Woman Azzarello vol 2
    4. Absolute Swamp Thing Alan Moore vol 1
    5. Absolute Swamp Thing Alan Moore vol 2
    6. Absolute Wild.C.A.T.S 3.0 by Casey
    7. Absolute The Shadow by Helfer & Baker
    8. Absolute The Spirit by Darwin Cooke
    9. Absolute Before Watchmen vol 1
    10. Absolute Before Watchmen vol 2

Damn! Wildcats! Forgot that one. Mine would be omnibus tho. But still . . .

1) Mike Grell Green Arrow omnibus Vol. 1
    2) Mark Waid Flash omnibus Vol. 1
    3) Johns Flash omnibus Vol. 4 (collects Rebirth, The last Flash run, Flashpoint and crossovers)
    4) Moore Absolute Swamp Thing Vol. 1
    5) Snyder Batman omnibus Vol. 1 (preferably collecting his Detective run as well)
    6) Moore Absolute Tom Strong Vol. 1
    7) Absolute Sandman Vol. 0 (collects that most recent prelude)
    8) Morrison Batman omnibus vol. 1
    9) American Vampire omnibus vol. 1
    10) Absolute Dark Knight 3

I put in bold the books I actually think will happen in the next two years. (Yes, Tom Strong is an interesting choice but they've collected all the other Moore ABC stuff.)

1. Absolute Wonder Woman by Azzarello Vol. 1 (Blood, Guts, Iron)
    2. Absolute Wonder Woman by Azzarello Vol. 2 (War, Flesh, Bones)
    3. Absolute Death of the Family
    4. Absolute Batman: Joker’s Asylum (Book 1 + 2)
    5. Catwoman Omnibus Vol. 1 (Trail of the Catwoman, No Easy Way Down, Under Pressure)
    6. Catwoman Omnibus Vol. 2 (The One You Love, The Replacements, It’s only a Movie, Catwoman Dies, Crime Pays, The Long Road Home)
    7. Astro City Omnibus Vol. 1 (Life in the Big City, Confession, Family Album, Tarnished Angel)
    8. Astro City Omnibus Vol. 2 (Local Heroes, The Dark Age 1 & 2, Shining Stars)
    9. Absolute Flash Rebirth (1-6)
    10. Absolute Flashpoint (Road to Flashpoint, Flashpoint)

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Enormouse View Post
    Alright. Here goes nothing.

For those of you that don't know, over on the Marvel forums, a user named Tigereyes has created a top 50 list of the most wanted Marvel Omnibus Editions. Using a secret ballot system, he requested that forum readers and enthusiasts to send to him their most wanted books with theoretical contents. Using the secret ballots, Tigereyes compiled a list of the top 50 most wanted books and has been revealing them slowly to great effect.

Since we don't have the traffic of the Marvel forum, the DC forum may not reach a top 50, but I'd still like to see what our users think about possible future omnibus collections.

Here are the rules:
    1. PM me your 10 most wanted omnibus or absolutes in order of most wanted.
    2. PM me the theoretical contents of said omnibus or absolute editions.

Using your submissions I'll make a list. That easy. Tell me what you guys want! I'll give you guys two weeks.

Send me those submissions!
    Thanks Enormouse, great idea.

I'll send you a PM in a week or so as I'm out of the country at the moment with limited access to the Internet.

Here's mine

01. Absolute Batman RIP by Morrison - Collecting BATMAN VOL 1 - 676-683, DC Universe #0, BATMAN VOL 1 - 700-703, & BATMAN: THE RETURN OF BRUCE WAYNE 1–6
    02. Absolute Batman and Son by Morrison - Collecting BATMAN VOL 1 - 655-658, 663-669 & 672-675
    03. Absolute Action Comics by Morrison - Collecting ACTION COMICS VOL 2 0-18
    04. Absolute Black Mirror/Gates of Gotham By Snyder/Various - Collecting BATMAN VOL 1 - 871-881 & GATES OF GOTHAM 1-6
    05. Absolute Scalped Vol 1,2, & 3 Aaron/Guera - Collecting SCALPED 1-60
    06. Absolute 100 Bullets Vol 1,2, 3, & 4 Azzarello/Risso - Collecting 100 BULLETS 1-100
    07. Absolute Superman Birthright by Waid/Yu - Collecting SUPERMAN BIRTHRIGHT 1-12
    08. Absolute Batman Year Zero by Capullo/Snyder - Collecting BATMAN VOL 1 - 21-27 & 29-33
    09. Absolute Batman Death of the Family/Endgame by Capullo/Snyder - Collecting BATMAN VOL 1 13-17 & 35-40
    10. Absolute Wonder Woman Vol 1 & 2 Azzarello/Chiang - Collecting WONDER WOMAN VOL 4 - 0-35 & SECRET ORIGINS #6

Mighty Member

My thinking was omni's only, similar to the Marvel pole. I also tried not to vote for things that have or will be released in an oversized edition. So that eliminated many of the Vertigo titles, for example. My list:

1. Hitman v1 (1-28 & Annual 1, the Demon Annual 2, Batman Chron. 4) i stopped this at 28, but it could be stopped after 33 or 38 just as easily.
    2. Snyder Batman (0-52 & Annual 1-4)
    3. Batman Eternal (1-52)
    4. JLA (1997) - (1-46, Secret Files 1&2, New Year's Evil: Prometheus) I decide instead of making this Morrison-centric, to just set it up so the whole run could be eventually completed
    5. Morrison Batman v1 - I'm not sure the best way to break up this mess lol, but im sure enough will vote on it to give an idea. Just throw me in with the rest
    6. Sandman Mystery Theatre v1 (1-36 & Annual 1)
    7. Shade the Changing Man v1 (1-35)
    8. Starman v1 (0-38 & Annual 1&2, Secret Files one shot) You could just do the contents of the first 3 HC's, I left a few minor things out.
    9. Suicide Squad (1988) v1 - (1-30 & Ann. 1, Doom Patrol/SS Special)
    10. Morrison's Seven Soldiers of Victory (7 minis and 2 book end issues)

Also would love to see Lucifer, but i recently got the new trades and didn't feel the need to include it. It DOES need to be released in HC, however. The sooner the better. DC has soo much stuff that would be perfect for a premium format, i wish they'd get their ass in gear.
    Last edited by awayne83; 06-05-2016 at 05:39 PM.

I hope DC is looking at these lists cause I'm in for more than half.
    DC,I need Bronze Age Batman,Green Lantern,and Flash collected.Please,and thank you.

Hello from the gutter Mad Hatter's Avatar

My list, omnibus only:

1- Justice League by Giffen/DeMatteis
    2- Jonah Hex by Gray & Palmiotti volume 1
    3- Green Arrow by Mike Grell volume 1
    4- Wonder Woman by Azzarello
    5- The Question by Denny O'Neil
    6- Swamp Thing by Alan Moore
    7- Birds of Prey by Gail Simone
    8- JLA by Grant Morrison
    9- Suicide Squad by Ostrander volume 1
    10- Flash by Mark Waid volume 1