View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 649 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 1495495996396456466476486496506516526536596997491149 ... LastLast
Results 9,721 to 9,735 of 21674
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pertl View Post
    WTF! We've seen a lot of stupid things and changes form DC in the last years, but this beats everything I can even think of. I just can't believe it!
    To be fair, I believe Volume 1 came out before they started doing the Darwyn Cooke cover styles for Golden and Silver Age Omniboo. So while yea, it is odd right now, I suspect Volume 1 may get a reprint someday with a cover to match those.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Ah. Well they're standard trim, not oversized, and the build appears solid. I've only bought the Superman and Green Lantern volumes, but I'm happy with them.
    Gotcha, thanks man

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post
    To be fair, I believe Volume 1 came out before they started doing the Darwyn Cooke cover styles for Golden and Silver Age Omniboo. So while yea, it is odd right now, I suspect Volume 1 may get a reprint someday with a cover to match those.
    Yes, of course Vol. 1 came out before, but in my eyes this is not an excuse for messing up now. Also, it is no comfort for me, that there will possibly be a reprint someday, now that I have the first printing already.

Personally, I think there would have been lots of options:
    1. Since there have already been some silver age Omnibuses, just use the new design for the golden age.
    2. Give us matching covers for Green Lantern silver age 1+2, Flash 1 and JLA 1.
    3. Stick to the old cover, wherever old books are already out.

Of course the best option would have been to think a few years ahead, when they introduced the new Omnibus line in 2010: Should we do uniform covers or different covers, etc.
    In my opinion, they did the most unlogic thing: changing the style midway.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlow View Post
    Gorgeous. Sure, the covers don't match but I sorta count my stars that the books exist in the first place.

Not sure if this has been noticed or brought up before, but according to an Amazon listing Starman Omnibus Vol 4 paperback is being released in December. If you search for Starman Omnibus it'll show up. Feels like a mistake to me, though. I believe they never published vol 3 in softcover, and it hasn't been listed yet as coming soon. Feels strange that they would skip that and jump to 4. But fingers crossed for everyone that was never able to get the HC vol 4 for a decent price.

Quote Originally Posted by csista View Post
    Not sure if this has been noticed or brought up before, but according to an Amazon listing Starman Omnibus Vol 4 paperback is being released in December. If you search for Starman Omnibus it'll show up. Feels like a mistake to me, though. I believe they never published vol 3 in softcover, and it hasn't been listed yet as coming soon. Feels strange that they would skip that and jump to 4. But fingers crossed for everyone that was never able to get the HC vol 4 for a decent price.
    Don't hold your breath.

Quote Originally Posted by csista View Post
    That's a leftover from when DC were planning to continue the paperback editions earlier this year, but ended up cancelling those plans. Vol 3 was solicited to comics shops and listed on Amazon, etc, but the orders were cancelled shortly before it would have gone to print.

Peter Gross posted on Twitter what I think is the cover for the first Unwritten Deluxe HC.

Unwritten Deluxe 1.jpg

It hasn't been formally solicited through Diamond yet, but there's provisional information here.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Anyone read Northlanders? That trade looks hard to pass up with so many issues.

Fantastic Member

I really enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by blueray View Post
    Gorgeous. Sure, the covers don't match but I sorta count my stars that the books exist in the first place.
    Totally Love seeing my haul pics being shared here before I get a chance to I wonder how many you followers I have on my Deluxe Edition Channel

For anybody who wants to see a close look at Absolute Preacher Vol.1 in 4k. I'm branching out to video.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

I saw this interesting fish on amazon.co.uk today: Batman & Robin by Grant Morrison Omnibus

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by aleksivic View Post
    For anybody who wants to see a close look at Absolute Preacher Vol.1 in 4k. I'm branching out to video.

Is that a faux leather cover like sandman?

good lord thats going to make a lot of people very very happy

Incredible Member

Someone over at the MMW forums has posted the contens of the Green Arrow 75 Book

"Case of the Namesake Murders"
    MORE FUN #73 (1941)

"Blueprint for Crime" / "Death Valley"
    LEADING COMICS #1 (1941)

"Birth of the Battling Bowmen"
    MORE FUN #89 (1943)

"The Green Arrow's First Case"
    ADVENTURE COMICS #256 (1959)

"Doom of the Star Diamond"
    JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #4 (1961)

"The Senator's Been Shot"
    BRAVE AND THE BOLD #85 (1969)

"Snowbirds Don't Fly" / "They Say It'll Kill Me . . . But They Won't Say When"
    GREEN LANTERN/GREEN ARROW #85-86 (1971)

"Those Who Worship Evil's Might"
    GREEN LANTERN/GREEN ARROW #90 (1976)

"Night Olympics"
    DETECTIVE COMICS #549-550 (1985)

"It Takes Two Wings to Fly"
    DETECTIVE COMICS #559 (1986)

"Blood of the Dragon Part 4"
    GREEN ARROW #24 (1989)

"The Trip"
    GREEN ARROW #100-101 (1995)

"Membership Has Its Privileges"
    GREEN ARROW #4 (2001)

"The Archer's Quest Part 3"
    GREEN ARROW #18 (2002)

"Green Arrow: Year One Part Two"
    GREEN ARROW: YEAR ONE #2 (2006)

"And They Said It Wouldn't Last"
    GREEN ARROW AND BLACK CANARY WEDDING SPECIAL #1 (2007)

"Team Up: Green Arrow"
    JUSTICE LEAGUE #8 (2012)

"Dissonance"
    GREEN ARROW #24 (2013)
    Pretty decent selection Ollies death in GA 100-101 is included like I'd hoped, first reprinting that I'm aware of. Only thing I'd of liked is maybe some Conner representation JLA #8 were he rescues the Justice League from The Key using some of Ollies old trick arrows would of been perfect