View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 650 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 1505506006406466476486496506516526536546607007501150 ... LastLast
Results 9,736 to 9,750 of 21671

Quote Originally Posted by aleksivic View Post
    For anybody who wants to see a close look at Absolute Preacher Vol.1 in 4k. I'm branching out to video.

Thanks, mine should arrive this weekend. I saw a sealed copy at my LCS and could tell it was going to look nice. I didn't realize how nice, tho!

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Thanks, mine should arrive this weekend. I saw a sealed copy at my LCS and could tell it was going to look nice. I didn't realize how nice, tho!
    Mine turned up today, it is a thick old beast and it has a beautiful spine.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    Someone over at the MMW forums has posted the contens of the Green Arrow 75 Book

Pretty decent selection Ollies death in GA 100-101 is included like I'd hoped, first reprinting that I'm aware of. Only thing I'd of liked is maybe some Conner representation JLA #8 were he rescues the Justice League from The Key using some of Ollies old trick arrows would of been perfect
    Yeah. They should have chose the other JLA #8. The Johns issue isn't even good, and Ollie barely does anything in it.
    Cyclops was right

Mighty Member

Supposed contents of the knightfall v1 omni according to amazon:

BATMAN: VENGEANCE OF BANE #1, BATMAN #491-514, DETECTIVE #659-681, SHOWCASE 93 #7-8, BATMAN: SHADOW OF THE BAT #17-34, ROBIN #7-13, CATWOMAN #6-7, BATMAN: LEGENDS OF THE DARK KNIGHT #62-63 and more

Edit: this appears to contain all of the three trades. What would a v2 potentially contain?
    Last edited by awayne83; 07-08-2016 at 02:42 PM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Supposed contents of the knightfall v1 omni according to amazon:

BATMAN: VENGEANCE OF BANE #1, BATMAN #491-514, DETECTIVE #659-681, SHOWCASE 93 #7-8, BATMAN: SHADOW OF THE BAT #17-34, ROBIN #7-13, CATWOMAN #6-7, BATMAN: LEGENDS OF THE DARK KNIGHT #62-63 and more

Edit: this appears to contain all of the three trades. What would a v2 potentially contain?
    Wow. That can't be right. That's the entire story I believe. And if my math is correct that's about 76 issues and over 1900 pages. I would assume they will split this over 2 omnis. Especially since DC called this a volume 1.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Agreed, that's insanely large. That's the whole story and the solicit is stating this book is a Volume 1. Split that down the middle and you have two fairly nice sized books without being too large to read.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Fantastic Member The Flicker Fade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aleksivic View Post
    For anybody who wants to see a close look at Absolute Preacher Vol.1 in 4k. I'm branching out to video.

With some serious video editing skills on display, too!

I nearly shat a brick when I saw the price of this book, but at 26 issues and with this presentation (faux leather!) at least it looks like it's earned it. Thanks for showing it off!

Quote Originally Posted by The Flicker Fade View Post
    With some serious video editing skills on display, too!

I nearly shat a brick when I saw the price of this book, but at 26 issues and with this presentation (faux leather!) at least it looks like it's earned it. Thanks for showing it off!

Many thanks for the positive feedback! DC/Vertigo absolutely did a stellar job on this...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I saw this interesting fish on amazon.co.uk today: Batman & Robin by Grant Morrison Omnibus
    Finally...

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by titansupes View Post
    Finally...
    Huh.. is the solicit correct? It's exactly the same content as the absolute Batman & Robin?

Quote Originally Posted by mzqamarul View Post
    Huh.. is the solicit correct? It's exactly the same content as the absolute Batman & Robin?
    fingers crossed for me that it's a mistake and it's really Tomasi's Batman and Robin

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I saw this interesting fish on amazon.co.uk today: Batman & Robin by Grant Morrison Omnibus
    That has the same ISBN as the Batman & Robin hardcover that was included in DC's last bookstore catalogue (here). And now that I look at it, that listing is marked as cancelled. If it's coming in December, then we'll find out in the next solicits if it's coming or not.

I would not put to much stock in the amazon uk finds. They also have Wonder Woman Omnibus vol 2 by Perez, it has a release date of 7/19 and it list the same contents as volume 1.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    fingers crossed for me that it's a mistake and it's really Tomasi's Batman and Robin
    I've put in the pre-order. I'm new to DC and my first read was the Gotham Central omnibus which is excellent imo. I'm perplexed that DC have yet to put out any modern Batman Omnibus so I'm pumped for this one, hoping that it covers more than what is indicated.

The faux leather and the old classic look of the spine on Absolute Preacher looks amazing. Still..I'd rather deluxe editions.