View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 655 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 1555556056456516526536546556566576586596657057551155 ... LastLast
Results 9,811 to 9,825 of 21671
    Fantastic Member

And here are all the HCs from the October solicitations:

ABSOLUTE WONDER WOMAN BY BRIAN AZZARELLO AND CLIFF CHIANG VOL. 1 HC
    Written by BRIAN AZZARELLO
    Art by CLIFF CHIANG, TONY AKINS, DAN GREEN and KANO
    Cover by CLIFF CHIANG
    In these tales from the start of DC—The New 52, Wonder Woman learns that Queen Hippolyta has kept a secret from her daughter all her life—and when Diana learns who her father is, her life will shatter like brittle clay. The only one more shocked than Diana by this revelation? Bloodthirsty Hera—so why is her sinister daughter, Strife, so eager for the truth to be told? This Absolute edition collects WONDER WOMAN #1-18 and #0.
    On sale FEBRUARY 1 • 484 pg, FC, 8.25” x 12.5”, $125.00 US

BATMAN: THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD —THE BRONZE AGE OMNIBUS HC
    Written by BOB HANEY, MIKE SEKOWSKY and DENNIS O’NEIL
    Art by ROSS ANDRU, IRV NOVICK, NICK CARDY, NEAL ADAMS, BOB BROWN, JIM APARO and others
    Cover by KARL KERSCHL
    Retailers: This title is resolicited with updated contents and price. All previous orders are canceled.
    Through the 1970s, Batman fought evil every month side by side with DC’s greatest heroes. Guest-starring Wonder Woman, the Phantom Stranger, Adam Strange, Black Canary, the Teen Titans, The Flash, Green Arrow, Aquaman and more, these stories are collected in a single, massive hardcover for the first time. Collects THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD #74-109.
    RESOLICIT • On sale JANUARY 25 • 896 pg, FC, $125.00 US

BATMAN VOL. 10: EPILOGUE HC
    Written by SCOTT SNYDER and JAMES TYNION IV
    Art by GREG CAPULLO, DANNY MIKI, RILEY ROSSMO, BRIAN LEVEL, ROGE ANTONIO, SEAN MURPHY and MIKEL JANIN
    Cover by GREG CAPULLO
    In these stories from BATMAN #51-52, BATMAN ANNUAL #4, BATMAN: FUTURES END #1 and BATMAN: REBIRTH #1, after a bloody and brutal battle with Mr. Bloom, Bruce Wayne has reclaimed his mantle as the Dark Knight. But with the city broken and his mind slowly mending together, Batman will have to pick up the pieces of his shattered life and reclaim Gotham City as his own. But what will he do when echoes from his past ripple out into his beloved city’s future?
    On sale DECEMBER 14 • 144 pg, FC, $22.99 US

THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS: THE LAST CRUSADE DELUXE EDITION HC
    Written by FRANK MILLER and BRIAN AZZARELLO
    Art by JOHN ROMITA, JR. and PETER STEIGERWALD
    Cover by JOHN ROMITA, JR. and DANNY MIKI
    The epic story that serves as a prelude to THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS is back in a new, oversized hardcover edition that includes the plot breakdown and John Romita, Jr.’s pencil artwork!
    On sale DECEMBER 14 • 80 pg, FC, 7.0625” x 10.875”, $17.99 US

DC UNIVERSE: REBIRTH #1 DELUXE EDITION HC
    Written by GEOFF JOHNS
    Art by GARY FRANK, ETHAN VAN SCIVER, IVAN REIS, PHIL JIMENEZ, JOE PRADO and MATT SANTORELLI
    Cover by GARY FRANK
    The epic story that set the stage for DC: REBIRTH is back in a new, hardcover edition that includes behind the scenes extras and character sketches of the heroes of the new DC Universe!
    On sale DECEMBER 7 • 96 pg, FC, 7.0625” x 10.875”, $17.99 US

THE FLASH: THE SILVER AGE OMNIBUS VOL. 2 HC
    Written by JOHN BROOME and GARDNER FOX
    Art by CARMINE INFANTINO, JOE GIELLA and MURPHY ANDERSON
    Cover by DARWYN COOKE
    These adventures from THE FLASH #133-163 feature the Scarlet Speedster’s battles with some of his best-known foes: Captain Cold, Mirror Master, Pied Piper, Reverse-Flash, Heat Wave, Trickster, Weather Wizard and more. This collection also guest-stars Kid Flash, the Golden Age Flash, the Elongated Man and Green Lantern.
    On sale JANUARY 11 • 784 pg, FC, $100.00 US

INJUSTICE: GODS AMONG US YEAR FIVE VOL. 1 HC
    Written by BRIAN BUCCELLATO
    Art by MIKE S. MILLER, BRUNO REDONDO and others
    Cover by DAVID YARDIN
    Having defeated the Green Lantern Corps, the forces of magic, and now the gods themselves, the Superman’s totalitarian regime seems to have eliminated all threats. Yet uneasy lies the crown on the head of the Man of Steel. Still obsessed with the outlaw Batman and worried about having enough troops to police his world, the Man of Steel begins to recruit some of Earth’s deadliest villains to his side. Does the Dark Knight have any chance of ending the Man of Steel’s rule? Collects issues #1-6 of Year Five.
    On sale DECEMBER 7 • 144 pg, FC, $22.99 US

THE LEGEND OF WONDER WOMAN HC
    Written by RENAE DE LIZ
    Art and cover by RENAE DE LIZ and RAY DILLON
    The new WONDER WOMAN 9-issue miniseries written and pencilled by Renae De Liz is collected here! In the beginning there was only chaos. But Hippolyta, Queen of the Amazons, saw a better future—and eventually her daughter would be destined to bring that new world to life! Before her ultimate fate unfolds though, Diana of Themyscira must learn the important lessons of an Amazonian childhood!
    On sale DECEMBER 7 • 288 pg, FC, $29.99 US

SUPERMAN: ACTION COMICS VOL. 9: LAST RITES HC
    Written by GREG PAK, AARON KUDER and PETER J. TOMASI
    Art by AARON KUDER, ARDIAN SYAF, PAUL PELLETIER, DALE EAGLESHAM and others
    Cover by KARL KERSCHL
    Superman is becoming desperate to regain his powers in these stories from issues #48-52! The situation is dire, as he must rescue his fellow Justice Leaguers and save the lives of the soldiers facing Vandal Savage—the very force standing between him and the Fortress of Solitude.
    On sale DECEMBER 21 • 144 pg, FC, $24.99 US

SUPERMAN/WONDER WOMAN VOL. 5: A SAVAGE END HC
    Written by PETER J. TOMASI
    Art by DOUG MAHNKE, JAIME MENDOZA, CLIFF RICHARDS, ED BENES and JORGE JIMENEZ
    Cover by JOHN ROMITA, JR. and SCOTT HANNA
    In these tales from issues #25-29, Superman’s powers still have not returned to full strength, and now Wonder Woman is forced to turn to the Olympian gods in hopes of saving the man she loves. But this divine intervention turns out to be more trying than the God of War expected. Plus, Superman and Wonder Woman must face off against another one of the most powerful duos in the DC Universe: the twin children of the immortal madman Vandal Savage!
    On sale DECEMBER 21 • 168 pg, FC, $24.99 US

THE UNWRITTEN: THE DELUXE EDITION BOOK ONE HC
    Written by MIKE CAREY
    Art by PETER GROSS, JIMMY BROXTON, KURT HIGGINS and ZELDA DEVON
    Cover by YUKO SHIMIZU
    When a scandal reveals that Tom Taylor might be a boy- wizard from a popular novel series made flesh, Tom comes into contact with a mysterious and deadly group that has secretly kept tabs on him all his life. To protect himself and discover the truth of his origins, Tom traverses a series of locations from fiction’s greatest works that have shaped reality. In the process, he uncovers a huge conspiracy that spans the entirety of the history of fiction. The first twelve issues of the acclaimed series are collected in Deluxe format for the first time!
    On sale DECEMBER 14 • 304 pg, FC, 7.0625” x 10.875”, $29.99 US • MATURE READERS

Fantastic Member

Followed by the fat TPBs:

ADAM STRANGE: THE SILVER AGE VOL. 1 TP
    Written by GARDNER FOX
    Art by MIKE SEKOWSKY, CARMINE INFANTINO and others
    Cover by MICHAEL CHO
    The Silver Age adventures of Adam Strange are collected at last! After being mysteriously teleported to another world, Rann, Adam Strange’s life changed forever as he went from being an archaeologist to a cosmic adventurer and hero. In these tales from SHOWCASE #17-19 and MYSTERY IN SPACE #53-74, Adam and his new ally, Alanna, defend Rann against alien invaders, giant monsters, mad scientists, out-of-control robots and more!
    On sale NOVEMBER 9 • 336 pg, FC, $24.99 US

DC/DARK HORSE: JUSTICE LEAGUE VOL. 1 TP
    Written by DAVID MICHELINIE, ALAN GRANT, JAMES ROBINSON and MIKE KENNEDY
    Art by ALEX MALEEV, STEVE PUGH, MIKE MIGNOLA, RYAN BENJAMIN and others
    Cover by MIKE MIGNOLA
    The greatest crossovers featuring Justice League members Superman, Batman, Starman and Batgirl against Predator, Terminators and other characters in DC COMICS/DARK HORSE COMICS: JUSTICE LEAGUE VOL. 1. This new collection includes SUPERMAN VS. PREDATOR #1-3, SUPERMAN VS. THE TERMINATOR: DEATH TO THE FUTURE #1-3, BATMAN/HELLBOY/STARMAN #1-2 and GHOST/BATGIRL #1-4.
    On sale NOVEMBER 9 • 408 pg, FC, $24.99 US

THE MULTIVERSITY TP
    Written by GRANT MORRISON
    Art by IVAN REIS, JOE PRADO, BEN OLIVER, CAMERON STEWART, CHRIS SPROUSE, KARL STORY, JIM LEE, SCOTT WILLIAMS, DOUG MAHNKE and others • Design cover
    The biggest adventure in DC’s history is here! Join visionary writer Grant Morrison, today’s most talented artists, and a cast of unforgettable heroes from 52 alternative Earths of the DC Multiverse! Prepare to meet the Vampire League of Earth-43, the Justice Riders of Earth-18, Superdemon, Doc Fate, the super-sons of Superman and Batman, the rampaging Retaliators of Earth-8, the Atomic Knights of Justice, Dino-Cop, Sister Miracle, Lady Quark, and the latest, greatest superhero of Earth-Prime: YOU! This title collects all nine MULTIVERSITY issues, plus the indispensable GUIDEBOOK!
    On sale NOVEMBER 16 • 480 pg, FC, $29.99 US

NORTHLANDERS BOOK 2: THE ICELANDIC SAGA TP
    Written by BRIAN WOOD
    Art by DAVIDE GIANFELICE, FIONA STAPLES, BECKY CLOONAN and PAUL AZACETA
    Cover by MASSIMO CARNEVALE
    In these stories from NORTHLANDERS #20, 29, 35-36 and 42-50, Sven of Orkney comes face-to-face with his own mythology, a daring man named Dag becomes the first man ever to turn his Viking boat West, an old Icelandic fisherman discovers the body of a young girl embedded in the ice and the Hauksson family builds a powerful crime empire on Iceland only to clash with the rising Church.
    On sale NOVEMBER 2 • 296 pg, FC, $29.99 US • MATURE READERS

ROBIN VOL. 3: SOLO TP
    Written by CHUCK DIXON, ALAN GRANT and JOHN WAGNER
    Art by TOM GRUMMETT, RAY KRYSSING, PHIL JIMENEZ, TOM LYLE, KIERON DWYER and others
    Cover by TOM GRUMMETT and SCOTT HANNA
    Retailers: This title is resolicited. All previous orders are canceled.
    Robin recovers from the tragic death of his predecessor and faces untold threats—all without the Dark Knight by his side. Collects ROBIN #1-6 and ROBIN ANNUAL #1-2.
    RESOLICIT • On sale NOVEMBER 30 • 304 pg, FC, $24.99 US

THE COMPLETE SUICIDERS: THE BIG SHAKE TP
    Written by LEE BERMEJO
    Art by LEE BERMEJO, ALESSANDRO VITTI and GERARDO ZAFFINO
    Cover by LEE BERMEJO
    The original six-issue run of SUICIDERS and the entire six-issue KINGS OF HELL.A. miniseries are collected in a single volume! After a devastating earthquake, the Southland has seceded from the union, leaving the city split in two: the walled-off, wealthy New Angeles and the criminal-run Lost Angeles. What unifies them all is the Suiciders: a reality sport in which murder, mayhem and brutality rule!
    On sale NOVEMBER 23 • 304 pg, FC, $29.99 US • MATURE READERS

SUPERMAN: THE GOLDEN AGE VOL. 2 TP
    Written by JERRY SIEGEL
    Art by JOE SHUSTER and others
    Cover by MICHAEL CHO
    In these tales from ACTION COMICS #20-31, SUPERMAN #4-7 and NEW YORK WORLD’S FAIR COMICS #2, the Man of Tomorrow makes his mark on history by taking on crooked politicians, greedy slumlords, flighty socialites, plus the villainous Ultra-Humanite and Lex Luthor.
    On sale NOVEMBER 30 • 400 pg, FC, $19.99 US

Spectacular Member

Looking at the October solicits it looks like DC still hasn't done anythign about it's late turn around on collected editions - we'll be on issues 9/10 of the Rebirth series and won't have a first collected edition out yet...

Fantastic Member The Flicker Fade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kalitarix View Post

Written by BRIAN AZZARELLO
    Art by CLIFF CHIANG, TONY AKINS, DAN GREEN and KANO
    Cover by CLIFF CHIANG
    In these tales from the start of DC—The New 52, Wonder Woman learns that Queen Hippolyta has kept a secret from her daughter all her life—and when Diana learns who her father is, her life will shatter like brittle clay. The only one more shocked than Diana by this revelation? Bloodthirsty Hera—so why is her sinister daughter, Strife, so eager for the truth to be told? This Absolute edition collects WONDER WOMAN #1-18 and #0.
    On sale FEBRUARY 1 • 484 pg, FC, 8.25” x 12.5”, $125.00 US
    I don't know how I feel about this. The story was good, but highly derivative, and it didn't feel much like Wonder Woman to me. Not that I was reading Wonder Woman before, though, so if it got me and so many others reading the book for the first time I can't honestly criticize the creative decision to do this to the character. I do hear Greg Rucka is fixing it now, which will be better for the character as an icon and the DCU in the long run. And since this completely stands alone without any other DCU characters or elements entering into the story at all (save Orion), I guess it's fine to consider it a self-contained Elseworlds tale. If it gets the kind of attention that warrants an Absolute edition, though, this interpretation might start to acquire a certain weight and then before you know it it's skewed the character forever because so many people have become aware of it. And that would be unfortunate.

Yeah, I'll buy it anyway.

Followed by the fat TPBs:

ADAM STRANGE: THE SILVER AGE VOL. 1 TP
    Written by GARDNER FOX
    Art by MIKE SEKOWSKY, CARMINE INFANTINO and others
    Cover by MICHAEL CHO
    The Silver Age adventures of Adam Strange are collected at last! After being mysteriously teleported to another world, Rann, Adam Strange’s life changed forever as he went from being an archaeologist to a cosmic adventurer and hero. In these tales from SHOWCASE #17-19 and MYSTERY IN SPACE #53-74, Adam and his new ally, Alanna, defend Rann against alien invaders, giant monsters, mad scientists, out-of-control robots and more!
    On sale NOVEMBER 9 • 336 pg, FC, $24.99 US
    YES! I almost bought the Archives this weekend. I have no idea if it's any good. 1950s/60s space aesthetics--ray guns and jetpacks and flying saucers--are awesome in comic books, and these are drawn by Carmine Infantino! Cheap, easy way to give it a try.

Can we get some Hawkman and/or the Atom volumes, DC?

ROBIN VOL. 3: SOLO TP
    Written by CHUCK DIXON, ALAN GRANT and JOHN WAGNER
    Art by TOM GRUMMETT, RAY KRYSSING, PHIL JIMENEZ, TOM LYLE, KIERON DWYER and others
    Cover by TOM GRUMMETT and SCOTT HANNA
    Retailers: This title is resolicited. All previous orders are canceled.
    Robin recovers from the tragic death of his predecessor and faces untold threats—all without the Dark Knight by his side. Collects ROBIN #1-6 and ROBIN ANNUAL #1-2.
    RESOLICIT • On sale NOVEMBER 30 • 304 pg, FC, $24.99 US
    YES! DC is keeping its word about the re-solicits. I loved this series as a kid and I, at least, will be super happy to re-read it.

All-New Member

I would much prefer that Wonder Woman by Azzarello was an omnibus. I don't like Absolutes, so I won't be buying it, hopefully it will be an omnibus in the future.

I'm not really sure about those 1 issue Deluxe HCs, but I'll probably buy them both anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Jestinson3 View Post
    I would much prefer that Wonder Woman by Azzarello was an omnibus. I don't like Absolutes, so I won't be buying it, hopefully it will be an omnibus in the future.

I'm not really sure about those 1 issue Deluxe HCs, but I'll probably buy them both anyway.
    An Omnibus certainly would have been more appealing. I find it odd to have Absolute editions split into volumes. Isn't that, by definition, NOT an absolute edition?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    An Omnibus certainly would have been more appealing. I find it odd to have Absolute editions split into volumes. Isn't that, by definition, NOT an absolute edition?
    Planetary, Authority, Sandman, Promethea, LoEG. The list goes on. They've been doing this for YEARS. Not that odd when the format has a track record going almost back to it's inception.

True, but I was pointing put the oddity of the name itself. I realize there are numerous volumed Absolute editions, but I don't understand the name. For example, its called Final Fantasy, and yet there's a sequel.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    True, but I was pointing put the oddity of the name itself. I realize there are numerous volumed Absolute editions, but I don't understand the name. For example, its called Final Fantasy, and yet there's a sequel.
    Lol. I see. I guess i always thought of absolute as "top shelf" production, like the vodka, not all encompassing. FWIW I prefer the the latter. I wish absolutes were reserved for single writer/artist creative runs and that DC would just omni/deluxe everthing else.

Ah, I never thought of it that way. Deluxe editions are pretty great. I own Multiversity and Earth-2, and Superman Unchained, and I really.enjoy the behind the scenes work. I wish they also included an introduction or an opening letter. There's little difference between Absolutes and Deluxes, save for the Absolute case and quality. But for content, they're quite similar. And don't Eben get me started on the Noir/Unwrapped editions...

896 pages for the Brave and the Bold omnibus
    I'll definitely be getting that, wonder when Amazon will tell me that my original order is cancelled... Or will they stick to the price they've told me it will be?

Fantastic Member The Flicker Fade's Avatar

I'd guess DC wanted to have out a Wonder Woman Absolute to go with the movie and there were no other candidates. Otherwise it just seems like a really weird choice. An omnibus would have perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by The Flicker Fade View Post
    I'd guess DC wanted to have out a Wonder Woman Absolute to go with the movie and there were no other candidates. Otherwise it just seems like a really weird choice. An omnibus would have perfect.
    I think its proven to be commercially successful. They're also reprinting the first volume of George Perez's run. I'd love for sales on these runs to go through the roof. We still haven't completed Perez's run, and heard nothing about the next new edition of Rucka's run, or a reprinting of Simones' run. I'm glad they put the Deodato/Loeb run out, and Perez's War of the Gods, but I wish we could have complete access to Wonder Woman, the way a Batman fan can pick up just about any Batman book (with stories like Contagion being reprinted more frequently).

Quote Originally Posted by enguarde22 View Post
    I'm about to make some people very happy. Found this in DC Comics October solicitations:

Written by Brian Azzarello, art by Cliff Chiang, Tony Akins, Dan Green, Kano, cover by Cliff Chiang.

In these tales from the start of DC -- The New 52, Wonder Woman learns that Queen Hippolyta has kept a secret from her daughter all her life -- and when Diana learns who her father is, her life will shatter like brittle clay. The only one more shocked than Diana by this revelation? Bloodthirsty Hera -- so why is her sinister daughter, Strife, so eager for the truth to be told? This Absolute edition collects Wonder Woman #1-18 and #0.

484 pages, $125, in stores on Feb. 1.
    Damn, that's too bad - for me anyway. I'd get the omnibus in a heartbeat but there's no way in hell I'm going to pay $125 for two Absolutes (assuming I get IST's 50 percent discount) as opposed to $50 to $62.50 for an omnibus. It was a nice run but not "absolute" nice.

THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS: THE LAST CRUSADE DELUXE EDITION HC
    Written by FRANK MILLER and BRIAN AZZARELLO
    Art by JOHN ROMITA, JR. and PETER STEIGERWALD
    Cover by JOHN ROMITA, JR. and DANNY MIKI
    The epic story that serves as a prelude to THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS is back in a new, oversized hardcover edition that includes the plot breakdown and John Romita, Jr.’s pencil artwork!
    On sale DECEMBER 14 • 80 pg, FC, 7.0625” x 10.875”, $17.99 US

THE UNWRITTEN: THE DELUXE EDITION BOOK ONE HC
    Written by MIKE CAREY
    Art by PETER GROSS, JIMMY BROXTON, KURT HIGGINS and ZELDA DEVON
    Cover by YUKO SHIMIZU
    When a scandal reveals that Tom Taylor might be a boy- wizard from a popular novel series made flesh, Tom comes into contact with a mysterious and deadly group that has secretly kept tabs on him all his life. To protect himself and discover the truth of his origins, Tom traverses a series of locations from fiction’s greatest works that have shaped reality. In the process, he uncovers a huge conspiracy that spans the entirety of the history of fiction. The first twelve issues of the acclaimed series are collected in Deluxe format for the first time!
    On sale DECEMBER 14 • 304 pg, FC, 7.0625” x 10.875”, $29.99 US • MATURE READERS
    The Unwritten sounds intriguing. Carey can write some pretty amazing stuff and Gross' art is so smooth. How many issues did this serious run?

I'm almost tempted to get that OHC DK but . . . I don't know.

Mighty Member

^ I believe it was 66 issues and a separate graphic novel. Hopefully all of it will be collected.