View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 656 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 1565566066466526536546556566576586596606667067561156 ... LastLast
Results 9,826 to 9,840 of 21662
    Fantastic Member The Flicker Fade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    I think its proven to be commercially successful. They're also reprinting the first volume of George Perez's run. I'd love for sales on these runs to go through the roof. We still haven't completed Perez's run, and heard nothing about the next new edition of Rucka's run, or a reprinting of Simones' run. I'm glad they put the Deodato/Loeb run out, and Perez's War of the Gods, but I wish we could have complete access to Wonder Woman, the way a Batman fan can pick up just about any Batman book (with stories like Contagion being reprinted more frequently).
    True. I do expect it will sell. The Perez omnibus is wonderful (no pun intended). I think it's the best art he ever did. Didn't buy War of the Gods because I wanted to see how the rest of Perez gets collected first.

How's that Deodato/Loeb trade? I flipped through it at my shop and saw Wonder Woman dressed in bondage gear so I passed. Seems like it's her requisite 90s nadir phase. But if the story is good, I could probably deal.

I did buy the Rucka trade. It actually just arrived today. I expect they'll do the volume 2 very soon since Rucka is the current writer on the title.

Never read any Wonder Woman other than the Perez omnibus and Azzarello/Chiang, but if they print more post-Crisis stuff I'll probably buy it. Well, I am going to buy the Golden Age omnibus, too.

You know, when you think about it, Azzarello/Chiang's WW kind of encapsulates the entire N52 experience in a nutshell. All the things that were good and bad about it. It was a fresh take on a character that couldn't have been done in the old continuity, and a good, exciting story. But it felt empty because all her relationships with her supporting cast and the larger DC universe were severed and that made it poorer. Then, of course there's this:

Post Crisis Perez relaunch origin: Diana is an ambassador for peace who fights the god of war. Product of myth, legend, and destiny.

New 52 Azzarello/Chiang relaunch origin: Diana IS the god of war. Myth, legend, and destiny have all been lies.

Darkness and cynicism much?

Really should have just been an omnibus, it was perfect for that.

BANNED

Very happy about ABSOLUTE WONDER WOMAN BY BRIAN AZZARELLO AND CLIFF CHIANG VOL. 1 HC announcement! \o/

Quote Originally Posted by Kalitarix View Post
    Followed by the fat TPBs:

ADAM STRANGE: THE SILVER AGE VOL. 1 TP
    Written by GARDNER FOX
    Art by MIKE SEKOWSKY, CARMINE INFANTINO and others
    Cover by MICHAEL CHO
    The Silver Age adventures of Adam Strange are collected at last! After being mysteriously teleported to another world, Rann, Adam Strange’s life changed forever as he went from being an archaeologist to a cosmic adventurer and hero. In these tales from SHOWCASE #17-19 and MYSTERY IN SPACE #53-74, Adam and his new ally, Alanna, defend Rann against alien invaders, giant monsters, mad scientists, out-of-control robots and more!
    On sale NOVEMBER 9 • 336 pg, FC, $24.99 US
    Awesome. Adam Strange is inventive and fun.

ADAM_STR_SAv1_CV_PREVIEW.jpg

Fingers crossed for the Legion of Superheroes vol.1 and Shazam: The Golden Age vol. 1!!

96531e8b6b5299add1db1c788e2bf3d9.jpg

Hi, I'm not sure this question has been answered already somewhere but will those big Omnibus collections of the JLA, Supergirl and The Flash in the new 'Silver Age'-series also come out, eventually, as trade paperbacks? I generally read in bed and those big omnibus books are pretty uncomfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by The Flicker Fade View Post
    True. I do expect it will sell. The Perez omnibus is wonderful (no pun intended). I think it's the best art he ever did. Didn't buy War of the Gods because I wanted to see how the rest of Perez gets collected first.

How's that Deodato/Loeb trade? I flipped through it at my shop and saw Wonder Woman dressed in bondage gear so I passed. Seems like it's her requisite 90s nadir phase. But if the story is good, I could probably deal.

I did buy the Rucka trade. It actually just arrived today. I expect they'll do the volume 2 very soon since Rucka is the current writer on the title.

Never read any Wonder Woman other than the Perez omnibus and Azzarello/Chiang, but if they print more post-Crisis stuff I'll probably buy it. Well, I am going to buy the Golden Age omnibus, too.

You know, when you think about it, Azzarello/Chiang's WW kind of encapsulates the entire N52 experience in a nutshell. All the things that were good and bad about it. It was a fresh take on a character that couldn't have been done in the old continuity, and a good, exciting story. But it felt empty because all her relationships with her supporting cast and the larger DC universe were severed and that made it poorer. Then, of course there's this:

Post Crisis Perez relaunch origin: Diana is an ambassador for peace who fights the god of war. Product of myth, legend, and destiny.

New 52 Azzarello/Chiang relaunch origin: Diana IS the god of war. Myth, legend, and destiny have all been lies.

Darkness and cynicism much?

Really should have just been an omnibus, it was perfect for that.
    The Deodato trade and War of the Gods o just ordered online af I'm impatiently waiting for it. I know the story is Wonder Woman going through trials to prove herself as Wonder Woman, while Artemis fills the roll for Wonder Woman.

The Perez Omni is spectator, and I wish a second volume was released. At this point, I'm not sure how they will collect, if at all, the rest of Perez's run. I hope they will just collect up to War of the Gods so there's no "double dipping". Same thing with these new Supergirl trades coming out soon.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jestinson3 View Post
    I would much prefer that Wonder Woman by Azzarello was an omnibus. I don't like Absolutes, so I won't be buying it, hopefully it will be an omnibus in the future.
    Same here basically. I don't prefer Absolutes, sure I have about 4 but they are too large for the shelf. I'll hold onto my 6 regular sized HC's.

Quote Originally Posted by NeathBlue View Post
    896 pages for the Brave and the Bold omnibus
    I'll definitely be getting that, wonder when Amazon will tell me that my original order is cancelled... Or will they stick to the price they've told me it will be?
    Are you referring to the $48 price, 60% off MSRP, they had up a bit ago or a better price than that?

I wonder if that Flash Silver Age Omni vol.2 will have the new trade dress that DCs gone to for their Golden/Silver/Bronze age editions? Cause the first volume was done before that and will not match, same for Green Lantern Silver Age volumes 1&2
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I wonder if that Flash Silver Age Omni vol.2 will have the new trade dress that DCs gone to for their Golden/Silver/Bronze age editions? Cause the first volume was done before that and will not match, same for Green Lantern Silver Age volumes 1&2
    It'll have the new trade dress, if you go back a few pages you'll see they put SA JLA Vol 2 in the new trade dress despite the fact it dosn't match Vol 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Ales View Post
    Hi, I'm not sure this question has been answered already somewhere but will those big Omnibus collections of the JLA, Supergirl and The Flash in the new 'Silver Age'-series also come out, eventually, as trade paperbacks? I generally read in bed and those big omnibus books are pretty uncomfortable.
    GA Supes, GA Batman and SA JL and SA Flash all have/are making the Omnibus -> TPB transition weather or not the other series make the move is unknown at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by NeathBlue View Post
    896 pages for the Brave and the Bold omnibus
    I'll definitely be getting that, wonder when Amazon will tell me that my original order is cancelled... Or will they stick to the price they've told me it will be?
    Amazon will keep your original order, in these cases were a book is cancelled and very quickly resolicited its very very rare for Amazon you cancel a pre-order, they'll fufill it at lowest price point between your initial order and release date. They will usual even honor blatant screwups when it comes to them listing their book for example the SA Supergirl that was originally listed as a ~$15 TPB then solicited as an Omnibus, everyone who ordered early enough got the Omnibus for the $15 TPb price.

More than late to the party, I know, I know. But how frickin amazing is Gotham Central? Been holding out for years to read it (OOP HCs, no Deluxe in sight etc. etc.) and now I finally got and tore through the Omnibus. It is unbelievable that a series like this was cancelled while s*** like Deadpool gets one series after another.

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    More than late to the party, I know, I know. But how frickin amazing is Gotham Central? Been holding out for years to read it (OOP HCs, no Deluxe in sight etc. etc.) and now I finally got and tore through the Omnibus. It is unbelievable that a series like this was cancelled while s*** like Deadpool gets one series after another.
    absolutely agreed! And how the hell is this not the Gotham tv show instead of that ...thing that is currently on tv?

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    absolutely agreed! And how the hell is this not the Gotham tv show instead of that ...thing that is currently on tv?
    Agreed. I can't believe people actually like Gotham.
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    Agreed. I can't believe people actually like Gotham.
    A Batman show without Batman just appeals to people. If Gotham was just 'Law & Order: Gotham City,' the show wouldn't be as successful.

Gotham is trash though. I think people like it because they feel they're supposed to like it. A well thought out complex series of stories and characters, like those established in Gotham Central, would be a far more interesting and better show, but it would be a commercial failure.

Fantastic Member The Flicker Fade's Avatar

Gotham makes my heart hurt. I tore though the Gotham Central omnibus in like three nights. So, so good.

So I just finished reading Legion Lost by DnA. It was many pages ago now so I can't remember who recommended it, but THANK YOU! This was AWESOME. Just an absolute fantastic story. Crazy scifi concepts in a tense, gripping narrative with solid characterization. If Levitz's LoSH was Star Wars with superheroes then this was much more like Star Trek with superheroes. It was frustrating that we didn't get to know more of what happened after the end, but also that definitely made the story better. Just because we want answers as a reader, doesn't necessarily mean we should get them!

No spoilers, but what Saturn Girl did was SO fucked up.

And Shikari > Dawnstar. I guess no one's really used her since this, and that's a shame.

I guess Legion Lost has only ever been published in an out-of-print non-OHC hardcover with a $40 cover price? That made it a pain to get a hold of and it's pretty lame that it never got a paperback. But if you all ever get a chance to lay hands on this at a price you consider reasonable, you absolutely have to!

I NEVER would have read this without the recommendation, and I'd really have been missing out. Thank you!

(I hope DnA's Guardians is half this good!)

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Flicker Fade View Post
    Gotham makes my heart hurt. I tore though the Gotham Central omnibus in like three nights. So, so good.

So I just finished reading Legion Lost by DnA. It was many pages ago now so I can't remember who recommended it, but THANK YOU! This was AWESOME. Just an absolute fantastic story. Crazy scifi concepts in a tense, gripping narrative with solid characterization. If Levitz's LoSH was Star Wars with superheroes then this was much more like Star Trek with superheroes. It was frustrating that we didn't get to know more of what happened after the end, but also that definitely made the story better. Just because we want answers as a reader, doesn't necessarily mean we should get them!

No spoilers, but what Saturn Girl did was SO fucked up.

And Shikari > Dawnstar. I guess no one's really used her since this, and that's a shame.

I guess Legion Lost has only ever been published in an out-of-print non-OHC hardcover with a $40 cover price? That made it a pain to get a hold of and it's pretty lame that it never got a paperback. But if you all ever get a chance to lay hands on this at a price you consider reasonable, you absolutely have to!

I NEVER would have read this without the recommendation, and I'd really have been missing out. Thank you!

(I hope DnA's Guardians is half this good!)
    I never realized there wasn't a paperback release. Weird.

That said, Legion Lost is wonderful and is, additionally, the reason I was asking for LoSH recommendations not too long ago.

So damn HAPPY that we are getting an Absolute Wonder Woman! I have recently purchased Absolute Court of Owls after holding out for so long and put together a quick video hoping to convince others to upgrade. Re-reading this makes me regret not purchasing months ago.