View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 657 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 1575576076476536546556566576586596606616677077571157 ... LastLast
Results 9,841 to 9,855 of 21667

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    More than late to the party, I know, I know. But how frickin amazing is Gotham Central? Been holding out for years to read it (OOP HCs, no Deluxe in sight etc. etc.) and now I finally got and tore through the Omnibus. It is unbelievable that a series like this was cancelled while s*** like Deadpool gets one series after another.
    No kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by The Flicker Fade View Post
    Gotham makes my heart hurt. I tore though the Gotham Central omnibus in like three nights. So, so good.

So I just finished reading Legion Lost by DnA. It was many pages ago now so I can't remember who recommended it, but THANK YOU! This was AWESOME. Just an absolute fantastic story. Crazy scifi concepts in a tense, gripping narrative with solid characterization. If Levitz's LoSH was Star Wars with superheroes then this was much more like Star Trek with superheroes. It was frustrating that we didn't get to know more of what happened after the end, but also that definitely made the story better. Just because we want answers as a reader, doesn't necessarily mean we should get them!

No spoilers, but what Saturn Girl did was SO fucked up.

And Shikari > Dawnstar. I guess no one's really used her since this, and that's a shame.

I guess Legion Lost has only ever been published in an out-of-print non-OHC hardcover with a $40 cover price? That made it a pain to get a hold of and it's pretty lame that it never got a paperback. But if you all ever get a chance to lay hands on this at a price you consider reasonable, you absolutely have to!

I NEVER would have read this without the recommendation, and I'd really have been missing out. Thank you!

(I hope DnA's Guardians is half this good!)
    The only reason I want to read DnA's Guardians is because of their Legion. I remember people talking about this years ago, so I hunted down the floppies. Wow. Such a great read!

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Flicker Fade View Post
    Gotham makes my heart hurt. I tore though the Gotham Central omnibus in like three nights. So, so good.

So I just finished reading Legion Lost by DnA. It was many pages ago now so I can't remember who recommended it, but THANK YOU! This was AWESOME. Just an absolute fantastic story. Crazy scifi concepts in a tense, gripping narrative with solid characterization. If Levitz's LoSH was Star Wars with superheroes then this was much more like Star Trek with superheroes. It was frustrating that we didn't get to know more of what happened after the end, but also that definitely made the story better. Just because we want answers as a reader, doesn't necessarily mean we should get them!

No spoilers, but what Saturn Girl did was SO fucked up.

And Shikari > Dawnstar. I guess no one's really used her since this, and that's a shame.

I guess Legion Lost has only ever been published in an out-of-print non-OHC hardcover with a $40 cover price? That made it a pain to get a hold of and it's pretty lame that it never got a paperback. But if you all ever get a chance to lay hands on this at a price you consider reasonable, you absolutely have to!

I NEVER would have read this without the recommendation, and I'd really have been missing out. Thank you!

(I hope DnA's Guardians is half this good!)
    I think I was the one who recommended it. Glad you enjoyed it. Now go read Legion Worlds and the Legion. They're nearly as good, and continue a ton of cool characterization.
    Cyclops was right

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I wonder if that Flash Silver Age Omni vol.2 will have the new trade dress that DCs gone to for their Golden/Silver/Bronze age editions? Cause the first volume was done before that and will not match, same for Green Lantern Silver Age volumes 1&2
    THE FLASH: THE SILVER AGE OMNIBUS VOL. 2 Cover by DARWYN COOKE:

Collecting THE FLASH #133-163

Btw, I also have Vol. 1. It would have been nice if they at least presented you with a new dust jacket for Vol. 1 along with the purchase of Vol. 2. Wishful thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor2014 View Post
    A Batman show without Batman just appeals to people. If Gotham was just 'Law & Order: Gotham City,' the show wouldn't be as successful.
    why do you think that? Law and order has a bazillion versions, one with the bat villains would be an instant success. People LOVE the Bat villains. Also Batman can make cameos, they don't even have to cast anyone, just keep him in the shadows, sometimes throws a batarang in or just drops a villain on the rooftop or something.
    Also, it' a comicbook show, viewers would check it out no matter what and since it bat based they would definitely give it a chance and then stick around because of the quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post

Are you referring to the $48 price, 60% off MSRP, they had up a bit ago or a better price than that?
    No, I've preordered the one, I think was either $75 or $100, and its cost me £31 free postage...

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    Amazon will keep your original order, in these cases were a book is cancelled and very quickly resolicited its very very rare for Amazon you cancel a pre-order, they'll fufill it at lowest price point between your initial order and release date. They will usual even honor blatant screwups when it comes to them listing their book for example the SA Supergirl that was originally listed as a ~$15 TPB then solicited as an Omnibus, everyone who ordered early enough got the Omnibus for the $15 TPb price.
    Thanks, that's great

Hell yes to the Absolute Wonder Woman announcement! What a great run.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    More than late to the party, I know, I know. But how frickin amazing is Gotham Central? Been holding out for years to read it (OOP HCs, no Deluxe in sight etc. etc.) and now I finally got and tore through the Omnibus. It is unbelievable that a series like this was cancelled while s*** like Deadpool gets one series after another.
    Rucka always maintains that it wasn't cancelled, but intentionally ended. He says DC were willing to keep going despite low sales, but after Brubaker and Lark left he didn't feel right continuing. ,For what it's worth I guess!

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NeathBlue View Post
    No, I've preordered the one, I think was either $75 or $100, and its cost me £31 free postage...
    I believe you're both referring to the same Omni. Around $48 on amazon.com and £30+ on amazon.co.uk. They upped the RRP to $125 hence the current 60% discount on amazon.com.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    why do you think that? Law and order has a bazillion versions, one with the bat villains would be an instant success. People LOVE the Bat villains. Also Batman can make cameos, they don't even have to cast anyone, just keep him in the shadows, sometimes throws a batarang in or just drops a villain on the rooftop or something.
    Yeah that would've been awesome. And the way Bats and other superhero character pops up is done so well that the few brief moments they were there were just amazing.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    THE FLASH: THE SILVER AGE OMNIBUS VOL. 2 Cover by DARWYN COOKE:

Collecting THE FLASH #133-163

Btw, I also have Vol. 1. It would have been nice if they at least presented you with a new dust jacket for Vol. 1 along with the purchase of Vol. 2. Wishful thinking.
    I wonder if a second print of volume 1 with a matching dust jacket will become a reality now?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Also, it' a comicbook show, viewers would check it out no matter what and since it bat based they would definitely give it a chance and then stick around because of the quality.
    Heck yeah! I'd watch your version of Gotham!

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Heck yeah! I'd watch your version of Gotham!
    I mean that's basically the book. Law and order with bat family/rouges gallery cameos. The series can be translated to screen almost exactly, maybe expanded a bit at certain places but it's a very good basis for like 2-3 seasons worth of television. Maybe not for a 23 episode/season formula but 10-13 episodes like HBO and Netflix. Quality over quantity (wish the Flash and Arrow would do that).
    Also I don't understand why can't tv channels cast major heroes like Batman and Superman? Why are they afraid? Supergirl finally did it so hopefully that will break the ice.

I mean that's basically the book. Law and order with bat family/rouges gallery cameos. The series can be translated to screen almost exactly, maybe expanded a bit at certain places but it's a very good basis for like 2-3 seasons worth of television. Maybe not for a 23 episode/season formula but 10-13 episodes like HBO and Netflix. Quality over quantity (wish the Flash and Arrow would do that).
    Also I don't understand why can't tv channels cast major heroes like Batman and Superman? Why are they afraid? Supergirl finally did it so hopefully that will break the ice.
    I think because we now live In a world where these A list heroes are on the big screen. You're right, Supergirl is braking the mold and doing what they wish. Hopefully it will pay off. I think the Batman tease would be great. Show his shadow, show the Batmobile, show some gadgets, but make it from the perspective of the cops the way Gotham Central always was. Throw in a catchy theme song and were in business.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    I think because we now live In a world where these A list heroes are on the big screen. You're right, Supergirl is braking the mold and doing what they wish. Hopefully it will pay off. I think the Batman tease would be great. Show his shadow, show the Batmobile, show some gadgets, but make it from the perspective of the cops the way Gotham Central always was. Throw in a catchy theme song and were in business.
    we will have 2 Flashes with the tv and movie versions. If people can adapt to multiple actors playing the movie versions and constant reboots (Batman, Spider-man) they can easily adjust to tv and movie versions too.