View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 658 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 1585586086486546556566576586596606616626687087581158 ... LastLast
Results 9,856 to 9,870 of 21671

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    we will have 2 Flashes with the tv and movie versions. If people can adapt to multiple actors playing the movie versions and constant reboots (Batman, Spider-man) they can easily adjust to tv and movie versions too.
    Agreed. The general audience just needs time. People are still confused the X-movies aren't connected with the Avengers movies.

I think most people, even non comic book fans know Batman's origins. They know he's a detective and fights crime. In this Gotham Central proposed show, we wouldn't need to focus our attention on him at all. The context is with the audience going in. (I recently read GC myself, and I'm extremely bitter that Gotham could have been what this amazing book was.)

Fantastic Member The Flicker Fade's Avatar

And if they were afraid the main characters would be overshadowed and rendered ineffectual by whatever Batman is doing as a background presence (because our main characters aren't taking in the Joker), they can just focus on the MCU fighting corruption in the department as the continuing plot, which is an area where Batman has proven pretty ineffectual. Honestly it isn't hard to write the great show Gotham could have been. Montoya and Allen, Driver and Chandler, Bullock and Sawyer, even Jim Gordon but as Commissioner.

Somebody got the idea that it should star Jim Gordon front-and-center, then they decided to make him younger so they could cast a guy women want to sleep with, then they decided if he's going to be younger he should be solving the murder of Bruce Wayne's parents, then they decided they could show a Batman prequel rather than a show about Gotham cops policing Gotham, then they broke everything.

Somewhere there's a universe we got the show we deserve (and needed).

The two most derided comic book TV shows out there (Gotham and Agents of Sheild) are the only ones I enjoy watching as I have slowly stopped watching anything the CW produces (I do watch Preacher and Lucifer, but they are so far removed from the comic book they don't count)

Very happy to be getting the WW absolute, the only n52 book I liked, I sold the HC's a long time ago in preparation for this, now wondering if I should sell my Swamp Thing books???

Amazing Member

My Flash volume 1 by Mark Waid has been cancelled. I hope this just means they are going to resolicit.
    Comic, toys and all around geek things from older geeks perspective: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUX...zQaKJKBaqzuNdg

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by PLEDGE View Post
    Hell yes to the Absolute Wonder Woman announcement! What a great run.
    I was sure they'd release it as 3 deluxe books (bk1 1-12, bk2 0-13-23, bk3 FB-24-35-SO) or an omnibus. The Absolute announcement still feels like a surprise for me

Seems as if the Wonder Woman 75y. issue will feature a story by Azzarello and Chiang (given that both their names appear in the solications). Hope it'll be included in one of the Absolute books of their run

Quote Originally Posted by evilomar View Post
    My Flash volume 1 by Mark Waid has been cancelled. I hope this just means they are going to resolicit.
    It was mentioned earlier in the thread that it's due to be resolicited.

I'm happy for those who are looking forward to Azz WW Absolute but I guess I'll just have to hold out hope for an Omni or a set of Deluxes someday as Absolutes (price and size wise) just aren't for me. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    It was mentioned earlier in the thread that it's due to be resolicited.
    Ugh. This was a highly anticipated trade for myself, and I'm sure many others. It pains me to know its been resolicited.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dipsa View Post
    I'm happy for those who are looking forward to Azz WW Absolute but I guess I'll just have to hold out hope for an Omni or a set of Deluxes someday as Absolutes (price and size wise) just aren't for me. :/
    I'm quite sure the first deluxe book (or omnibus) won't take very long to be released after the second/last Absolute book. Especially if the Wonder Woman solo film is a hit.

Quote Originally Posted by borntohula View Post
    I'm quite sure the first deluxe book (or omnibus) won't take very long to be released after the second/last Absolute book. Especially if the Wonder Woman solo film is a hit.
    This raises an interesting question. What series first published as Absolutes have then been collected in omnibus editions?

I can think of Sandman, which is collected in every form available, Planetary, and Johns' Green Lantern, although his whole run wasn't collected in Absolutes.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    This raises an interesting question. What series first published as Absolutes have then been collected in omnibus editions?

I can think of Sandman, which is collected in every form available, Planetary, and Johns' Green Lantern, although his whole run wasn't collected in Absolutes.
    Sandman
    Death
    Planetary
    Crisis on Infinite Earths
    Identity Crisis
    DKR/DK2
    Green Lantern Rebirth/Sinestro Corps/Blackest Night - Collected with additional material in GL Omnis 1 and 2
    League of Extraordinary Gentlemen 1 and 2
    Ronin
    Watchmen
    New Frontier
    Kingdom Come
    Y The Last Man - Technically this went the other way i suppose

Also Batman & Robin has a omni/deluxe early listing in edelweiss and amazon (not officially solicited yet though)
    Last edited by drd; 07-23-2016 at 02:32 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by borntohula View Post
    I'm not so sure about that. The recent influx of deluxes/omni's from Absolutes have only come after they were out of print for the majority (DK, Kingdom Come, COIE, New Frontier, Planetary, etc). Seems like once DC makes it's mind one way or the other for initial release, that's all we'll see for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    Sandman
    Death
    Planetary
    Identity Crisis
    DKR/DK2
    Green Lantern Rebirth/Sinestro Corps/Blackest Night - Collected with additional material in GL Omnis 1 and 2
    Ronin
    Watchmen
    New Frontier
    Kingdom Come

Also Batman & Robin has a omni/deluxe early listing in edelweiss and amazon (not officially solicited yet though)
    Many which you cited have not been collected in omnibus editions (although some do have OHCs)

Incredible Member

Many which you cited have not been collected in omnibus editions (although some do have OHCs)
    The only discernable difference between OHC and Omnibus is page count, something like Kingdom Come is never going to get an omnibus edition because it doesn't have enough material. For the discussion of which Absolutes have made the transition downwards in format OHC == Omnibus

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    Sandman
    Death
    Planetary
    Identity Crisis
    DKR/DK2
    Ronin
    Watchmen
    New Frontier
    Kingdom Come

Batman and robin by Morrison had a listing for the last couple months. Amazon.ca cancelled my order for it last week and said the item is no longer available. The listing is also gone