View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 661 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 1615616116516576586596606616626636646656717117611161 ... LastLast
Results 9,901 to 9,915 of 21670
    Amazing Member

Found a few more New 52 trade paperbacks that are now OOP (the new additions are in bold). I'm not including hardcovers in this list as those are also available in paperbacks.

Blue Beetle Vol 1
    Blue Beetle Vol 2
    Legion of Super-heroes Vol 1

Static Shock Vol 1
    Demon Knights Vol 1

Am I missing any?

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Swamp Thing is always good! I just read the Millar Morrison run and it was just tasty! He's like DCs Daredevil, everyone goes a classic run. Omnibus books I need include All Star Comics, Captain Marvel, and Plastic Man. The LEGION too, honestly, aren't their Bronze Age runs better than the Justice League? Bronze Age/ Silver Age Superman, how are they not Omnibussed? Otto Binder, Jim Shooter, Edmund Hamilton, plus Curt Swan? No, there are not more talented creators. Nevermind the Led Zeppelin that was Bates, Maggin, Schwarz, and Swan. Shame on DC for not bringing the Bronze Age books.

Spectacular Member

DC is just going to be taking all my extra money for the foreseeable future. I might have to stop making contributions to my daughters college fund---Sorry honey, daddy's got to have these new comic book collection

--Surely Levitz multiple runs on Legion merits a few thick paperbacks.Between Earthwar, the preGiffen issues, and then the Giffen issues, and then a lengthy run on the Baxter print issues with Lightle. Those would be awesome to reprint Titans style.

--Wonder why outsiders are getting hardcover treatment while the Wolfman Perez Titans get softcover (although Titans already had an omnibus and an archives treatment)
    trying to be nicer

Quote Originally Posted by Frogtown View Post
    lol...right there with you. Funnily enough..this is the only material of Swamp Thing I have read...

I decided I'm going to collect all the Golden, Silver, and Bronze Age omnibus. God help my wallet.

On a side note, apparently I'm a white privileged racist for liking golden/silver age comic books because there was no black superheroes and it's sexist. Yes, people actually told me this on another comic book site. Honestly, I seriously worry about the state of certain people's minds.

On a happier note, I'm really excited for the teen titans one. I have no idea what to expect but it's going to be fun seeing all the sidekicks group up together in all their silver age glory.

The Moore Swamp Thing is the most wanted Omnibus of all time I think!
    Do you guys know if there are legal issues that keep DC from printing it?
    I also need a Animal Man post-Grant Morrison Omnibus (maybe Animal Man (vol. 1) #27-63), Hellblazer by Ennis Omnibus and Question by Dennis O'Neil Omnibus!

Glad to know Midnighter has a TPB coming out! Any idea of the contents?
    (Midnighter: Killing Machine, Midnighter: Anthem, Midnighter: Assassin8, Grifter & Midnighter, Kev by garth ennis would be perfect!!! But i don't see them including the Kev issues.. )

Quote Originally Posted by ricardoramos View Post
    The Moore Swamp Thing is the most wanted Omnibus of all time I think!
    Do you guys know if there are legal issues that keep DC from printing it?
    I also need a Animal Man post-Grant Morrison Omnibus (maybe Animal Man (vol. 1) #27-63), Hellblazer by Ennis Omnibus and Question by Dennis O'Neil Omnibus!

seriously doubt there's any legal issues

Default Question on DMZ Deluxe Editions

I've always been a big DC collector and now all the Marvel Star Wars Hardcover Editions and new collections as they come out in Hardcover.

I'm STILL reading A LOT HERE, (specifically ALL the old threads on 'Collected Editions' and Latest Orders' going back when this board was relaunched in 2014, and still wayyyyyyyyyyyy behind, almost to 2015 posts ), and there seems to be so much other good stuff out there for this girl to read.

The DMZ series caught my attention and I went and watched a couple really positive You-Tube reviews of it.
    I like war themes, battles, stuff like that, so it really peaked my interest.

Thought I would pick up the first one, (Deluxe Edition #1), and dig in and I guess it's now OOP?

Volumes 2 thru 5 still good pricing on IST, but NO #1.

Since I only found this place a couple months ago, I'm only about years behind with all the latest and greatest stuff that's released and must buys.

Does anyone think The Volume 1 Deluxe Edition will ever get a reprint?
    I really don't want to buy the 12 TPB's.
    Or am I just wayyyyy to late on getting this edition?
    Last edited by Hawkgirl_70; 07-26-2016 at 06:37 AM.
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

Mighty Member

I'd guess probably not. The new trade for volume one is already on amazon for this year, and dc doesn't typically reprint the hc's after they follow with the larger trade format. I guess the good news is you can collect the series in 5 trades if you can wait for another 2 years for them all to be released lol.
    Last edited by awayne83; 07-26-2016 at 07:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl70 View Post
    I've always been a big DC collector and now all the Marvel Star Wars Hardcover Editions and new collections as they come out in Hardcover.

I'm STILL reading A LOT HERE, (specifically ALL the old threads on 'Collected Editions' and Latest Orders' going back when this board was relaunched in 2014, and still wayyyyyyyyyyyy behind, almost to 2015 posts ), and there seems to be so much other good stuff out there for this girl to read.

The DMZ series caught my attention and I went and watched a couple really positive You-Tube reviews of it.

Thought I would pick up the first one, (Deluxe Edition #1), and dig in and I guess it's now OOP?

Since I only found this place a couple months ago, I'm only about years behind with all the latest and greatest stuff that's released and must buys.

vol1 is oop but you can still find it on the secondary market but don't know about prices, it must be somewhat cheaper in the US than here in Europe.
    Reprint is unlikely, I don't think DC ever reprinted deluxe editions, what they do lately is reprint them as paperbacks. They just released the first volume of DMZ in June I think, same content as the deluxe just paperback.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    vol1 is oop but you can still find it on the secondary market but don't know about prices, it must be somewhat cheaper in the US than here in Europe.
    Reprint is unlikely, I don't think DC ever reprinted deluxe editions, what they do lately is reprint them as paperbacks. They just released the first volume of DMZ in June I think, same content as the deluxe just paperback.
    I have found a New Mint one last night but wow! $60! Brand new is well over $100! YIKES!!!
    But I want one.
    Guess it's time to offer up my cleaning services again on Facebook....
    Last edited by Hawkgirl_70; 07-26-2016 at 06:54 AM. Reason: misspelled word
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

I have found a New Mint one last night but wow! $60! Brand new is well over $100! YIKES!!!
    But I want one.
    Guess it's time to offer up my cleaning services again on Facebook....
    regularly check amazon, ebay, alibris and abebooks. Books in very good condition are going for lower prices than "like new" ones and they are perfectly fine usually.
    If the price is that low sometimes I even go for "good" condition.

Fantastic Member The Flicker Fade's Avatar

I would try local comic shops if you have any near you. I didn't know it was OOP, but I think I've seen several shops near me still have them. I think the book is only $30-$35 cover price so paying full retail isn't so bad.

If a book has only recently gone OOP, like within one to three months, you usually have a good shot trying this.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    100 Bullets vol 1 got a reprint but that's all that comes to mind

Quote Originally Posted by ricardoramos View Post
    My thoughts exactly! I'm curious about the beginnings but rather have Moore Run (of course) or after Moore (Rick Veitch, Doug Wheeler, Nancy A. Collins, Grant Morrison, Mark Millar, Brian K. Vaughan)
    It feels like DC views Swampy as risky. They just finished the Millar run in trades, and if this Bronze Age omni comes through, it will be the first time issues after #13 are collected as well. (Which would explain why they canceled Roots of the Swamp Thing v.2). Saga of the Swamp Thing #1-19 needs to be collected as well, and everything after Moore's run is either OoP, or never collected. Save for the Diggle and BKV stuff. But I have hope. I know a lot of those runs aren't particularly"good", but I'd still like to read them. How can I be a Swamp Thing expert if I can't read it all!?