View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 664 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 1645646146546606616626636646656666676686747147641164 ... LastLast
Results 9,946 to 9,960 of 21672

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    With respect to the Supergirl: Bronze Age omnibus someone over at the MMW Forums estimated the page count at roughly 700 (and said supergirl #11 didn't exist) and someone on the bleedingcool comments about this batch of amazon fishes said that edelweiss have already listed a cancellation notice for this paperback collection. Which means we are almost certainly looking at a repeat of the supergirl silver age omnibus and this will get solicited as a proper hardcover. Id encourage anyone interested to get your amazon preorder in now while amazon has it listed at the paperback prices.
    Complete noob question here...if the paperback gets cancelled & resolicited as an omni, why would Amazon switch me over to the omnibus? I went ahead & preordered it (figured at that price I could just flip it), but I'm curious how this works.

Also, this is the one listed as "Supergirl: The Bronze Age vilume 1", correct? For $24.99? Just wanted to make sure I had the right one.
    Last edited by Clark_Kent; 07-28-2016 at 06:32 AM.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    Complete noob question here...if the paperback gets cancelled & resolicited as an omni, why would Amazon switch me over to the omnibus? I went ahead & preordered it (figured at that price I could just flip it), but I'm curious how this works.

Also, this is the one listed as "Supergirl: The Bronze Age vilume 1", correct? For $24.99? Just wanted to make sure I had the right one.
    The exacts whys and wherefores are a mystery when it comes to amazon, my best guess would be a combination of the fact that they are exceptionally lazy with removing cancelled books (see the starman paperback omnibus listings) and that the super girl omni will end up reusing the same ISBN so amazons automated systems will see it as the same book with a price increase thus honouring your original price. The only time I can remember this not working was when the GA by Kevin Smith deluxe got resolicited into an Absolute edition but in that scenario amazon kept the old listing and added the Absolute as a new item, adding to my suspicions the whole thing revolves around ISBNs

Quote Originally Posted by The Flicker Fade View Post
    What could have been, right? Imagine that legacy of consecutive writers on a single character with Vertigo-level maturity in the storytelling. Swamp Thing might have become the biggest thing in comics.

I actually think Ellis was in the wrong with Hellblazer. He should have demurred and agreed to let them delay publication of the Shoot story. It's not like they wanted to cancel it outright and given the mood of the country right after Columbine, publishing it just would have felt wrong. It just would have. That's just how it was. But Ellis is English so who knows how that feeling over here was filtering to him over there. 'Course he probably also wanted to rub the bloody idiot Yanks' noses in it so we'd get the message about our love affair with guns, and use the opportunity to make it sting as much as possible in the futile hope his words might have an effect. When it finally did see publication we were all just numb to it, as we've continued to be toward our weekly mass shootings. America, fuck yeah!

Gaiman's Black Orchid is highly underrated. It's such a beautiful story. Lyrical, almost, and the art is so pretty. It's a favorite of mine and no one seems to appreciate it enough. I'm glad to see some love!
    I'm not positive but I think Ellis might have written shoot before columbine. Regardless, yes he shouldn't have acted like a child and walked. Unlike the situation with Veitch and ST, I believe DC always planned to publish shoot but wanted to wait.

Personally I wouldn't have published it because it was shitty story and I say that being a big Ellis fan.

The exacts whys and wherefores are a mystery when it comes to amazon, my best guess would be a combination of the fact that they are exceptionally lazy with removing cancelled books (see the starman paperback omnibus listings) and that the super girl omni will end up reusing the same ISBN so amazons automated systems will see it as the same book with a price increase thus honouring your original price. The only time I can remember this not working was when the GA by Kevin Smith deluxe got resolicited into an Absolute edition but in that scenario amazon kept the old listing and added the Absolute as a new item, adding to my suspicions the whole thing revolves around ISBNs

Ooooh, I hadn't thought of the ISBN #'s...interesting theory! I preordered, so we'll see what happens.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Need help, should I buy Mad Love and Other Stories or Mad Love Deluxe edition?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Need help, should I buy Mad Love and Other Stories or Mad Love Deluxe edition?
    The paperback actually has more content than the deluxe hardcover so unless your an absolute stickler for the oversized format is suggest the paperback.

The paperback actually has more content than the deluxe hardcover so unless your an absolute stickler for the oversized format is suggest the paperback.
    There is HC edition as well.

For anybody who is interested in Suicide Squad Silver Age Vol.1 that DC released this week, I have included it in my haul video.

Got to love DC trolling us by using a different shade of grey for its dust jacket design.

I'm super confused, where's the Suicide Squad omnibus on Amazon?
    Is it this, and it hasn't been updated:

https://www.amazon.com/Suicide-Squad.../dp/1401263437

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by milhouse123321 View Post
    I'm super confused, where's the Suicide Squad omnibus on Amazon?
    Is it this, and it hasn't been updated:

https://www.amazon.com/Suicide-Squad.../dp/1401263437
    Yes, that's the one and yes it hasn't been updated.

I just got back two custom-bound Hellblazer volumes that our own poster DickGrayson had done. As always, they look great. These are for Hellblazer vol. 5 and 6.
    Vol. 5 is a monster and looks like one of those Geoff Johns Green Lantern omnibus books. It collects the Paul Jenkins run.
    Vol. 6 is the same size (it doesn't look it in the pics) but is thinner. It collects the Ennis "Son of Man" storyline and the Ellis run.
    DickGrayson also did the first four volumes for me awhile back, so I've got the entire run collected up until Azzarello.
    I've been having him collect them as the trades comes out (although I did need to score the floppies for the two-issue mini: Hellblazer: Books of Magic 1-2 by Jenkins).

Here's a few pics.
    DickGrayson also has a few but I can't find them.

IMG_6733.jpg
    IMG_6734.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Yes, that's the one and yes it hasn't been updated.
    As it shouldn't
    We need better comics

A couple of more pics

IMG_6735.jpg
    IMG_6736.jpg

There you go, got an email from Amazon, saying the Supergirl bronze age tpb isn't available, the release date is now January 1st 2035, which is Amazon's way of saying it's not gonna be released

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy82 View Post
    There you go, got an email from Amazon, saying the Supergirl bronze age tpb isn't available, the release date is now January 1st 2035, which is Amazon's way of saying it's not gonna be released
    Hey Guys,

just saw this comment and the same goes for the Batman New Gotham Trade. To me this makes next to none sense. They just (finally) finished the Cataclysm/No Man's Land arc with the release of the second Road to ... and this one would be the start of the new era post NML.

On top of it: the german retailer which published Batman during these years stopped putting out the German comics exactly at the end of NML. So I never had the chance to read this era of Batman Comics and was looking forward to it.

Any idea if this one is just a push back or gone for good?