View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 67 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 1757636465666768697071771171675671067 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 21670
    X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUserName12 View Post
    Those books look amazing. If I could ever find these books for a reasonable price, I'd swap my omnibus in a heartbeat!
    That pair looks different than mine. My Vol. 2 spine text doesn't line up the same on the shelf, and the color of the book/case is different.

Any knowledge on this? Do I have a different printing of one and not the other? Honestly, it really drives me crazy - they're on a prominent shelf in my dining room next to the Sandman Absolutes.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    That pair looks different than mine. My Vol. 2 spine text doesn't line up the same on the shelf, and the color of the book/case is different.

Any knowledge on this? Do I have a different printing of one and not the other? Honestly, it really drives me crazy - they're on a prominent shelf in my dining room next to the Sandman Absolutes.
    There's been two printings of Volume One, and one of Volume two. Volume One was first printed several years ago then went OOP. A couple of years back Planetary was finally finished and a reprint of Volume One and a first print of Volume Two were released about the same time. I have the recent printings, and there doesn't appear to be differences.

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post

Same for me. We have first prints of Volume 1, is all. Some changes were made when reprinted.

So what's the verdict on All Star Batman, which is coming out as an Absolute tomorrow? Doesn't have the best rep. Miller's script, I mean. Lee art is Lee art, and the main reason I'm tempted.

Under-appreciated and actually good? Well earned rep for being terrible? Or over-the-top Miller dialog that starts to become fun for being so over-the-top?

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by csista View Post
    So what's the verdict on All Star Batman...
    Well earned rep for being terrible? Or over-the-top Miller dialog that starts to become fun for being so over-the-top?
    All of the above. The fact that it remains unfinished doesn't help its case in the slightest either.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Amazing Member

I didn't like All-Star Batman at first, but as I started to realise what kind of fun Miller was having with the book, I grew to really like it, to the extent that I'll be getting the Absolute. Jim Lee's art suits the format well too.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    The fact that it remains unfinished doesn't help its case in the slightest either.
    I think the Absolute is only collecting the first nine issues, which provides a reasonable stopping point (even if it's not a true conclusion). Adding the tenth would leave it completely unresolved.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio View Post
    I absolutely loved the Frank Quitely art book. The short comics he's done we're cool and getting Batman's Scotland adventure was a fun surprise.
    Yeah, it's a great collection, especially for the price.

So the Azzerello/Chiang Wonder Woman run is ending soon but its all planned out so hopefully DC gets their butts in-to-gear and announces an Omnibus of this great run.

Quote Originally Posted by NZ_InFerno View Post
    So the Azzerello/Chiang Wonder Woman run is ending soon but its all planned out so hopefully DC gets their butts in-to-gear and announces an Omnibus of this great run.
    I'd love an omnibus of they're run....but I'd honestly enjoy a Perez collection a bit more...

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    I'd love an omnibus of they're run....but I'd honestly enjoy a Perez collection a bit more...
    Currently, I don't care if it's from Perez, Simone, Azzarello, Rucka or somebody else, I just want a WW omnibus
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NZ_InFerno View Post
    I was just considering this, and think that I'd actually prefer 2-3 Deluxe Editions to a giant 36 issue omnibus.

Assuming of course, we get sewn binding.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by csista View Post
    So what's the verdict on All Star Batman, which is coming out as an Absolute tomorrow? Doesn't have the best rep. Miller's script, I mean. Lee art is Lee art, and the main reason I'm tempted.

Under-appreciated and actually good? Well earned rep for being terrible? Or over-the-top Miller dialog that starts to become fun for being so over-the-top?
    This is all you need to know:

Amazing Member

I've not had a look on this thread for a while and have some questions, did some looking over the pages and couldn't find an answer. Hopefully you guys can help!

Did people get the Hawkman Omnbus from WH Smith? Think it was on at £14 or something!

Secondly, have the bloody fixed the Johns Green Lantern Omnibus yet???

BANNED

Under-appreciated and actually good in my opinion. It's Batman's 3rd year in the job after the events of Year One and Holy Terror (you know, the Frank Miller's Legendary comic?) so Batman's pretty much a nutcase and Robin gets introduced. This changes the way Gotham vigilantes will react to Batman, this changes the Joker, this changes the Justice League. It's really Robin's Year One story and how Dick Grayson brings back the humanity in Batman.

It's Frank Miller and the god damn Batman. You got violence, you got damsels, you got vigilantes, you got the villains, you have the Justice League. It's nasty and you love it for that. You can read your typical detective story about Batman versus the Gotham Underworld, or you can read something far more unique.

Incredible Member

All Star Batman holds a special place in my heart. Its awesome and hilarious in equal measure. It borders on self-parody half the time.

And the scene where Dick Grayson beats and almost kills someone (can't work out what the spoiler tags are here so I wont say who it is) is one of the greatest parts of the entire book.

I'm not picking up the Absolute yet due to a lack of suitable shelf space but when thats rectified it'll be near the top of my shopping list.