View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 670 of 1444 FirstFirst ... 1705706206606666676686696706716726736746807207701170 ... LastLast
Results 10,036 to 10,050 of 21659

Quote Originally Posted by mzqamarul View Post
    Hi everyone. Is there news that DC will publish Ostrander's Suicide Squad in Omnibus format to coincide with the movie?
    Wow, you beat me to it. I actually just came here to say I would really love to see a Ostrander Suicide Squad Omnibus. I've been reading the TPs (on vol 3 now) and I'm really enjoying them. However--especially with the paper downgrade in volume 3--I would enjoy this so much more in an Omnibus format with better paper and print quality.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

It's very, very rare for DC(or Marvel either) to leave money on the table. I've no doubt they only released the Suicide Squad Bronze Age Omni cause they knew more people would snatch it up with the movie coming up even though the contents really have nothing to do with the film. I'd wager they were right and a significant percentage of people who might normally have passed on SS:Bronze Age Omni picked it up.

Ostrander's run which redefined the concept in the Modern Age(can't believe we can't get Overstreet/Industry to adopt Copper Age officially but I digress) that led to the movie roster is almost certain to get compiled into an Omni in the next year.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

If so, I'll definitely be selling off my TPs if possible and buying it.

Quote Originally Posted by beastmaster283 View Post
    If so, I'll definitely be selling off my TPs if possible and buying it.
    Its impressive how fast they're pumping out the trades. Which may explain why the downgrade on quality for the trades. But I'm sure they'll look at the sales records for these trades give the film a few months, and see if an Omni would be worth it.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    It's very, very rare for DC(or Marvel either) to leave money on the table. I've no doubt they only released the Suicide Squad Bronze Age Omni cause they knew more people would snatch it up with the movie coming up even though the contents really have nothing to do with the film. I'd wager they were right and a significant percentage of people who might normally have passed on SS:Bronze Age Omni picked it up.

Ostrander's run which redefined the concept in the Modern Age(can't believe we can't get Overstreet/Industry to adopt Copper Age officially but I digress) that led to the movie roster is almost certain to get compiled into an Omni in the next year.
    It'd be interesting to see how much of that Suicide Squad Bronze Age Omni they manage to sell for this few months the movie is playing. I feel like they should have done the Ostrander one as it is well received by fans, attached to a big name and having the same premise as the movie.

This is the same when Marvel's Netflix Daredevil season 1. They didn't print or re-print any Daredevil omnibus when it came out and it was a big miss as the show was a hit with fans. Marvel learned their lesson and tied season 2 with reprints of a number of popular omnibus.

The difference here is that we don't even know when or if SS2 is coming out so I think this is a big miss by DC. I would have bought the Ostrander Omni in a heartbeat after watching the movie.

Been (finally) reading the Perez WW omnibus. It's different than I expected(in a good way). I hope we get a 2nd volume.

And a Byrne omnibus.
    And a Jimenez. (They can stick Simonson's arc at the end)
    And a Rucka.
    Last edited by ER Prest; 08-10-2016 at 05:24 PM.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Been (finally) reading the Perez WW omnibus. It's different than I expected(in a good way). I hope we get a 2nd volume.

And a Byrne omnibus.
    And a Jimenez. (They can stick Simonson's arc at the end)
    And a Rucka.
    I want a Byrne WW omnibus, but the Jimenez stuff isn't all that great. His art is amazing, but the story really isn't.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Jimenez run....was that when she worked at the Taco Hut or something like that??

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    I want a Byrne WW omnibus, but the Jimenez stuff isn't all that great. His art is amazing, but the story really isn't.
    Basically the only reason I want it is because of his art, honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Jimenez run....was that when she worked at the Taco Hut or something like that??
    That was the Messner-Loebs run.

I think Jimenez's run is head and shoulders above Byrne's. While I agree there are some duds in it, that issue where Lois interviews Diana is an all-time classic! And using the mediocre Our Worlds at War event to make a gut-wrenching issue with Hippolyta? SO GOOD! Though I feel like I read there was a ton of editorial meddling with his run, especially early on, so that could account for some of the run's inconsistency. But overall it's fantastic IMO, art AND story.

Amazing Member

So.. Anyone else's Batman omnibus arrived like this?

image.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Virani View Post

image.jpg
    Wow it lays flat even before the first page 😜. I hope this isn't a common problem.

image.jpg
    DAMN! So sorry this happened to you It looks like they did a poor job gluing yours.

Luckily mine had no issues.

image.jpg
    Wow, sorry this happened to yours, but thanks for posting this. I usually leave my books shrink wrapped until I read them, but this one's getting opened right away. Have to make sure mine isn't DOA.

I used to keep mine in shrink wrap until I was ready to read as well...until I got burned because the pages weren't cut right. Now I open them all so I don't miss the window to return and get a perfect copy.