View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 676 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 1765766266666726736746756766776786796806867267761176 ... LastLast
Results 10,126 to 10,140 of 21673
    Spectacular Member Master Destructo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NeathBlue View Post
    Is it unusual that the JLA Bronze Age Omni still hasn't been reduced in price if you preorder it on Amazon?
    The Green Lantern omni has been reduced but the JLA one is still about £77.
    The release date is not for 6 months or so, so no it's not especially unusual. The price will go down, and up, and down, and up several times before February 2017. The trick is to preorder as soon as possible and then wait. Because of Amazon's preorder price guarantee, you will lock-in at however low the price gets down to before the release date. You aren't charged before they ship it to you, so you can always cancel the order a couple days before the release, if the price doesn't seem good to you. You can also just return it free of charge for a full refund if you forget to cancel and don't want it. Because Amazon's prices can fluctuate so rapidly and unpredictably, the preorder guarantee is the way to get the lowest possible price. In the past, I've ended up getting several books for less-than-half-price using Amazon this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Destructo View Post
    The release date is not for 6 months or so, so no it's not especially unusual. The price will go down, and up, and down, and up several times before February 2017. The trick is to preorder as soon as possible and then wait. Because of Amazon's preorder price guarantee, you will lock-in at however low the price gets down to before the release date. You aren't charged before they ship it to you, so you can always cancel the order a couple days before the release, if the price doesn't seem good to you. You can also just return it free of charge for a full refund if you forget to cancel and don't want it. Because Amazon's prices can fluctuate so rapidly and unpredictably, the preorder guarantee is the way to get the lowest possible price. In the past, I've ended up getting several books for less-than-half-price using Amazon this way.
    Yeah I'm going to preorder it now, am hoping it'll come down by about 40% or so... Good point that I can cancel it anytime if I'm not happy with the price

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Batman the Golden Age vol.2 arrived yesterday.
    I read the first two stories and they are pulp-ish fun! Another solid buy!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

BANNED

Len Wein Swamp Thing Omnibus spotted:

https://www.amazon.com/Swamp-Thing-B...ing+bronze+age

Spectacular Member Master Destructo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Just finished Perez's WW omnibus. Pretty solid, it's held up fairly well. I kind of wish they included Millenium and AC 600, or at least the relative parts of each. It was an awkward jump at the end of 13 to 14, and then 16 to 17. Looking forward to a second omnibus of his, and potentially a third?
    Speaking of which...Volume 2 just appeared (or reappeared) on amazon this morning. Release date of May 16, 2017.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post

Speaking of which...Volume 2 just appeared (or reappeared) on amazon this morning. Release date of May 16, 2017.
    Thanks for the heads up dudes. I'm glad there will be a 2nd volume to WW Perez Omni.
    Last edited by Batarang; 08-21-2016 at 09:37 AM.

Incredible Member

Does anyone know what happened to the Batman New Gotham Trade that was supposed to be released this month?

Quote Originally Posted by Batarang View Post
    Thanks for the heads up dudes. I'm glad there will be a 2nd volume to WW Perez Omni.
    Welp, look at that. http://amzn.to/2bHVZMV

Anyways, listed at 500 pages for 75 msrp, which is about 150 pages less than volume 1, which means it's definitely not concluding Perez's run, nor including War of the Gods. So, if this is real, I guess we'll be getting a 3rd omnibus at somme point.

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post

I'm really happy about this.
    I do wish they'd collect Soule's ST to compliment the Synder run in Deluxe, but at least we're getting somewhere.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I'm really happy about this.
    I do wish they'd collect Soule's ST to compliment the Synder run in Deluxe, but at least we're getting somewhere.
    Could they go ahead and do at least a limited run of Lemire's Animal Man in Deluxe/Omnibus format to compliment Swamp Thing?

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Welp, look at that. http://amzn.to/2bHVZMV

Anyways, listed at 500 pages for 75 msrp, which is about 150 pages less than volume 1, which means it's definitely not concluding Perez's run, nor including War of the Gods. So, if this is real, I guess we'll be getting a 3rd omnibus at somme point.
    Is that new? The old one was confirmed as an error, I believe. I hope this is real, though. I really enjoyed volume one.
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post
    Could they go ahead and do at least a limited run of Lemire's Animal Man in Deluxe/Omnibus format to compliment Swamp Thing?
    That's an excellent suggestion as well.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    That's an excellent suggestion as well.
    How many New 52 deluxe/ohc and absolutes have we gotten? Off the top of my head:

OHC
    SS Swamp Thing
    SS/Lee Superman Unchained
    Mieville Dial H
    Lemire/Sorrentino Green Arrow
    Multiversity

Omnibus
    All those goofy single issue omnibuses

Absolutes
    Azz/Chiang Wonder Woman (forthcoming)

I'm sure I missed a few.

Lemire's Animal man would be a lovely addition though, as would a few other runs

Yes, I've been wanting a Lemire animal man OHC for a while!

Incredible Member

How many New 52 deluxe/ohc and absolutes have we gotten? Off the top of my head:

OHC
    SS Swamp Thing
    SS/Lee Superman Unchained
    Mieville Dial H
    Lemire/Sorrentino Green Arrow
    Multiversity

Omnibus
    All those goofy single issue omnibuses

Absolutes
    Azz/Chiang Wonder Woman (forthcoming)

I'm sure I missed a few.

Lemire's Animal man would be a lovely addition though, as would a few other runs
    Manapul's The Flash is supposed to be coming in a few months... As was GJ's Aquaman, but I no longer see that one on Amazon.com.