View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 678 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 1785786286686746756766776786796806816826887287781178 ... LastLast
Results 10,156 to 10,170 of 21674

Quote Originally Posted by titansupes View Post
    Perfect, cheers.

Hmm... I love me some Morrison, but I'm not sure if I've reached black belt status yet! Will have to think a bit longer. Cheers for the answer.

I've somehow never heard of this story before. You guys recommend it?
    Flex is much more digestible than filth or the invisibles though. Also shorter.
    I haven't heard about the Death and the maidens story before either but I like the cover and Rucka.

Yeah Flex is much easier to take in then something like the Invisibles. Death and Maidens is okay, been awhile since I read it. Not his best work, but I enjoyed it. Ra's makes Bruce an offer and it is not an easy decision for Bruce, won't spoil anything, but I can see why some may not like the story also.

Mark Waids Flash is killing me. It keeps getting pushed back. I was hoping it would be available around the time Season 3 of the Flash aired. Its been a painful wait.

ok question. I've posted here a few times that I started reading the beginning of this thread and will someday soon get caught up.

Can someone catch me up on this?

I see on Amazon there is a Green Lantern Silver Age Omnibus 1 being released in March 2017???

I have Green Lantern Hardcover Book 1 and just happened to come upon that listing while searching for Green Lantern Hardcover Book 2 that I still need to buy.

Is this new Omni replacing the GL Hardcovers Books 1 and 2?
    Confused.
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

Fantastic Member The Flicker Fade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl70 View Post
    ok question. I've posted here a few times that I started reading the beginning of this thread and will someday soon get caught up.

Can someone catch me up on this?

I see on Amazon there is a Green Lantern Silver Age Omnibus 1 being released in March 2017???

I have Green Lantern Hardcover Book 1 and just happened to come upon that listing while searching for Green Lantern Hardcover Book 2 that I still need to buy.

Is this new Omni replacing the GL Hardcovers Books 1 and 2?
    Confused.
    We think it's a new edition of a Silver Age Green Lantern omnibus volume 1, collecting all the material from the old edition of volume 1 plus some of the material from the volume 2 omnibus. BUT, as of now this is just a best guess. I don't think we've seen an official solicitation (and with DC those often change anyway as the release of a book approaches) and the description on Amazon has already changed a few times.

We're kind of in uncharted waters, as this "new and expanded edition" of an omnibus DC has already published once has never happened before. Usually new editions keep the same contents as the old editions and only update things like cover art or logos or fix mistakes, so people who have the old editions don't necessarily HAVE TO re-buy the new ones (and the company doesn't have to create an all-new book layout for the printer). However, DC has good reason to revisit the Green Lantern Silver Age omnibuses, because they messed them up bad the first time around in quality and size. Personally I hope it is what we think, a new revised and expanded edition of volume 1, one that is proper quality and covers enough material to reprint the entire Silver Age in two volumes.

DC did once, years ago, release a terrible quality Death and Return of Superman "omnibus" on newsprint quality paper that wasn't even oversized, and then a few years later correct the mistake and issue a proper oversized omnibus on good paper and with more of the issues collected (they still missed one). That's really our only precedent for this.
    Last edited by The Flicker Fade; 08-24-2016 at 10:51 AM.

Spectacular Member Master Destructo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Flicker Fade View Post
    We think it's a new edition of a Silver Age Green Lantern omnibus volume 1, collecting all the material from the old edition of volume 1 plus some of the material from the volume 2 omnibus. BUT, as of now this is just a best guess. I don't think we've seen an official solicitation (and with DC those often change anyway as the release of a book approaches) and the description on Amazon has already changed a few times.

We're kind of in uncharted waters, as this "new and expanded edition" of an omnibus DC has already published once has never happened before. Usually new editions keep the same contents as the old editions and only update things like cover art or logos or fix mistakes, so people who have the old editions don't necessarily HAVE TO re-buy the new ones (and the company doesn't have to create an all-new book layout for the printer). However, DC has good reason to revisit the Green Lantern Silver Age omnibuses, because they messed them up bad the first time around in quality and size. Personally I hope it is what we think, a new revised and expanded edition of volume 1, one that is proper quality and covers enough material to reprint the entire Silver Age in two volumes.

DC did once, years ago, release a terrible quality Death and Return of Superman "omnibus" on newsprint quality paper that wasn't even oversized, and then a few years later correct the mistake and issue a proper oversized omnibus on good paper and with more of the issues collected (they still missed one). That's really our only precedent for this.
    I hope they'll also go this route with the Starman and Fourth World "Omnibus" volumes. Those deserve the oversized treatment for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by The Flicker Fade View Post

Thank you for the detailed answer! So I'm wondering if I should wait to buy the GL Silver Age Omni 2. The problem is, it keeps going up in price.
    However, if they are reprinting these (hopefully), I can wait. I could sell my GL SA Omni 1 on EBAY and wait for this new one to come out.
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1

Mighty Member

Widh DC would reprint some of the earlier omnis like NTT or Johns Flash. Not only are these oop and stupid expensive, they had those crappy early bindings. And b4 someone mentions it, im not interested in the trades lol

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Widh DC would reprint some of the earlier omnis like NTT or Johns Flash. Not only are these oop and stupid expensive, they had those crappy early bindings. And b4 someone mentions it, im not interested in the trades lol
    HAHA!!! That last sentence! People mention that to me frequently here and another board. They mean well.

I agree, I wanted DC's 52 in Omni as well as Identity Crisis.
    I don't understand why any company wouldn't want to make more sales?
    Are the DC executives ALSO COLLECTORS who only want like 100 omni books printed and they buy like 90 of them before we can???
    I wish I had the money to buy every Omni and OHC that DC releases of the themes I like to read.
    My problem was, I quit reading all comics when I started teaching back in 91. Then, I decided to dive back into it 3 years ago. I started buying TPB's of anything Justice League, Batman, Superman, Flash, Teen Titans, ALL the Showcases, Green Lantern and Arrow, and just went nuts with buying. This year, I REALLY woke up and found this forum. TOTALLY COOL PLACE!!!
    Boy, wasn't I paying attention to most everything out there. I didn't know what an Omnibus was (was this a school bus or something???? HHAHAHAHA, former teacher in me).
    Anyway, I started investigating and reading, reading, reading, and I discovered what the Omni's and Deluxe HC's were.
    Then I bought my first of each in last Spring.
    WOW!!! Batman the Golden Age Omni 1. I fell in love with it. And my husband teases me that it's half the size of me in height!!!!! Oooof!!!
    Not really. I'm 5'2"
    He laughs at me reading it propped up on pillows.
    Anyway, I discovered them, love the size and the paper, etc, and started making my buy list for the year. Then I see several that I want that are stupidly priced so high, I can't believe it! So that kind of takes the fun out of it.
    From here on, I'm going to have to pay attention to when stuff comes out thru this forum and searching on Amazon.
    Last edited by Hawkgirl_70; 08-24-2016 at 11:22 AM.

Thank you for the detailed answer! So I'm wondering if I should wait to buy the GL Silver Age Omni 2. The problem is, it keeps going up in price.
    However, if they are reprinting these (hopefully), I can wait. I could sell my GL SA Omni 1 on EBAY and wait for this new one to come out.
    it's a bit of a risk but if the binding is as bad as people say (I don't have the SA GL omni but have some mousetrap DC books so I can imagine) I say you are even better off with the new tpb SA GL volume that's coming out this autumn (in case if this omnibus is actually vol3 and not a new printing of v1).

Quote Originally Posted by Master Destructo View Post
    I hope they'll also go this route with the Starman and Fourth World "Omnibus" volumes. Those deserve the oversized treatment for sure.
    If only. DC has major issues with Starman. How many times have they teased, and then canceled the next volume of the Omni's.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    it's a bit of a risk but if the binding is as bad as people say (I don't have the SA GL omni but have some mousetrap DC books so I can imagine) I say you are even better off with the new tpb SA GL volume that's coming out this autumn (in case if this omnibus is actually vol3 and not a new printing of v1).
    Aww man! So this could be a misprint on the Amazon link?
    I want a volume 3 but I was hoping this was going to be a new printing.

Aww man! So this could be a misprint on the Amazon link?
    I want a volume 3 but I was hoping this was going to be a new printing.
    they originally listed it as SA GL v1 but the description said it's vol 3 but now the description says it's vol 3 but collects SHOWCASE #22-24, GREEN LANTERN #1-35 which is if I'm not mistaken the contents of a vol 1 omnibus.
    So I would say 95% chance that it's a new ed. volume one.

Yeah the binding on vol 2 is just brutal.

they originally listed it as SA GL v1 but the description said it's vol 3 but now the description says it's vol 3 but collects SHOWCASE #22-24, GREEN LANTERN #1-35 which is if I'm not mistaken the contents of a vol 1 omnibus.
    So I would say 95% chance that it's a new ed. volume one.
    I just went and read the description. That whole page is a contradiction!!!
    How I think it's just a continuation or a volume 3.
    The key words to me are:
    Green Lantern's adventures continue in this volume of stories from the late 1960s...

However, it's listed at 1000 pages.
    How many pages is the first GL Omni that's already out?