View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 691 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 1915916416816876886896906916926936946957017417911191 ... LastLast
Results 10,351 to 10,365 of 21672

Quote Originally Posted by The Flicker Fade View Post
    RE: The Black Beetle's identity. I just found this article:

Who is Rip Hunter's mother? Here's why the creator of Booster Gold isn't telling.
    Ha ha, this Black Beetle thing was really getting to you.

Quote Originally Posted by vark View Post
    The so-called collector's edition of Batman Dark Knight III has became a great deception. I don't mind too much the accumulated delays since the series was advertised as a monthly series, but since issue #4, the main story features only 23 pages instead of the initial 28 pages. I don't own the regular physical edition, but in the digital edition there are 5 pages of extra (pencils + variant cover) to compensate these 5 pages loss, in addition to the 5 variant covers gallery (see here for a comparison between the collector's and digital edition http://myabsolutecollection.blogspot...ster-race.html) .

In the collector's edition of issue #5 (as well as issue #4) there is nothing like that, no extras, no covers gallery, nada.
    I was getting these HCs but just dropped them. I like the series but the publication - like with ALL things Miller - is a joke. No one can get their shit together and get these stories out on time. I suspect it will get an Absolute edition, since ALL Miller books do, and I'll read it then.

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Been reading Scalped the past two weeks or so, and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. I know it gets universal praise, but everything I've read from Aaron prior to this was pretty average I thought. I'm gonna have to take another look at some of this other work now
    I've read a lot of Aaron's stuff over the years and generally come away unsatisfied. He doesn't completely suck, but he doesn't blow me away, either.
    That said, Scalped so far is bad ass!
    (Also, that first Thor OHC is pretty good. Volume 2 isn't bad but not as good. I also just recently picked up the latest (Ms) Thor OHC, and I'll get to that once I finished volume 5 of Scalped.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I've read a lot of Aaron's stuff over the years and generally come away unsatisfied. He doesn't completely suck, but he doesn't blow me away, either.
    That said, Scalped so far is bad ass!
    (Also, that first Thor OHC is pretty good. Volume 2 isn't bad but not as good. I also just recently picked up the latest (Ms) Thor OHC, and I'll get to that once I finished volume 5 of Scalped.
    This is how I feel with a lot of the newer guys lately. Snyder, Aaron, Hickman. They all have big great ideas but the stories feel kind of hollow, and the endings kinda fall flat sometimes. They're not bad, but not great. Lemire has done the opposite actually, I thought he was pretty average, but lately everything I read by him has been great.

But back to Scalped. I've read a little of his newer stuff like Southern Bastards, and it's okay. I think he peaked way early honestly. It's gonna be hard for him to top Scalped. I think you'll like the ending Tom. We'll talk about it when you finish it!

This is how I feel with a lot of the newer guys lately. Snyder, Aaron, Hickman. They all have big great ideas but the stories feel kind of hollow, and the endings kinda fall flat sometimes. They're not bad, but not great. Lemire has done the opposite actually, I thought he was pretty average, but lately everything I read by him has been great.

But back to Scalped. I've read a little of his newer stuff like Southern Bastards, and it's okay. I think he peaked way early honestly. It's gonna be hard for him to top Scalped. I think you'll like the ending Tom. We'll talk about it when you finish it!
    Cool, can't wait to finish it. I read the first two tpbs of southern bastard because I got them both for $4 combined. They were OK.
    I agree about Hickman and Snyder and even Fraction although I don't see him around too much. And yeah, Snyder never seems to be able to deliver on his endings.

I really like Lemires Animal Man and Green Arrow. I read the first OHC of Sweet Tooth and found the characters actions very cliche and predictable.

I'm reading his Old Man Logan right now and it's not bad but it doesn't seem like a lot is happening. I know I'll check out hawkeye when it gets to OHC.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Cool, can't wait to finish it. I read the first two tpbs of southern bastard because I got them both for $4 combined. They were OK.
    I agree about Hickman and Snyder and even Fraction although I don't see him around too much. And yeah, Snyder never seems to be able to deliver on his endings.

I really like Lemires Animal Man and Green Arrow. I read the first OHC of Sweet Tooth and found the characters actions very cliche and predictable.

I'm reading his Old Man Logan right now and it's not bad but it doesn't seem like a lot is happening. I know I'll check out hawkeye when it gets to OHC.
    I actually think Fraction has turned completely around. Fear Itself era he was all over the place, but his recent stuff had been on point to me. Casanova and Hawkeye were great, and Sex Crims and Ody-C is super ambitious.

I haven't gotten to Lemire's Sweet Tooth yet, but his GA was definitely a step in the right direction for the character, Underwater Welder was moody and existential, and the few issues I've read of Animal man in the Swamp Thing hardcover got me interested enough to look into buying the trades

Incredible Member

I get what you're saying about the newer guys, but every once in a while they pump out some brilliance. Like I personally love The Wake (just re-read it last week), East of West, etc. And I think I'm one of the only people who prefers Southern Bastards over Scalped. I really enjoy Scalped - on book four right now - but I haven't re-read any of it yet. I've re-read the SB HC five or six times since it got released last October. I think I read it back to back twice in a row the first weekend I got it.

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
    I get what you're saying about the newer guys, but every once in a while they pump out some brilliance. Like I personally love The Wake (just re-read it last week), East of West, etc. And I think I'm one of the only people who prefers Southern Bastards over Scalped. I really enjoy Scalped - on book four right now - but I haven't re-read any of it yet. I've re-read the SB HC five or six times since it got released last October. I think I read it back to back twice in a row the first weekend I got it.
    I really love Scalped, but I agree, Southern Bastards has been phenomenal. I think every issue has been quite powerful and thought provoking. It will be interesting to compare and see if my opinion changes one day when they finish it. They really need to work on speeding up the release schedule though. Only getting 3-4 issues a year now has become frustrating.

Does anyone think there will ever be an Omnibus of John Byrne's run of Superman: The Man of Steel from the late 80's?
    There's going to be 9 TPB's now.

And for some blankity, blank blank reason TPB Volume 4 has been an arm and a leg in price for over a year now on Amazon and EBAY!!!!! GRRRRR!!!!

Sorry.

Anyway, I have the first 3 TPB's. I'm trying to decide whether to go ahead and buy 5 thru 9 and just hope I can eventually buy a volume 4 for a reasonable price someday?
    OR, not buy anymore of them and hope for an Omni?

Anyone heard anything?
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
    Oh, for sure. Don't get me wrong, I still *like* the lot of them and buy their books, but I sometimes find them overpraised.

In fact, I could go for a deluxe Wake. I never did finish it. And SGM is great.

Fantastic Member The Flicker Fade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl70 View Post
    Does anyone think there will ever be an Omnibus of John Byrne's run of Superman: The Man of Steel from the late 80's?
    There's going to be 9 TPB's now.

And for some blankity, blank blank reason TPB Volume 4 has been an arm and a leg in price for over a year now on Amazon and EBAY!!!!! GRRRRR!!!!

Sorry.

Anyway, I have the first 3 TPB's. I'm trying to decide whether to go ahead and buy 5 thru 9 and just hope I can eventually buy a volume 4 for a reasonable price someday?
    OR, not buy anymore of them and hope for an Omni?

Anyone heard anything?
    It deserves it. But I wouldn't hold my breath. I doubt it's high on DC's list of things to omnibus.

Check your local comic shops for #4. Found one at mine just a month ago.

Quote Originally Posted by The Flicker Fade View Post
    It deserves it. But I wouldn't hold my breath. I doubt it's high on DC's list of things to omnibus.

Check your local comic shops for #4. Found one at mine just a month ago.
    Thank you for the suggestion. I think the closest one to me is over 90 minutes away. I live out in the country in Missouri. I would have to go to the city to find places.
    Still, it might make for a fun outing sometime soon!
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1

I was just thinking how Rucka's Checkmate would make a great omnibus collection, and what happens? The new Solicits list a tpb collecting the first 12 issues. Sigh...oh well

Kind of disappointed by the solicits. A lot of Rebirth trades coming in, but not a lot of older runs and stories. No news on that Swamp Thing omni, which I'm dying to see. Checkmate is interesting, DC is further pushing their old love for Rucka.

Does anyone know why the list price of the Brave and the Bold omnibus on Amazon has changed from the previously solicited $125 to $75?

Incredible Member

Bronze Age JLA omni. Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by batfan08 View Post
    Does anyone know why the list price of the Brave and the Bold omnibus on Amazon has changed from the previously solicited $125 to $75?
    I see it for $68.75

https://www.amazon.com/Batman-Brave-...e+bold+omnibus