View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 694 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 1945946446846906916926936946956966976987047447941194 ... LastLast
Results 10,396 to 10,410 of 21672
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Flicker Fade View Post
    There's also a crossover with Legends (another DC event) that happened earlier, but it was more subtle. And a small crossover with the Who Is Donna Troy? arc from New Teen Titans (also by Perez). The latter is what the flying orb that will show up and never be explained is about (don't worry, it's pretty minor). Unfortunately comics will never be free of crossovers ever again since Crisis, but none of these are really intrusive.
    Yeah, for me the Legends one was easier to deal with because they at least had a character or two reference/recap it briefly in the series. Whereas with Millennium... It just felt like a big ol' printing error in which they left out a whole issue! Very frustrating, especially since there were real no hints that the impostor subplot I was referring to had anything to do with things outside the main story (though I sure did think it was weird that the Guardians popped up).

Thanks for the heads up on the orb!

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    I had just completed my Johns GL run when they announced the Omni's. I was pissed. I'll take a GLC by Tomasi Omni though. Its not too late!
    I did the same thing. I may sell them one day and get the omnibuses . . . I may not. I sort of like reading through TP's instead of the massive omnibuses . . . it can get to feeling like a chore. With some TP's, you hate to see them end and can't wait to start on the next. I guess it's a psychological thing. But with the Orion omnibus, it wasn't too big and it really needed to be collected in one volume. And also, that oversized art and paper quality in an omnibus is great. I'm still pondering if I will purchase the rest of the JSA TP's individually or just get the omnibuses.

So does DC EVER reprint any of their Omnibus's?

Since June, I've collected several Omni's now. They are piling up and I love it.

But so PO'ed that I waited so late in my life to start getting back into reading until now.
    This morning I went Amazon Window Shopping and IST.com as well, for my next potential order in a week or so.

I WANT THE NEW TEEN TITANS OMNI 1 and 2, 52 OMNI, the JSA Omni's, and the Great White Whale Infinite Crisis Omni!!!!
    Seriously??? $1200.00 on Amazon???????
    I will never be able to afford them.
    All of the others I listed are around $100 OR MORE!!!
    Why wouldn't DC want to make MORE money and reprint them?
    So irritating to me!
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

Quote Originally Posted by The Flicker Fade View Post
    There's also a crossover with Legends (another DC event) that happened earlier, but it was more subtle. And a small crossover with the Who Is Donna Troy? arc from New Teen Titans (also by Perez). The latter is what the flying orb that will show up and never be explained is about (don't worry, it's pretty minor). Unfortunately comics will never be free of crossovers ever again since Crisis, but none of these are really intrusive.

Is the new trade insufficient? I haven't read it yet, hoping the volume 2 of the Perez omnibus is real.
    It contains the War of the Gods and the WW issues, but a lot happens between then that's uncollected. You can kind of guess what happens, but its still tough to read.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl70 View Post

Since June, I've collected several Omni's now. They are piling up and I love it.

But so PO'ed that I waited so late in my life to start getting back into reading until now.
    This morning I went Amazon Window Shopping and IST.com as well, for my next potential order in a week or so.

I WANT THE NEW TEEN TITANS OMNI 1 and 2, 52 OMNI, the JSA Omni's, and the Great White Whale Infinite Crisis Omni!!!!
    So irritating to me!
    Are they OoP? I can take a look at my LCS shops for you and see if they're in stock. Fairly certain my LCS has at least one JSA omni. I can sell them to you at cover price if you wish.

Quote Originally Posted by DCJdog View Post
    I did the same thing. I may sell them one day and get the omnibuses . . . I may not. I sort of like reading through TP's instead of the massive omnibuses . . . it can get to feeling like a chore. With some TP's, you hate to see them end and can't wait to start on the next. I guess it's a psychological thing. But with the Orion omnibus, it wasn't too big and it really needed to be collected in one volume. And also, that oversized art and paper quality in an omnibus is great. I'm still pondering if I will purchase the rest of the JSA TP's individually or just get the omnibuses.
    I agree. I got the Brightest Day trades and I'd rather have the three volumes than the Omnibus. I also enjoy the idea of when I let someone borrow the books, they can get a taste of them first and go at their pace, rather than having my omnibus for a long time.

So irritating to me!
    IST has all the JSA omnibuses in stock

So irritating to me!
    This was what I started doing when I got my first omnibus. I searched up and down like crazy.

The best thing to do is just chill out. There is a lot of classic stuff being reprinted and still in print. Just read what is cheap while it is cheap and watch for the new releases. If there is a market then a product will eventually be released. DC is out to make money . . . not pack the wallets of sellers on the secondary market.

Just chill and watch . . . you'll get a better deal and most likely, a better book (better binding, more features, etc.)

On the topic of having a hard time finding books, if anyone has some copies of or sees some copies for sale of Justice League International Volume 2 and 5 (Giffen), let me know. I am not going to pay an outrageous price for those . . . but I do want to read them!

On the topic of having a hard time finding books, if anyone has some copies of or sees some copies for sale of Justice League International Volume 2 and 5 (Giffen), let me know. I am not going to pay an outrageous price for those . . . but I do want to read them!
    My LCS might have them. They have quite a few JLI trades last I checked. I'll take a picture and post it next time.

My LCS might have them. They have quite a few JLI trades last I checked. I'll take a picture and post it next time.
    Thanks man. My LCS is small and does not have many TPB's. I am not going to pay the online price for those.

Thanks man. My LCS is small and does not have many TPB's. I am not going to pay the online price for those.
    I feel you. I was digging for Paul Dinis Zatanna series for a while, finally found both at a hidden LCS of mine. And now they're releasing Dinis Full run of the series ;-;

I feel you. I was digging for Paul Dinis Zatanna series for a while, finally found both at a hidden LCS of mine. And now they're releasing Dinis Full run of the series ;-;
    What is the name of that series? I like both Zatanna and Paul Dini. I plan on purchasing the 80's Zatana limited series sometimes. I never paid too much attention to her until I read Morrison's "Seven Soldiers of Victory."

All-New Member

What is the name of that series? I like both Zatanna and Paul Dini. I plan on purchasing the 80's Zatana limited series sometimes. I never paid too much attention to her until I read Morrison's "Seven Soldiers of Victory."
    TPB #1 is called "The Mistress Of Magic", and #2 is "Shades Of The Past". They're both from 2011 I believe. He also wrote a graphic novel called "Zatanna: Everyday Magic" which was released in 2003.

This was what I started doing when I got my first omnibus. I searched up and down like crazy.

The best thing to do is just chill out. There is a lot of classic stuff being reprinted and still in print. Just read what is cheap while it is cheap and watch for the new releases. If there is a market then a product will eventually be released. DC is out to make money . . . not pack the wallets of sellers on the secondary market.

Just chill and watch . . . you'll get a better deal and most likely, a better book (better binding, more features, etc.)
    Thank you for the kind advice. I'll calm down now.
    Just disappointed i can't buy those because i don't make that kind of money and don't see any news of any of them ever being reprinted.
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

Thank you for the kind advice. I'll calm down now.
    Just disappointed i can't buy those because i don't make that kind of money and don't see any news of any of them ever being reprinted.
    You should be able to find the Hawkman omnibus (the Geoff Johns one, I assume) for a decent price. It will probably be higher than initial retail but not too bad. The omnibus thing is still sort of new and DC has just now got their omnibus printing quality worked out (we hope).

I asked the question on these forums about reprinting omnibuses and couldn't get a straight answer from anybody. I don't think anyone has any idea what will be printed or reprinted. Like I said, just watch what comes out and get what you can . . . but don't get suckered into paying outrageous prices.