View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 695 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 1955956456856916926936946956966976986997057457951195 ... LastLast
Results 10,411 to 10,425 of 21672

Quote Originally Posted by Goremageddon View Post
    TPB #1 is called "The Mistress Of Magic", and #2 is "Shades Of The Past". They're both from 2011 I believe. He also wrote a graphic novel called "Zatanna: Everyday Magic" which was released in 2003.
    Damn, there's an OGN too!? Uuuugh. The hunt continues...

Fantastic Member The Flicker Fade's Avatar

DC reprints their omnibuses all the time, on the sly, when they're about to go out of print or have just recently gone out of print. Eventually they stop, though, and let it fall out of print entirely. Only once have they brought a book that was out of print for about a year back into print as far as I'm aware, and that was the Death and Return of Superman omnibus to coincide with their shitty movie from earlier this year for obvious reasons if you've had the displeasure to see it.

I can't explain Infinite Crisis. It's so expensive because it's such an important book to the DC universe, it's a great read, and it organized everything relating to a confusing massive event in a proper and almost completely comprehensive reading order. But they aren't going to reprint it, and instead are releasing an Absolute Infinite Crisis that collects only the 8 issue series on its own and will be a barely understandable read like that. And I assure you there's no chance of an omnibus reprint until the Absolute is out of print, which isn't going to happen anytime soon since people won't be rushing to buy it. It's one of the dumbest business decisions I've seen their collected editions department make, and with DC that's saying a LOT.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    It contains the War of the Gods and the WW issues, but a lot happens between then that's uncollected. You can kind of guess what happens, but its still tough to read.
    Bummer. It's a pretty thick trade, too! Guess it needed to be multivolume and DC balked not knowing how well WW stuff will sell since they've released so little of it until recently.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Finished it last night. Loved it.
    This was a brilliant run and what Vertigo was all about when Karen Berger ran the show.
    Definite keepers.
    Yeah, they really nailed it from start to finish. My only complaint was the way he messed with time, jumping back and for between the present and the very recent past. I don't mean the flashbacks. The first volume was the biggest offender in that though, he seemed to polish it up as it went on.

Also, I liked his closing letter, namely his influences of Ennis and Springsteen.

Quote Originally Posted by The Flicker Fade View Post
    DC reprints their omnibuses all the time, on the sly, when they're about to go out of print or have just recently gone out of print. Eventually they stop, though, and let it fall out of print entirely. Only once have they brought a book that was out of print for about a year back into print as far as I'm aware, and that was the Death and Return of Superman omnibus to coincide with their shitty movie from earlier this year for obvious reasons if you've had the displeasure to see it.

I can't explain Infinite Crisis. It's so expensive because it's such an important book to the DC universe, it's a great read, and it organized everything relating to a confusing massive event in a proper and almost completely comprehensive reading order. But they aren't going to reprint it, and instead are releasing an Absolute Infinite Crisis that collects only the 8 issue series on its own and will be a barely understandable read like that. And I assure you there's no chance of an omnibus reprint until the Absolute is out of print, which isn't going to happen anytime soon since people won't be rushing to buy it. It's one of the dumbest business decisions I've seen their collected editions department make, and with DC that's saying a LOT.

Bummer. It's a pretty thick trade, too! Guess it needed to be multivolume and DC balked not knowing how well WW stuff will sell since they've released so little of it until recently.
    They could always release "The Companion" I suppose. I'm sure right before the film DC will push Wonder woman even further. I'm excited to see what goodies we get.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl70 View Post
    So does DC EVER reprint any of their Omnibus's?

Since June, I've collected several Omni's now. They are piling up and I love it.

But so PO'ed that I waited so late in my life to start getting back into reading until now.
    This morning I went Amazon Window Shopping and IST.com as well, for my next potential order in a week or so.

I WANT THE NEW TEEN TITANS OMNI 1 and 2, 52 OMNI, the JSA Omni's, and the Great White Whale Infinite Crisis Omni!!!!
    Seriously??? $1200.00 on Amazon???????
    I will never be able to afford them.
    All of the others I listed are around $100 OR MORE!!!
    Why wouldn't DC want to make MORE money and reprint them?
    So irritating to me!
    it's not that common but it does happen. The 52 and Invisibles Omnibuses were reprinted recently (and are still available on Amazon):

http://www.comiclist.com/index.php/l...for-04-20-2016

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

DC's HC's are much better than Marvel's. DC's are better quality and they come with dusk jackets. And as a bonus, they look much better on your shelves.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sandbagger77 View Post
    it's not that common but it does happen. The 52 and Invisibles Omnibuses were reprinted recently (and are still available on Amazon):

http://www.comiclist.com/index.php/l...for-04-20-2016
    Yeah, how about reprinting some of the most expensive omnis right now?
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    DC's HC's are much better than Marvel's. DC's are better quality and they come with dusk jackets. And as a bonus, they look much better on your shelves.
    ???...maybe if your only criteria for better is the current paper stock they're using.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    Yeah, how about reprinting some of the most expensive omnis right now?
    God I would do really terrible things or a Teen Titans Omni vol 1 to complete my set.

Update for some, my LCS depleted from.JLI. they only have I can't believe its not the Justice League and the follow up. Sorry, they had a lot more before. As for Omni's they did have the JSA v.1 omni, and a ton of trades.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Update for some, my LCS depleted from.JLI. they only have I can't believe its not the Justice League and the follow up. Sorry, they had a lot more before. As for Omni's they did have the JSA v.1 omni, and a ton of trades.
    How much was their JSA Omni #1?
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

How much was their JSA Omni #1?
    IST has all 3 JSA omnibuses

http://www.instocktrades.com/search/jsa%20omnibus

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    And at 45% off too!

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    I jiust added all 3 Omni's to my Wishlist.

Does anyone here Own one or all of these?
    How do they hold up reading them?
    Almost 1200 pages! Wow!
    I guess that's why they are $70 to $84 each???
    I don't own any Omnibus's this huge in page length.
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

I jiust added all 3 Omni's to my Wishlist.

Does anyone here Own one or all of these?
    How do they hold up reading them?
    Almost 1200 pages! Wow!
    I guess that's why they are $70 to $84 each???
    I don't own any Omnibus's this huge in page length.
    I don't own them, but they are massive in size. I'm guessing pretty heavy as well. I had a buddy who got these, he said the binding was pretty okay