View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 696 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 1965966466866926936946956966976986997007067467961196 ... LastLast
Results 10,426 to 10,440 of 21672

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl70 View Post
    I jiust added all 3 Omni's to my Wishlist.

Does anyone here Own one or all of these?
    How do they hold up reading them?
    Almost 1200 pages! Wow!
    I guess that's why they are $70 to $84 each???
    I don't own any Omnibus's this huge in page length.

I own all of them. Bindings are fine. They are big, tho

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Yeah, they really nailed it from start to finish. My only complaint was the way he messed with time, jumping back and for between the present and the very recent past. I don't mean the flashbacks. The first volume was the biggest offender in that though, he seemed to polish it up as it went on.

Also, I liked his closing letter, namely his influences of Ennis and Springsteen.
    Yes! Everything you just said.
    Volume 1 got a little annoying for sure with the flashbacks.
    Again, I loved this series, but I read it in five OHCs.
    Thinking about the stories in Vol. 4 - focusing on the side characters and subplots - might have been tough as a monthly reader.
    It was certainly a better flow, more appreciated, in one sit-in.
    The closing letter WAS great. Also (I think Vol. 4) had a really cool Ennis intro.
    This was certainly old school Vertigo - dirty, grimy storytelling at its best

I jiust added all 3 Omni's to my Wishlist.

Does anyone here Own one or all of these?
    How do they hold up reading them?
    Almost 1200 pages! Wow!
    I guess that's why they are $70 to $84 each???
    I don't own any Omnibus's this huge in page length.
    I own all of them. I bought them on release week for half off.

I usually read them on a table/desk, or on my lap

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    I own all of them. I bought them on release week for half off.

I usually read them on a table/desk, or on my lap
    Do you know if this series was ever released in chunky TPB's?
    These things might actually be TOO big for little me.
    I'm used to reading Omni's on a pillow on my lap sitting up.
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

Mighty Member

Do you know if this series was ever released in chunky TPB's?
    These things might actually be TOO big for little me.
    I'm used to reading Omni's on a pillow on my lap sitting up.
    Oh, C'mon!! But they look great on the shelf!

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Oh, C'mon!! But they look great on the shelf!
    A-haha!!! I absolutely know they would! But man! The page count! That's a massive amount of reading and their description makes them sound huge! Could my husband find me behind a giant pillow and book?
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Update for some, my LCS depleted from.JLI. they only have I can't believe its not the Justice League and the follow up. Sorry, they had a lot more before. As for Omni's they did have the JSA v.1 omni, and a ton of trades.
    I didn't think they would have any of the JLI books. They are pretty hard to come across. Thanks for looking though.

Quote Originally Posted by DCJdog View Post
    I didn't think they would have any of the JLI books. They are pretty hard to come across. Thanks for looking though.
    Sorry friend. I'll keep my eye open. That's just one of many comic shops around me.

I did get the first 2 volumes of Veitch's Swamp Thing. Still wrapped! And then I peeled it off. Just in time, I just finished rereading Moore's run. A little annoyed the covered aren't features within the trade, hut at the very end in a gallery. It looks messy telling which issue ends where. Also, was V.9 the last to be collected? I don't think Wheeler or Nancy's run was ever collected was it?

Sorry friend. I'll keep my eye open. That's just one of many comic shops around me.

I did get the first 2 volumes of Veitch's Swamp Thing. Still wrapped! And then I peeled it off. Just in time, I just finished rereading Moore's run. A little annoyed the covered aren't features within the trade, hut at the very end in a gallery. It looks messy telling which issue ends where. Also, was V.9 the last to be collected? I don't think Wheeler or Nancy's run was ever collected was it?
    I have just started reading Moore's Swamp Thing. I was reading comics when his run was originally published and am now just reading it. I thought it wouldn't be down my alley but I have enjoyed it.

I am curious about Veitch's run. Tell me how it is. I don't know if I would pay the high online price for the first volume but I might put his run on my want list if it's any good. I am always looking for things to read from the COIE to Flashpoint period.

I have just started reading Moore's Swamp Thing. I was reading comics when his run was originally published and am now just reading it. I thought it wouldn't be down my alley but I have enjoyed it.

I am curious about Veitch's run. Tell me how it is. I don't know if I would pay the high online price for the first volume but I might put his run on my want list if it's any good. I am always looking for things to read from the COIE to Flashpoint period.
    What's wrong with post Flashpoint? And now I feel bad, given I paid less that $17 for a brand new wrapped Swamp Thing by Veitch. Hehe

Fantastic Member The Flicker Fade's Avatar

Vol 9 is the last, but it didn't quite get to the end of Veitch's run. Nothing after vol 9 is collected until the Morrison/Millar issues.

Quote Originally Posted by The Flicker Fade View Post
    Vol 9 is the last, but it didn't quite get to the end of Veitch's run. Nothing after vol 9 is collected until the Morrison/Millar issues.
    Its going to be fun tracking down those issues then... Maybe DC will release it someday. I'm doubtful, but maybe.

There's nothing wrong with it for those who like it. It's just not my cup of tea. I grew up reading a little bit of pre-COIE and mostly post-COIE and later got back into comics around the Infinite Crisis/52 era. I recently got back into them again and picked up a bunch of the New 52 TP's along with an Infinite Crisis TP and a Final Crisis TP. The New 52 TP's felt totally alien to me. I did not recognize the characters and I really didn't care for the story lines. Honestly, a lot of my enjoyment of comics has to do with nostalgia. And so, I only read from that time period . . . with a sprinkle from pre-COIE.

There's nothing wrong with it for those who like it. It's just not my cup of tea. I grew up reading a little bit of pre-COIE and mostly post-COIE and later got back into comics around the Infinite Crisis/52 era. I recently got back into them again and picked up a bunch of the New 52 TP's along with an Infinite Crisis TP and a Final Crisis TP. The New 52 TP's felt totally alien to me. I did not recognize the characters and I really didn't care for the story lines. Honestly, a lot of my enjoyment of comics has to do with nostalgia. And so, I only read from that time period . . . with a sprinkle from pre-COIE.
    Fair enough. I do enjoy the legacy aspect of the older stories.

Only the Morrison/Millar stuff has been collected from that volume. But, I think everything from all subsequent volumes has been collected at least in tpb.
    I'm still holding out hope DC collects Soule's run in an OHC like the Snyder one.