View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 7 of 1444 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117571075071007 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by titansupes View Post
    This whole CBR reboot thing has me all freaked out. I'm not good at change. :P And it took me ages to figure out that the two threads I frequent most (this and the Marvel counterpart) had their own freaking forum.

Time to get settled.

(Can somebody tell me why the forum change happened? General clean-up?)
    There's a whole thing in the community forum about it, some posters behaved like terrible human beings and CBR caught flak for it and I presume wiped the forums in lieu of singling out individuals . All I knew was that the threads no longer existed, took me a while to work out what had happened.

The old forums are still there If you want to access old posts but they will be gone in a few days.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by NZ_InFerno View Post
    There's a whole thing in the community forum about it, some posters behaved like terrible human beings and CBR caught flak for it and I presume wiped the forums in lieu of singling out individuals . All I knew was that the threads no longer existed, took me a while to work out what had happened.

The old forums are still there If you want to access old posts but they will be gone in a few days.
    Ah, thanks for that, I found the right threads and the article. Wow. Pretty intense. Shame we had to lose so much good stuff in the melee, but you're doing a great job of consolidating it into this new thread.

Amazing Member

I am new to the DC omnibus world and looking for advice. I want to get the JSA Omnibus Vol 1 and see that amazon has it for pre order for 59.30 (53% off) Is that a good deal? Or am I likely to find a better deal after it has been released? Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by kdjac0434 View Post
    I am new to the DC omnibus world and looking for advice. I want to get the JSA Omnibus Vol 1 and see that amazon has it for pre order for 59.30 (53% off) Is that a good deal? Or am I likely to find a better deal after it has been released? Thanks in advance!
    That is a good deal but you are taking a chance with Amazon shipping. More times than not I have received damaged books from Amazon. Instocktrades.com will most likely have it for 50% on release week, and it will qualify for free shipping. However, that is not guaranteed. It could get the standard discount of 42% or 45% depending on the month. Personally I don't order big books from Amazon.

Great work reviving what for me is the best part of CBR.

On topic, just got a copy of Invisibles HC 1, can't wait to read it. This is what 3 day weekends were made for (maybe...probably not).

Incredible Member

I know I already posted some photos of Superman / Batman: Cross Worlds, but I finished reading it and I had to post more about it.

The best way for me to describe this book is that it's gorgeous, subtle and poetic. Words I never thought I'd use to describe a Superman / Batman team up book.

Superman has been terribly represented in the New 52, so it was awesome to see Pak really take Superman and make him great, even in these humble beginnings. For the first time in the New 52, Superman is well written.

I loved this book. The first arc is a lean 4 issues, but I have already read this book a few times. First time for the story, the other times to drool over Jae Lee's gorgeous art. Without a doubt my favorite DC book right now. It came at a good time too, just as I was having New 52 fatigue. However, I've been told the next arc isn't as good with Booth's generic art, which sucks, but it seems Lee is back on for later issues.

My favorite line in the book is when Batman comes to the rescue of a man and his naive daughter and says in reference to the girl' lack of fear: so naive it actually makes me angry. That's the problem with children today... not enough nightmares.

More art:

Incredible Member

So is this thread only for HC or all collected?
    I don't see a general all format thread so I'm posting here but feel free to ignore if it's OT.

Has there been any news about the Catwoman Brubaker trade reprint? I'm waiting for reviews to see if I should double dip but I haven't heard anything since solicitation several months back.
    "This cannot be...Is... Is it an omen?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Drakul View Post
    So is this thread only for HC or all collected?
    I don't see a general all format thread so I'm posting here but feel free to ignore if it's OT.

Has there been any news about the Catwoman Brubaker trade reprint? I'm waiting for reviews to see if I should double dip but I haven't heard anything since solicitation several months back.
    They recently put out volume 3 in trade paperback.

Quote Originally Posted by kdjac0434 View Post
    I think it's unlikely you will get a better deal than this.

Amazing Member

Thanks. I made the pre order. I guess I'll take my chances on the packaging. From reading through the forum I think I have a slightly higher tolerance for dings and what not.

Spectacular Member

To whomever has picked up the one million omni, was it a decent story? Heard that the art is all over the place and some generally mixed reviews (on a grant morrison book? No way!). How easy is it to follow and hows the build?

On a side note that supes batman art looks fantastic, wanna get that and maybe inhumans if jae lee art all looks that good

Quote Originally Posted by RIPLynott View Post
    To whomever has picked up the one million omni, was it a decent story? Heard that the art is all over the place and some generally mixed reviews (on a grant morrison book? No way!). How easy is it to follow and hows the build?

On a side note that supes batman art looks fantastic, wanna get that and maybe inhumans if jae lee art all looks that good
    Isn't just part of the book is from Morrison and the other stuff are tie ins?

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
    I know I already posted some photos of Superman / Batman: Cross Worlds, but I finished reading it and I had to post more about it.

The best way for me to describe this book is that it's gorgeous, subtle and poetic. Words I never thought I'd use to describe a Superman / Batman team up book.

Superman has been terribly represented in the New 52, so it was awesome to see Pak really take Superman and make him great, even in these humble beginnings. For the first time in the New 52, Superman is well written.

I loved this book. The first arc is a lean 4 issues, but I have already read this book a few times. First time for the story, the other times to drool over Jae Lee's gorgeous art. Without a doubt my favorite DC book right now. It came at a good time too, just as I was having New 52 fatigue. However, I've been told the next arc isn't as good with Booth's generic art, which sucks, but it seems Lee is back on for later issues.

My favorite line in the book is when Batman comes to the rescue of a man and his naive daughter and says in reference to the girl' lack of fear: so naive it actually makes me angry. That's the problem with children today... not enough nightmares.

More art:

Dang it. I was really trying to moderate my spending and trying to tighten up my comic book budget... but because of these pictures, I guess I'm buying yet another book!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUserName12 View Post
    Dang it. I was really trying to moderate my spending and trying to tighten up my comic book budget... but because of these pictures, I guess I'm buying yet another book!
    Do it! The art alone is worth buying for.