View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 701 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 2016016516916976986997007017027037047057117518011201 ... LastLast
Results 10,501 to 10,515 of 21671

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Its a lot to catch up on. I wonder if they'll reprint the Books of Magik as well
    The latest hardcover is quite nice.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    The latest hardcover is quite nice.
    At least they are reprinting some Vertigo goodies. Gives me hope for another Vertigo title about a Swamp...

[QUOTE=Hawkgirl70;2319853]
    Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I'm pretty sure it would be the largest ever by Marvel or DC. Nothing else comes to mind. Invisibles and Thor were pretty big but not 70]

1500 pages????? Are you kidding me????
    With a book that big they'll have to ship it out by freight truck and we'll have to dolly it into the house. WOW!
    Invisibles and Doom Patrol omnibuses are 1500 pages. They are...big.

[QUOTE=Balakin;2321257]
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl70 View Post

Invisibles and Doom Patrol omnibuses are 1500 pages. They are...big.
    Not DC, but the Big Damn Sin City and Colossal Conan are pretty freaking big too

[QUOTE=ER Prest;2321282]
    Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post

Not DC, but the Big Damn Sin City and Colossal Conan are pretty freaking big too
    They are - huge! They're also bigger in general. A 70issue Knightfall however would be bigger than Thor or Invisibles.

I'm trying to plan my Rebirth trades, anyone actually reading them as new floppies? I haven't heard a lot about most of them. Titles like GLs, WW,SS, Supergirl, Titans and Aquaman are a definitive shoe in.

Amazing Member

I'm trying to plan my Rebirth trades, anyone actually reading them as new floppies? I haven't heard a lot about most of them. Titles like GLs, WW,SS, Supergirl, Titans and Aquaman are a definitive shoe in.
    Deathstroke, Green Arrow, Superman, New Super-Man and Batman are all good.

Quote Originally Posted by copywrite View Post
    Deathstroke, Green Arrow, Superman, New Super-Man and Batman are all good.
    Oh right, I forgot about Superwoman. That's surprising about Deathstroke, the previous series wasn't that great. I'll check that out. Green Arrow too.

Here's only what I've read and my opinion.

Batman, mediocre at best so far. I'm still wondering if Tom King is actually writing this book considering how much I love everything else I've read of his. I still have faith it will get better though. Hopefully that starts after this terrible Monster Men crossover their doing right now.

Detective Comics, I've really enjoyed this so far, my second favorite currently.

Action Comics, ok so far, but it is massively decompressed and the art has been very inconsistent. It keeps raising a ton of questions and mysteries, but never answers any of them.

Superman, I'm loving this, easily my favorite rebirth book and Patrick Gleason has become one of my all-time favorite Superman artists. This has been a very pleasant surprise for me.

Green Arrow, started pretty good and faded quickly. I'm not a fan of Percy's writing and the art has been a mixed bag. Wasn't good enough for me to buy and read twice a month.

Wonder Woman, two stories, and artists, alternating between odd and even number issues. I'm still undecided on the current timeline story, not bad, not great. The Year One story with Nicola Scott on art has been pretty good so far.

Justice League, terrible. I dropped it after the second issue. Bryan Hitch should stick to drawing, not writing.

I would have loved to try some more, but the twice monthly shipping is quite dissuasive for me.

[QUOTE=ER Prest;2321282]
    Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post

I continually talk myself out of buying the Big Damn Cinder Block. I want it, but I don't want it. I keep hoping they reprint the Library Sets.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian2Staples View Post
    Here's only what I've read and my opinion.

Batman, mediocre at best so far. I'm still wondering if Tom King is actually writing this book considering how much I love everything else I've read of his. I still have faith it will get better though. Hopefully that starts after this terrible Monster Men crossover their doing right now.

Detective Comics, I've really enjoyed this so far, my second favorite currently.

Action Comics, ok so far, but it is massively decompressed and the art has been very inconsistent. It keeps raising a ton of questions and mysteries, but never answers any of them.

Superman, I'm loving this, easily my favorite rebirth book and Patrick Gleason has become one of my all-time favorite Superman artists. This has been a very pleasant surprise for me.

Green Arrow, started pretty good and faded quickly. I'm not a fan of Percy's writing and the art has been a mixed bag. Wasn't good enough for me to buy and read twice a month.

Wonder Woman, two stories, and artists, alternating between odd and even number issues. I'm still undecided on the current timeline story, not bad, not great. The Year One story with Nicola Scott on art has been pretty good so far.

Justice League, terrible. I dropped it after the second issue. Bryan Hitch should stick to drawing, not writing.

I would have loved to try some more, but the twice monthly shipping is quite dissuasive for me.
    I forgot about 'Tec comics, thanks! Everything about Batman right now makes me jaded. King on the main title and Snyder on All Star, and nothing excites me the way it used to. Tec on the other hand has Batwoman... So its a must read for myself. GA gets shot back down to a Maybe for me, and JL is a definitely not.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian2Staples View Post
    I continually talk myself out of buying the Big Damn Cinder Block. I want it, but I don't want it. I keep hoping they reprint the Library Sets.
    Buy it before you can't buy it.

Sell it later if you don't want to keep it

[QUOTE=Brian2Staples;2322071]
    Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post

Don't buy it, I did and ended up selling as it was just too big to read, they will eventually reprint them, especially as Miller is supposed to be writing a new SC book, it is to much of a money spinner for DH not to do a fancy new LE

My top three have been Superman, Detective Comics, and Deathstroke. These are all must-read in my opinion. I've also been enjoying Batman, but from what I've gathered the reactions have been split on this book.

Fantastic Member The Flicker Fade's Avatar

Everyone seems to have praise for Green Arrow rebirth, but I read vol 8 of the N52 which was written by Percy and it was the worst sort of garbage. Just absolutely horrid, in the "I'll never buy anything this guy writes ever again" sort of way. I mean, man. It was bad. Did he suddenly turn into a good writer or something? How can that be? Doesn't seem possible to me.

Maybe people are just so happy at seeing Ollie have his real personality, his real look, and the Black Canary in the book again that they're overlooking the fact the writing is still ass?