View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 703 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 2036036536936997007017027037047057067077137538031203 ... LastLast
Results 10,531 to 10,545 of 21670
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Flicker Fade View Post
    My problem with Doom Patrol is the characters. They're flat and boring or at worst irritating. And Morrison doesn't do practically any character development. He won't make you like or empathize with or identify with any of them. Sure, some of the plots are wildly creative but that wasn't enough when you don't care about the characters in them. I think I got 400 pages deep then gave up. Haven't gone back since. I do plan to try it again someday, though.
    I don't know what the **** you read if you didn't notice the character development.

Quote Originally Posted by titansupes View Post
    I finally finished the Perez omnibus last night, my first time with the material. Long story short-- Reputation well deserved. Fantastic overarching story that touches on feminism and equality (obviously), ego, faith (and when faith goes too far), forgiveness etc. Gold standard WW for a reason.

And now I hold out for a Volume 2.
    You didn't feel the writing itself was tolling?

Question about the paper of Monthly Floppies...

I have collected all 8 Smallville Season 11 TPB's. The series ended but one mini-series at the end STILL hasn't been turned into a TPB. (Smallville Season 11: Continuity)

My plan is to have Dick Grayson Custom Bind this series into 2 Hardcovers ASAP.

If I buy the 4 floppy back issues of Smallville Continuity, will the paper feel any different than the released TPB's?
    The Smallville TPB paper is nice and not the cheap feeling stuff.
    I've never bought any floppies since I was a kid so I don't know how floppy paper feels. It was released in 2015.

I just want my custom bind paper to all feel the same.
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl70 View Post
    Question about the paper of Monthly Floppies...

I have collected all 8 Smallville Season 11 TPB's. The series ended but one mini-series at the end STILL hasn't been turned into a TPB. (Smallville Season 11: Continuity)

My plan is to have Dick Grayson Custom Bind this series into 2 Hardcovers ASAP.

If I buy the 4 floppy back issues of Smallville Continuity, will the paper feel any different than the released TPB's?
    The Smallville TPB paper is nice and not the cheap feeling stuff.
    I've never bought any floppies since I was a kid so I don't know how floppy paper feels. It was released in 2015.

I just want my custom bind paper to all feel the same.

You should be fine the paper is DCs monthlies is actually quite good, unlike the horrid tissue paper that Marvel were using last time I picked up any other their monthlies.

I should hunt down the old Amethyst run and bing that unto my own Omnibus. I wonder if I can get Renae De Liz to do a cover for me. She's the best.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    You didn't feel the writing itself was tolling?
    In the first arc, yeah. Especially the historical/backstory parts. After that, I think it evened out pretty well, and I liked it more and more as it went along.

Quote Originally Posted by titansupes View Post
    In the first arc, yeah. Especially the historical/backstory parts. After that, I think it evened out pretty well, and I liked it more and more as it went along.
    That's strange you say that, because I felt the exact opposite! The first arc was solid and everything that came after that felt heavy and long.

Default ALERT! Wonder Woman Golden Age Omnibus MISSING STUFF!

For those of you who plan to buy or were thinking of buying the Golden Age Wonder Woman Omnibus volume 1, which goes on sale soon, you should know that DC's often slipshod quality control has struck again.

The contents of the Omnibus are listed as All Star 8, Sensation 1-24, and Wonder Woman 1-7. In other words, the Wonder Woman material that is cover-dated 1942 to 1943.

However, the summer intern that is in charge of putting these Omnibuses together has forgotten that Wonder Woman also appeared in Comic Cavalcade and that in the 1942-1943 timespan, issues 1 to 5 were published and should be included in this Omnibus.

Obviously, it's too late to do anything about it now, but hopefully someone at DC will read this and include Comic Cavalcade stories in subsequent volumes as well as the missing issues 1-5.

I'll likely still get this, but if the Omnibus series is supposed to reprint a character's adventures chronologically, then this is a pretty big error on DC's part -- even worse than leaving out Mystery in Space 75 from the first JLA Silver Age Omnibus.

Will the omission of the Comic Cavalcade stories deter you from picking this up?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    For those of you who plan to buy or were thinking of buying the Golden Age Wonder Woman Omnibus volume 1, which goes on sale soon, you should know that DC's often slipshod quality control has struck again.

The contents of the Omnibus are listed as All Star 8, Sensation 1-24, and Wonder Woman 1-7. In other words, the Wonder Woman material that is cover-dated 1942 to 1943.

However, the summer intern that is in charge of putting these Omnibuses together has forgotten that Wonder Woman also appeared in Comic Cavalcade and that in the 1942-1943 timespan, issues 1 to 5 were published and should be included in this Omnibus.

Obviously, it's too late to do anything about it now, but hopefully someone at DC will read this and include Comic Cavalcade stories in subsequent volumes as well as the missing issues 1-5.

I'll likely still get this, but if the Omnibus series is supposed to reprint a character's adventures chronologically, then this is a pretty big error on DC's part -- even worse than leaving out Mystery in Space 75 from the first JLA Silver Age Omnibus.

Will the omission of the Comic Cavalcade stories deter you from picking this up?

Consideirng the book isn't out for another couple of weeks has this actually been confirmed anywhere? As in has anyone seen the actual book to say it definitly does not have the comic cavalcade appearances.

If its just based off the solicitations then DCs solicitations are more frequently wrong then the books themselves so its probably worth waiting til someone receives a copy and can clarify.

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    Consideirng the book isn't out for another couple of weeks has this actually been confirmed anywhere? As in has anyone seen the actual book to say it definitly does not have the comic cavalcade appearances.

If its just based off the solicitations then DCs solicitations are more frequently wrong then the books themselves so its probably worth waiting til someone receives a copy and can clarify.
    There's also a chance they just had too much material for one omnibus and they'll release the second one of the first one sells well enough.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Do you guys think we'll get Grayson in OHC or omni format?
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    Do you guys think we'll get Grayson in OHC or omni format?
    No.
    (10 characters)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    No.
    (10 characters)
    I have to agree the answer is no, at least not in the next 5 years or so. May get the complete series in 1 trade at some point though.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Adam Strange: The Silver Age Omnibus just popped up on amazon.com:

https://www.amazon.com/Adam-Strange-...n%3A7421485011

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Adam Strange: The Silver Age Omnibus just popped up on amazon.com:

https://www.amazon.com/Adam-Strange-...n%3A7421485011
    Whoa. I'm in.