View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 706 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 2066066566967027037047057067077087097107167568061206 ... LastLast
Results 10,576 to 10,590 of 21672

Quote Originally Posted by copywrite View Post
    New 52 Batwoman wasn't that good aside from the art. JH Williams is an amazing artist, but not a great writer. That series really dropped off once Rucka left.
    I thought it was quite good. Had a couple of dips, but it really came around at the end. Its too bad DC stepped in and muded everything.

Fantastic Member The Flicker Fade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by copywrite View Post
    New 52 Batwoman wasn't that good aside from the art. JH Williams is an amazing artist, but not a great writer. That series really dropped off once Rucka left.
    Vol 2 had issues with time and perspective jumps every other page, which got tiresome very quickly. And the whole first arc definitely lasted way too long. But overall it was pretty good. That art, though.

I think Haden Blackman did the actual scripting.

I'm really glad the series ended before Andreyko could ruin Alice forever. He was getting close.
    Last edited by The Flicker Fade; 10-05-2016 at 09:53 AM.

Spectacular Member Lake Nowhere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Saw this on the omnibus facebook page

JLA: Year One Deluxe HC

https://www.amazon.com/JLA-Year-Delu...n%3A7421491011

This was a great limited series.
    Holy cow, that's a very pleasant surprise.

Finally read those Veitch trades I got on ST (still missing v.9) and I have to say... Its not bad. He uses a lot of words that I felt the art did a better job at telling the story, and sometimes it felt like he uses pretty words, but never really says anything. The entire story plot seems to be dragging on and in, and isn't that engaging. Interesting, but it always feels like it gets muddled before it gets really good. Can't blame him, doing some art duties and writing.

Hey to all Geoff Johns and GL fans, does the GL Omni by Johns really rate that much for its price? I ask because I finally wanna get the GL series but I'd much rather have trades than anything else.

Does the omni include any extra material?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Finally read those Veitch trades I got on ST (still missing v.9) and I have to say... Its not bad. He uses a lot of words that I felt the art did a better job at telling the story, and sometimes it felt like he uses pretty words, but never really says anything. The entire story plot seems to be dragging on and in, and isn't that engaging. Interesting, but it always feels like it gets muddled before it gets really good. Can't blame him, doing some art duties and writing.
    It got better and better, but it was cut short at the best part (time travel). My fav episode was #84, which was focused on Abby and proved that she could hold her own, I didn't even miss Swampy in that issue.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Hey to all Geoff Johns and GL fans, does the GL Omni by Johns really rate that much for its price? I ask because I finally wanna get the GL series but I'd much rather have trades than anything else.

It has some extra issues that aren't included in the trades (like Larfleeze Christmas special), but I'd recommend going for the trades. There's quite a lot of them, but they look nice and they're easy to hold\read\transport etc.

Finally got my first Absolute HC, Batman: The Long Halloween and all I can say is "Wow!!" I'm new to getting trades in general. Been away from comics for years. Rebirth has dragged me back. I had no idea so much material is available in these forms. Lots of catching up to do. Since I've always been more of a fan than a collector, I imagine I'll be selling my loose issues once I get them in this form. I'm a re-reader and having to unseal and reseal bags is a pain. This site have been an invaluable source of info for me. Why did it take me sooo long to find it?? lol

Same Veitch never finished his story. Bigger shame DC never printed trades after v.9 either. I just want to read all of Swamp Thing :'(

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stinky View Post
    Finally got my first Absolute HC, Batman: The Long Halloween and all I can say is "Wow!!" I'm new to getting trades in general. Been away from comics for years. Rebirth has dragged me back. I had no idea so much material is available in these forms. Lots of catching up to do. Since I've always been more of a fan than a collector, I imagine I'll be selling my loose issues once I get them in this form. I'm a re-reader and having to unseal and reseal bags is a pain. This site have been an invaluable source of info for me. Why did it take me sooo long to find it?? lol
    Congratulations! A great Absolute to start with. I believe it was my second after Absolute All Star Superman. With regards to what material is available in trades, you may get overwhelmed where to start. Once you start purchasing Omnibusses, however, it will be extremely hard for you to stop

Btw, welcome to the Collected Editions Club

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post

I personally prefer the fantastic thick paper that DC uses in their Omniboose.

Quote Originally Posted by Stinky View Post
    Welcome to the club. Stay a while

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    I can't tell if you liked it or not. LOL. You said it's not bad, but then kind of trashed it.
    I really liked the run but I do agree the art often did a better job at storytelling. It's unfortunate that DC never collected his full run.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I can't tell if you liked it or not. LOL. You said it's not bad, but then kind of trashed it.
    I really liked the run but I do agree the art often did a better job at storytelling. It's unfortunate that DC never collected his full run.
    Well I highlighted the negative. I'm guilty. I did overall dig it. The art is pretty solid, and the ideas are imaginative and interesting. For example the way ST travels into space. I'm trying to read all of ST for a retrospect/report I'm writing...everything not being collected is making it extremely challenging.

Quote Originally Posted by beastmaster283 View Post
    I personally prefer the fantastic thick paper that DC uses in their Omniboose.
    Omniboose? HAHAHA!!! Omniboose.

That made me snort my drink!
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

Quote Originally Posted by VanWinkle View Post
    New 52/DC You books I think deserve an omni/deluxe edition:

Animal Man
    Earth 2
    Justice League Dark

These would all be easy purchases for me.

yes please!

and some:
    Animal Man Omnibus vol. 2 (Animal Man (vol. 1) #27-63)
    Hellblazer by Ennis Omnibus
    Question by Dennis O'Neil Omnibus
    Midnighter omnibus (Midnighter: Killing Machine, Midnighter: Anthem, Midnighter: Assassin8, Grifter & Midnighter, Kev by garth ennis)
    Astro city Omnibus
    Hitman by Ennis Omnibus
    Aquaman by Peter David
    The Question by Rick Veitch
    JLI Omnibus

and (the most wanted omni of all time no?):
    Saga of the Swamp Thing Omnibus
    Last edited by ricardoramos; 10-06-2016 at 02:41 PM.