View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 707 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 2076076576977037047057067077087097107117177578071207 ... LastLast
Results 10,591 to 10,605 of 21671

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Well I highlighted the negative. I'm guilty. I did overall dig it. The art is pretty solid, and the ideas are imaginative and interesting. For example the way ST travels into space. I'm trying to read all of ST for a retrospect/report I'm writing...everything not being collected is making it extremely challenging.
    The good thing is that everything between Veitch and the Morrison/Millar collections is not only pretty cheap but pretty accessibly in floppies (at least last time I checked).

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    The good thing is that everything between Veitch and the Morrison/Millar collections is not only pretty cheap but pretty accessibly in floppies (at least last time I checked).
    I would love for DC to reprint all of Veitch's run, completed, with the annuals. It would take two oversized trades. The issues after that by Doug and then Nancy could probably fit into one big volume. Thankfully every thing after that is easy to find.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

I would love for DC to reprint all of Veitch's run, completed, with the annuals. It would take two oversized trades. The issues after that by Doug and then Nancy could probably fit into one big volume. Thankfully every thing after that is easy to find.
    That would be a *really* big book. I think we'd be looking at (approximately) issues #88-139/140...? And a couple of annuals.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    That would be a *really* big book. I think we'd be looking at (approximately) issues #88-139/140...? And a couple of annuals.
    Oh that's right. I must have been thinking of something else. Regardless, I feel if that's the case, then maybe it won't happen...

Do you guys think "Swamp Thing: The Bronze Age Omnibus" Will lead to a 2nd Omnibus volume with Martin Pasko, Dan Mishkin and 1st Alan Moore issues like it's happening with JL, Superman, Green Lantern, ...?

Quote Originally Posted by pjerooo View Post

It has some extra issues that aren't included in the trades (like Larfleeze Christmas special), but I'd recommend going for the trades. There's quite a lot of them, but they look nice and they're easy to hold\read\transport etc.

Quote Originally Posted by beastmaster283 View Post
    I personally prefer the fantastic thick paper that DC uses in their Omniboose.
    Thanks for the answers. Trades here I come.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by ricardoramos View Post
    Do you guys think "Swamp Thing: The Bronze Age Omnibus" Will lead to a 2nd Omnibus volume with Martin Pasko, Dan Mishkin and 1st Alan Moore issues like it's happening with JL, Superman, Green Lantern, ...?
    I don't think so. I feel like DC would want Moore's run to be in an omnibus alone. Paskos run wasn't that great to begin with, so it might add some unwanted baggage to the series. He did issues #20-64 and one annual, that's 44 issues, which sounds like a good sized Omni.

Incredible Member

Just got done with The Omega Men, this book is incredible, solid layered writing and beautiful art and panel work.

spoilers:

The last couple of pages left me a little confused though, was that a US Military representitive talking to Kyle about taking action in the Vega system? How does the US Military know about happenings in the Vega System? Since when was Earth in danger of going all Kypton and needing some Stellarium? How the hell is the US Military even going to attempt to take action against the Vega System?
    end of spoilers

Fully deserving of all the praise its been getting and absolutely deserving of an upgrade to a more prestigious format.

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    Just got done with The Omega Men, this book is incredible, solid layered writing and beautiful art and panel work.

spoilers:

The last couple of pages left me a little confused though, was that a US Military representitive talking to Kyle about taking action in the Vega system? How does the US Military know about happenings in the Vega System? Since when was Earth in danger of going all Kypton and needing some Stellarium? How the hell is the US Military even going to attempt to take action against the Vega System?
    end of spoilers

Fully deserving of all the praise its been getting and absolutely deserving of an upgrade to a more prestigious format.
    I think it was implying that (spoiler) was a major player. I was confused myself.

It was a good book, but I found the hype did hot equal the quality. I felt the same about Azz's Wonder Woman.

Last edited by ricardoramos; 10-09-2016 at 01:51 PM.

The great return of the Silver Age Doom Patrol!

Finally! A SA omnibus I care about!

House of Secrets ey?? I wonder what spawned this notion.

House of Secrets ey?? I wonder what spawned this notion.
    or Adam Strange. Is he in one of the CW series or something? There is a paperback coming soon from the same material so this is really a weird choice IMO.