View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 710 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 2106106607007067077087097107117127137147207608101210 ... LastLast
Results 10,636 to 10,650 of 21670

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Within 8 days of your previous order, yep.

This is a great ploy, that has made me spend a lot of money....
    You aren't kidding! Me too! I wish we had 10 days though instead of 8. I've bought now 4 weeks in a row, the first 2 orders were just around $50e but the last 2 were $100 each. Ouch!!!
    I keep thinking, I better get them at the best price I can now, as it seems all Omni pricing only goes up and sometimes wayyyyyyyyyyyy up or even OOP. I'll never get the opportunity to buy the New Teen Titans Omni's or the Infinite Crisis Omni. I just started back into reading and collecting this year after about 20 years of not even reading 1 comic, since graduating from College.
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

I don't trust it. No pics and ONLY good condition. I want mine all new or like new with a one owner home.
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1

Fantastic Member The Flicker Fade's Avatar

47% off (when IST runs the DC sale for an extra 3% off & you have the 2% from a recent order) is the best you're going to do anywhere on the JSA omnis, especially considering no tax and no shipping. The only chance of doing better is some sort of mega coupon for amazon or BN during Black Friday, and even then it's unlikely given tax and their higher price points for the books. No need to rush though--IST runs the DC sale often, and I doubt JSA 2 & 3 would go out of stock before 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl70 View Post
    You aren't kidding! Me too! I wish we had 10 days though instead of 8. I've bought now 4 weeks in a row, the first 2 orders were just around $50e but the last 2 were $100 each. Ouch!!!
    I keep thinking, I better get them at the best price I can now, as it seems all Omni pricing only goes up and sometimes wayyyyyyyyyyyy up or even OOP. I'll never get the opportunity to buy the New Teen Titans Omni's or the Infinite Crisis Omni. I just started back into reading and collecting this year after about 20 years of not even reading 1 comic, since graduating from College.
    Well they do have the New Teen Titans in those fat TPBs. I understand they're not Omni's, but its still nice looking in the shelf. I'm sure they'll reprint CoIE at some point. DC considers it a massive stepping stone in its publishing. It might be in 4 years for the 35th anniversary, but I'm sure it'll come up eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    yeah I think I recommended that site. Other useful method is joining the Omnibus collector facebook page and ask if someone has it for sale.
    I know the feeling of waiting for a job, used to do freelancing and always had to wait for another assignment to buy something.
    Is this the one you are referring to?
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/842348235814432/

Yes, our business can be crazy good or very slowwwwwww. But we've never been hurting.

Quote Originally Posted by The Flicker Fade View Post
    47% off (when IST runs the DC sale for an extra 3% off & you have the 2% from a recent order) is the best you're going to do anywhere on the JSA omnis, especially considering no tax and no shipping. The only chance of doing better is some sort of mega coupon for amazon or BN during Black Friday, and even then it's unlikely given tax and their higher price points for the books. No need to rush though--IST runs the DC sale often, and I doubt JSA 2 & 3 would go out of stock before 1.
    So I know, is there a set time each month when DC's stuff goes on sale?

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Well they do have the New Teen Titans in those fat TPBs. I understand they're not Omni's, but its still nice looking in the shelf. I'm sure they'll reprint CoIE at some point. DC considers it a massive stepping stone in its publishing. It might be in 4 years for the 35th anniversary, but I'm sure it'll come up eventually.
    It would be nice if they would reprint Infinite Crisis and the New Teen Titans 1 Omni but will it happen before I hit the nursing home in 45-50 years?

I actually do own the first New Teen Titans fat trade. I got it early this year on Amazon on sale. I'm highly disappointed with the very cheap paper printings. I've been spoiled by the Omni's and Hardcover books. Almost all the new TPB's released in the last 5 or 6 years that I've bought this year all have at least the slick paper like the floppies.
    I would kill for the New Teen Titans 1 Omni, but not at $150 used or almost $300 NEW!!!

Is this the one you are referring to?
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/842348235814432/

Yes, our business can be crazy good or very slowwwwwww. But we've never been hurting.
    yes that's the one. It's an awesome community loads of people posting there, first it was a bit intimidating because they have 3x as much traffic as this forum but once you catch up with them it's really nice to be part of it (but this place is still my first love).
    BTW I think Vilynne confused the Crisis on Infinite Earth and Infinite Crisis events. CoIE just got a deluxe last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    yes that's the one. It's an awesome community loads of people posting there, first it was a bit intimidating because they have 3x as much traffic as this forum but once you catch up with them it's really nice to be part of it (but this place is still my first love).
    BTW I think Vilynne confused the Crisis on Infinite Earth and Infinite Crisis events. CoIE just got a deluxe last year.
    WOW, more busy than here???
    I clicked and asked to join the group. I hope they let me in. I find all collecting fun and fascinating! And it's my husband and my way to get away from the real world and how depressing it can be sometimes.
    I

It would be nice if they would reprint Infinite Crisis and the New Teen Titans 1 Omni but will it happen before I hit the nursing home in 45-50 years?

I actually do own the first New Teen Titans fat trade. I got it early this year on Amazon on sale. I'm highly disappointed with the very cheap paper printings. I've been spoiled by the Omni's and Hardcover books. Almost all the new TPB's released in the last 5 or 6 years that I've bought this year all have at least the slick paper like the floppies.
    I would kill for the New Teen Titans 1 Omni, but not at $150 used or almost $300 NEW!!!
    I hate to sound like a beaten horse, but I think my LCS downtown has it. I remember seeing it, because they only have like 5 Omni's and they are all on display. I'll check for you.

I hate to sound like a beaten horse, but I think my LCS downtown has it. I remember seeing it, because they only have like 5 Omni's and they are all on display. I'll check for you.
    Which one?

Which one?
    New TT Omni. I have nothing going on right now, so I'll head down there and check. Minus well pick up some comics while I'm there.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Within 8 days of your previous order, yep.

This is a great ploy, that has made me spend a lot of money....
    When I was making sure I got books I wanted, cause I was "late" to the Omni fad and worried about OOP, I used the rolling 2% every week for a year at IST. I got 2-5 books a week depending on price and my other financial responsibilities in any given month. Plus a few whales from Ebay(not crazy priced, all under $200). I spent $5,747usd from Oct '14 - Oct '15.
    I got caught up on my Wants but my To Read pile is not for want. LOL!
    Still, I'm weening myself off monthlies and other life changes are happening so I'm glad to have a reserve pile of reading for down the calendar!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

New TT Omni. I have nothing going on right now, so I'll head down there and check. Minus well pick up some comics while I'm there.
    Seeing people going out of their way to help other people. I know it's corny but stuff like this gives me hope for the future.............even if it is with mutant biker zombies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stinky View Post
    Seeing people going out of their way to help other people. I know it's corny but stuff like this gives me hope for the future.............even if it is with mutant biker zombies.
    Alas, for poor Hawkgirl...it was Vol.3. Apologies if I got your hopes up. I did pick up v.9 of Veitchs ST for myself. Also, wasn't someone here looking for JLI? Was it the Giffen series? Because they have Books 1-4, I'm not sure if this was the series you were looking for.