View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 716 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 2166166667067127137147157167177187197207267668161216 ... LastLast
Results 10,726 to 10,740 of 21671
    Fantastic Member The Flicker Fade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Aquaman deserves better. He's the king for gods sake! I hope the film does open eye to the character.
    He's still going to be a guy who dresses in orange and green, unabashedly calls himself "Aquaman," and holds conversations with fish, ya know? It's hard for me to believe a movie, if it gets made, will really move the needle on that too much. But stranger things have happened.

(I do think the movie will get made because and only because of Momoa and Wan. Unless Justice League tanks.)

Quote Originally Posted by The Flicker Fade View Post
    He's still going to be a guy who dresses in orange and green, unabashedly calls himself "Aquaman," and holds conversations with fish, ya know? It's hard for me to believe a movie, if it gets made, will really move the needle on that too much. But stranger things have happened.

(I do think the movie will get made because and only because of Momoa and Wan. Unless Justice League tanks.)
    sounds like my kinda guy.
    But honestly, lots of awesome concepts can be boiled down to these silly facts to make them ridiculous. Man broods all his life, dresses up as a giant bat and beats up a clown with a barelegged orphan in red and green.
    What a pathetic excuse for a story.

I think Marvel proved that you can sell even a talking tree and a raccoon with a gun and make it a billion dollar franchise if you do it right. Admittedly Aquaman has the disadvantage of being the butt of every joke for a decade or two but don't forget that before the Burton movie everyone outide of comics thought Batman equals the Adam West series.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    But honestly, lots of awesome concepts can be boiled down to these silly facts to make them ridiculous. Man broods all his life, dresses up as a giant bat and beats up a clown with a barelegged orphan in red and green.

I think Marvel proved that you can sell even a talking tree and a raccoon with a gun and make it a billion dollar franchise if you do it right. Admittedly Aquaman has the disadvantage of being the butt of every joke for a decade or two but don't forget that before the Burton movie everyone outide of comics thought Batman equals the Adam West series.
    Good point. I think in a world where Ant-Man can be a movie (and I loved Ant-Man) Aquaman can be a movie too. Especially if they pul through making it VISUALLY like "Avatar, but underwater".

The difference with Aquamna, is most people don't see him as having anything interesting other than "strong" and "talks with fish". Other than the aquatic talk, what makes AM interesting. I would much rather read your boiler plate of Batman than the one of Aquaman because at least it isn't generic strong guy with fish talking power.

I haven't read much with him in it but he never brings anything to a JLA comic expect a surly attitude, and Batman does that better. He just doesn't appear to offer anything that another hero doesn't offer in a better way.

Kind of bringing back the topic if going to LCS and walking out empty handed, I went to three separate ones today looking for Midnighter V.2. Not a single store carried it. Luckily for one, they had a Flash coloring book I could use as a gift. Regardless, this is my issue with LCS. I'd rather buy it in store, but if you won't carry it, I'll take my wallet online and get it cheaper.

Also, I took a look for more OOP trades for y'all. Hardly any DC Omni's. Lots of JSA V.1 however. So I guess the more recent ones are alive and well. I did catch a CoIE Deluxe HC, but it is available on Amazon so its not rare. Still a few other stores worth checking out. Will report later.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    The difference with Aquamna, is most people don't see him as having anything interesting other than "strong" and "talks with fish". Other than the aquatic talk, what makes AM interesting. I would much rather read your boiler plate of Batman than the one of Aquaman because at least it isn't generic strong guy with fish talking power.

I haven't read much with him in it but he never brings anything to a JLA comic expect a surly attitude, and Batman does that better. He just doesn't appear to offer anything that another hero doesn't offer in a better way.

My favourite version of Aquaman is how he is portrayed on the brace and the bold cartoons, a complete blowhard and a bit of an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post

wasn't that the same with Iron man though? Don't get me wrong I LOVE bronze age Iron man, Michelinie and O'neill, awesome stuff but his armor basically gives him Superman powers because the tech involved with it is plain bullsh@#. It enhances his physical strengths and shoots beams. Very generic. And his personality wasn't that super intriguing until RDJ put his own personality into the role. Of course the alcoholism era was a cool storyline but Aquaman got his hand cut off...
    With the right vision and right attitude they can create an intriguing Aquaman just like they created an intriguing Iron man.
    Also, strong guy who talks to fish. I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    My favourite version of Aquaman is how he is portrayed on the brace and the bold cartoons, a complete blowhard and a bit of an idiot
    Yes! Basically movie Thor times 10.
    Also his rousing song of heroism! I would love to see Momoa perform that

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Yes! Basically movie Thor times 10.
    Also his rousing song of heroism! I would love to see Momoa perform that
    I would die laughing. And then I'd be resurrected when they got Neal Patrick Harris to do a live action Music Meister.

Even better: Live action Birds of Prey song. People would really start disrespecting Aquaman then.
    Cyclops was right

Yeah, I use to dismiss the flash because his power is to 'run really fast,' but I was wrong and the Flash is awesome, as is Aquaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor2014 View Post
    Yeah, I use to dismiss the flash because his power is to 'run really fast,' but I was wrong and the Flash is awesome, as is Aquaman.
    that's so weird when people say Flash is lame because his only power is to run fast. I would love to have that power. Don't even need anything else he can do, just running really bloody fast. It would feel awesome and I'm not even a speed freak, always crapping my pants in a speeding car.
    Talking to fish on the other hand... I can understand that's not as appealing (still as a story it's cool).

that's so weird when people say Flash is lame because his only power is to run fast. I would love to have that power. Don't even need anything else he can do, just running really bloody fast. It would feel awesome and I'm not even a speed freak, always crapping my pants in a speeding car.
    Talking to fish on the other hand... I can understand that's not as appealing (still as a story it's cool).
    I love the Flash. The key to a good writer is showing how he uses his speed in creative ways to be the hero. I think Aquaman would be the same. If I had all of Aquamans powers, I'd be happy. Let's not forget the strength this guy possess from the 7mile deep water pressure, and the fridges waters down there? Endurance!

All this talk of Flash...I wish we were getting Waid Flash Omnibus books instead of those dinky tpbs....

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    All this talk of Flash...I wish we were getting Waid Flash Omnibus books instead of those dinky tpbs....
    Pretty excited about those TPB regardless! I like the Flash show, but I like the attention that reprints the stories even better. I'm placing an IST order right now actually! Any general recommendations?

All-New Member

Brian Buccellato posted this on his twitter