View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 717 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 2176176677077137147157167177187197207217277678171217 ... LastLast
Results 10,741 to 10,755 of 21671

Quote Originally Posted by Black Pasta View Post
    Brian Buccellato posted this on his twitter
    I've heard a lot of mixed reviews about this, particularly in this thread. Also heard that the full storyline or the conclusion to it isn't resolved in this book.

Can anyone comment on this? Thanks

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I've heard a lot of mixed reviews about this, particularly in this thread. Also heard that the full storyline or the conclusion to it isn't resolved in this book.

Eh. It cuts out a bunch of Buchellato stuff without Manapul, which follow up on some threads. Nothing to big, but its a bit annoying.

As I've said before, buy it for the art. Or don't. I love Manapul, but the writing is just not worth the double dip. The last arc in particular is awful.
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post

It depends? I believe the main story ends with #24, #25 being a Zero Year special issue. It concludes the Speed Force story and the Reverse Flash arc. It includes the villains month issue as well. Its basically the first 4 volumes in an Omni form. I'm not sure why people would not be happy, being that the general consensus, is that the quality declined after #25, and Venditti took over soon after for that long Future Blue Flash story arc. Rogues Rebellion can be considered something of a successor to this story, although it doesn't have much to do with the Flash as much as Forever Evil.

In any case, this is a good match for anyone wanting to read a solid Flash story.

Incredible Member

That Flash omnibus looks slick, but I couldn't finish the first trade. I love the art, but the writing bored me. I've found that I could enjoy books that have great writing but crappy art, but I can't enjoy books that have great art but crappy writing. I dunno. I'm probably being way too harsh and should give it a further look than just 2/3rds of the first trade. But there's so little time and so many other good books to read...

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
    That Flash omnibus looks slick, but I couldn't finish the first trade. I love the art, but the writing bored me. I've found that I could enjoy books that have great writing but crappy art, but I can't enjoy books that have great art but crappy writing. I dunno. I'm probably being way too harsh and should give it a further look than just 2/3rds of the first trade. But there's so little time and so many other good books to read...
    I tend to agree but there are two things going for this book that just can't resist no matter how many perfectly logical reasons I have against it.
    It's The Flash by Manapul. That's enough for me.
    I've read it monthly for a while and wasn't super impressed but it wasn't bad, I think I will enjoy it more reading all the issues in one book. Happened to my with Snyder's Swampy. Couldn't get through the first issue (it opens with his signature metaphorical flashback monologue bs that I HATE) but I really enjoyed the deluxe (although it's not a perfect book but I didn't regret the purchase).

Mighty Member

It's a post crisis omni from DC so I'm in, considering we get like, what, one a year now?

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
    I agree with you. The first trade I found was extremely boring. I was really upset when I read it, because I was hoping for more from a Flash title. HOWEVER I did pick up v.2 to see if it got better and it did. Vol.2 to 4 is exciting and fun, and the art is amazing.

Spectacular Member

I just got an email from DCBS saying that JSA The Golden Age Deluxe Edition was cancelled. I see it's listed on Amazon for March, I wonder if it will be resolicited.

I also saw on the Comiclist that Jack of Fables Deluxe is cancelled and it's been moved to April on Amazon. I really hope that one is just being resolicited.

Thanks for the input into the Flash omnibus. Since the writing is more important to me than the art I'll probably not pick it up. I'm also still disgusted about Wally's treatment or lack of it in the new 52.

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    All this talk of Flash...I wish we were getting Waid Flash Omnibus books instead of those dinky tpbs....
    Since we'll probably never get an Omni, buy all the TPB's then have them custom bound with Dick Grayson!!!
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl70 View Post
    Since we'll probably never get an Omni, buy all the TPB's then have them custom bound with Dick Grayson!!!
    Ye if little faith. They might crank them out someday

Quote Originally Posted by enguarde22 View Post
    I just got an email from DCBS saying that JSA The Golden Age Deluxe Edition was cancelled. I see it's listed on Amazon for March, I wonder if it will be resolicited.

I also saw on the Comiclist that Jack of Fables Deluxe is cancelled and it's been moved to April on Amazon. I really hope that one is just being resolicited.
    DC just loves Robinson, eh..? First Starman and now this. Wonder if the other JSA tpb will be published or not, the one from the early 90's, that's written by him as well if I'm not mistaken.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I got my WW Golden Age vol.1 in from IST and while I'm very back logged I'm looking forward to reading at least the first story or two.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

So seeing that Flash omni I have to ask. Are there any other books where the artist is listed before the writer?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian2Staples View Post
    So seeing that Flash omni I have to ask. Are there any other books where the artist is listed before the writer?
    I know its not an omni, but they recently released Wonder Woman by Mike Deodato the artist because he's more profitable/well known. Which is odd, because Brain Buccelleto isn't a nobody. He's had some good works under his belt.