View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 718 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 2186186687087147157167177187197207217227287688181218 ... LastLast
Results 10,756 to 10,770 of 21674
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brian2Staples View Post
    So seeing that Flash omni I have to ask. Are there any other books where the artist is listed before the writer?
    Manapul was also a writer on the series

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    I agree with you. The first trade I found was extremely boring. I was really upset when I read it, because I was hoping for more from a Flash title. HOWEVER I did pick up v.2 to see if it got better and it did. Vol.2 to 4 is exciting and fun, and the art is amazing.
    Maybe I will get it if it's cheap enough. I dunno. I just love his art so much, but I have enough paperweights already as it is. That said, I do admit I do buy some books just because they'll look nice on my shelf. This might be one.

Mighty Member

Not sure if this new or not.

JLA Year One deluxe
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/14012...8896_AA75_QL70

Seems a bit pricey for 12 issues

Ye if little faith. They might crank them out someday
    I'm not getting any younger! I don't see myself still collecting and reading this in 20 years. I will be ready to return to somewhere.
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
    Maybe I will get it if it's cheap enough. I dunno. I just love his art so much, but I have enough paperweights already as it is. That said, I do admit I do buy some books just because they'll look nice on my shelf. This might be one.
    It is a pretty good story. It features Gorilla Grodd, the Rogues, Reverse Flash and lots of Speed Force. It's a fun ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl70 View Post
    I'm not getting any younger! I don't see myself still collecting and reading this in 20 years. I will be ready to return to somewhere.
    Are you telling me you won't be around for all the Omni's that are coming out for the New 52 during the 25 year Anniversary!?! :P

Marcio Takara posted another image of the Flash omni.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BL1jR2tDJXw/

Marcio Takara posted another image of the Flash omni.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BL1jR2tDJXw/
    I'll pick it up. I have it pre ordered from amazon for 33 bucks. Can't say no to that really

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    I'll pick it up. I have it pre ordered from amazon for 33 bucks. Can't say no to that really
    For 27 issues? That's $1.25 (more or less) an issue!

Is this Manapul Flash omni that is coming out good enough to be Absoluted at some point? I'm trying to steer clear of regular or even OHC's lately, and i know nothing at all about this book, so will probably steer clear of it unless it's excellent

For 27 issues? That's $1.25 (more or less) an issue!
    I had ordered it a while back and locked it in.

I've read most of it. It starts off pretty good, but definitely goes to average at the end.

I'm also in the camp that thinks Barry should have stayed dead and have Wally and/or Bart be the Flash

I had ordered it a while back and locked it in.

I've read most of it. It starts off pretty good, but definitely goes to average at the end.

I'm also in the camp that thinks Barry should have stayed dead and have Wally and/or Bart be the Flash
    I'm mixed on feelings on the matter. Love Wally, hut I love Barry, but Barry works better as a legacy character.
    Last edited by Vilynne; 10-21-2016 at 07:53 PM.

I'm mixed on feelings on the matter. Love Wally, hut I love Barry, but Barry works better ad a legacy character.
    My thoughts exactly. He was more influential after COIE, and thus, more important and impactful to Wally and everyone, including the readers.

My thoughts exactly. He was more influential after COIE, and thus, more important and impactful to Wally and everyone, including the readers.
    But I also enjoyed him as a character. Maybe an alternative Buried Alien ...would've worked better.

Fantastic Member The Flicker Fade's Avatar

Wally's a better Flash than Barry, but no matter what Wally's story begins with "My Uncle Barry died saving the universe and-" and so that's not the best way to position the Flash IP for mass consumption by newcomers, like, say, in a television show or movie or both. It isn't a clean and simple origin story, and more importantly it doesn't really feel like starting at the beginning of the tale, which for better or worse people expect to be able to do with their entertainment media these days. So, for this day and age, Barry was always going to have to come back to life.

It's okay. Barry doesn't suck or anything. And, well, this new character really just shares the name and occupation of the Barry Allen who died decades ago, and not really his personality or backstory anymore. He's got a long road to go to catch up to Wally, but I think he'll get there.