View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 72 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 2262686970717273747576821221725721072 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 21662

I think dust-jackets add a lot to the book, especially when the covers are either uninspired or intended to be simple-looking for bookshelves.

The dust-jacket for the Animal Man omnibus is way better than the cover graphic IMO, and the actual book covers for the Y - The Last Man HC's and the Watchmen omnibus are very bland. The dust-jacket also often provides review-quotes - perfect for introducing people to a new story. Yes, people shouldn't be judging a book by its cover, but we live in an age of low-attention spans, so those dust-jackets do help, lol.

I don't think I could ever complain about them. I don't think they significantly affect the final price, and people who don't want them can always throw them away, but for me they've become an integral and indispensable part of the product.
    An unabashed DC Fanboy (who gives Marvel credit where credit is due).

The world needs bad men RedNave's Avatar

That's all fine and good, and we all appreciate a good dustjacket, but they are redundant when the book itself comes in a slipcase which is doing the job of a dustjacket.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by RedNave View Post
    That's all fine and good, and we all appreciate a good dustjacket, but they are redundant when the book itself comes in a slipcase which is doing the job of a dustjacket.
    Yup. This. I prefer books without dustjackets. Just too hard to keep in good condition. I'd much rather an image on the hardcover itself than a DJ with a shitty black cover underneath the way the DC trades are like.

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
    Yup. This. I prefer books without dustjackets. Just too hard to keep in good condition. I'd much rather an image on the hardcover itself than a DJ with a shitty black cover underneath the way the DC trades are like.
    Always!
    10char

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

I'm pretty much in agreement with the majority of you. Absolutes in my opinion do not need dustjackets, they often cause more problems. The Wednesday Comics OHC which I recently received also looked great without a dustjacket. I do, however, like my Omnibus with a dustjacket. Saying that, if DC decide to scrap the Omnibus dustjackets, and alternatively gave us great images on the hardcovers, I probably wouldn't put up much of a fight.

not a fan of dust jackets myself, would much rather the actual cover was designed rather than plain black.

I actually threw the dustjacket away from Watchmen Deluxe.

Much prefer this:

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
    Hey look, it's my hand! Here's the video for anyone who likes shameless self promotion

Quote Originally Posted by TehJofus View Post
    Hey look, it's my hand! Here's the video for anyone who likes shameless self promotion

haha that's crazy. That still of your hand is like 3rd result in google images for "Watchmen deluxe".

Don't you agree the hardcover underneath is the best hardcover available for watchmen? Personally I hate the dust jacket, maybe because I prefer to differentiate the book and movie lol.

Incredible Member

I've started reading my Absolute Promethea collections

WP_20140705_18_31_50_Pro (1).jpg

God bless you Promethea you do what some of us can only dream of.

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
    Can't we start a petition or something against the black cardboard covers? I hate those with a burning passion. I like dust jackets on thinner books, but I could live without one in case of the bigger books.

All this Absolute All Star Batman talk made me realize nobody posted pictures of the Absolute Superman - Batman Vol. 2... Or maybe I missed them and someone can tell me in what page I can find them...
    Last edited by JohnHorus; 07-05-2014 at 05:21 PM.

Just started Daytripper deluxe, and dog damn this book is awesome. Halfway through in one sitting, i'll wrap it up tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Can't we start a petition or something against the black cardboard covers? I hate those with a burning passion. I like dust jackets on thinner books, but I could live without one in case of the bigger books.
    I actually displayed all my books duskjacketless when I first started collecting until I got some DC HCs. You just can't read what the spine says or anything on the shelf. Why even put anything on the spine or go through the effort of putting a design on the cover if you can't even see it?
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

Amazing Member

When are we going to see Omnibus books for the New 52? I don't mean compilations of various titles but actual individual titles e.g Wonder Woman?

I dont have any books from the new 52 except the zero omnibus.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ukbondraider View Post
    When are we going to see Omnibus books for the New 52? I don't mean compilations of various titles but actual individual titles e.g Wonder Woman?

I dont have any books from the new 52 except the zero omnibus.
    This was asked some pages back. Seeing that Dc rarely releases omnibi compared to Marvel and the big runs haven't all been completed yet (and that recent stuff hasn't been collected yet) it may take a while. The most obvious choice for omnibus is Aquaman by Johns because it's just under 30 issues (favorite number of issues on Dc's omnibi), it's by Johns (omnibus guarantee) and it is a popular run on a popular character. Wonder woman and Animal man might get one in the future (Fingers crossed for Green arrow by Lemire/Sorrentino) but I don't think very soon
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47