View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 724 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 2246246747147207217227237247257267277287347748241224 ... LastLast
Results 10,846 to 10,860 of 21672
    Fantastic Member The Flicker Fade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    She finally gets off the book and Valentine takes over for trades 6 and 7. They're a great crime noir, gang, mafia story. They're really good. I'm sad it did not continue and it was more unoriginal content. I really hope they announce a Catwoman Rebirth by Valentine.
    Oh god I've got another volume of this shit to go. Is this the worst of the New 52? Does it get worse than this? I haven't read any Teen Titans, I usually hear that cited as being the worst. But can it really be worse than this?

I'm not sure Green Arrow was ever even this bad.

Quote Originally Posted by The Flicker Fade View Post
    Oh god I've got another volume of this shit to go. Is this the worst of the New 52? Does it get worse than this? I haven't read any Teen Titans, I usually hear that cited as being the worst. But can it really be worse than this?

In my old forum stomping grounds, it was a close race for worst N52 run, but Nocenti won with her Catwoman. Google it there are people who quit comics because of what they read. The hardcorest of Catwoman fans dropped the series, is was deemed absolute garbage. She also wrote the one shot Jokers Daughter, and I think the same Villains Month issue with the same character, both horrible. She also wrote the first Katana series (Justice League of America: Katana), which is deemed just as equally a horrible mess. Oh and she wrote Klarion (she loves characters with the phonetics of C and K), in which sales were so poor, the collected edition was canned, never to see the light of day. Its a mess.

The point is ANYTHING Nocenti wrote for the N52 is complete garbage. Avoid it, value your sanity and save the rage, its not worth your time.

That's a shame for Katana. One of her chances at a solo and its a really bad pick.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    That's a shame for Katana. One of her chances at a solo and its a really bad pick.
    There's another SS Most Wanted mini of Katana, wittten by Mike Barr (he wrote some Outsiders issues and the Phantom Stranger back ups EARLY on in Saga of the Swamp Thing). I have not heard anything about this series, so I can't say if its good or worth picking up. I want to get it, as I love Katana. Art looks decent.

Amazing Member

Well Batman's Year One Absolute edition comes out tomorrow. And I kept hoping that the $125 price tag was just a misprint but I guess it isn't. I love the material. Some of my favorite Batman ever. But it's only 4 normal sized issues. With some extras. And it's $25 more than the Dark Knight Retrns Absolute. So I'm torn. I know it won't get any cheaper than the $62 IST will have it tomorrow. I'll probably cave and get it. But I do hate DC for doing it like this.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Flicker Fade View Post

Everything Titans or Superboy is worse. Earth 2: World's End is, without a doubt, the worst comic published since Ultimatum by Jeph Loeb. Only other contender is Holy Terror, aka Frank Miller hates brown people.
    Cyclops was right

There's another SS Most Wanted mini of Katana, wittten by Mike Barr (he wrote some Outsiders issues and the Phantom Stranger back ups EARLY on in Saga of the Swamp Thing). I have not heard anything about this series, so I can't say if its good or worth picking up. I want to get it, as I love Katana. Art looks decent.
    He did create her. If anyone can salvage her character, it should be him.
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisko View Post
    Well Batman's Year One Absolute edition comes out tomorrow. And I kept hoping that the $125 price tag was just a misprint but I guess it isn't. I love the material. Some of my favorite Batman ever. But it's only 4 normal sized issues. With some extras. And it's $25 more than the Dark Knight Retrns Absolute. So I'm torn. I know it won't get any cheaper than the $62 IST will have it tomorrow. I'll probably cave and get it. But I do hate DC for doing it like this.
    Please don't buy it. If it sells well DC is just going to keep jacking up their prices. Marvel is crazy enough. 20 buck for a six issue paperback. About ANT-MAN of all characters! C'mon Marvel.
    Cyclops was right

In my old forum stomping grounds, it was a close race for worst N52 run, but Nocenti won with her Catwoman. Google it there are people who quit comics because of what they read. The hardcorest of Catwoman fans dropped the series, is was deemed absolute garbage.
    The worst comic I ever read.

My pre-order of Manapul's Flash Omnibus on Amazon.co.uk has some how turned into 'Flash by Francis Manapul Unwrapped HC'.

For the first time ever, experience Francis Manapul's acclaimed run on THE FLASH through beautifully reprinted original line drawings that showcase the artist's masterful skill and creative vision without any inks or colors laid over them. THE FLASH BY FRANCIS MANAPUL UNWRAPPED collects the artist's entire body of work on the revered reintroduction of the Fastest Man Alive that he spearheaded with best-selling writer Brian Buccellato (BATMAN: DETECTIVE COMICS). Not only will this collection inspire with its gorgeously reproduced pencil work, but it also acts as the perfect entry point into the world of the Scarlet Speedster. Collects THE FLASH #1-25.
    It has also, iirc, halved the pages numbers from around 400 or so to 200. It has also moved up release dates from Dec 15th to Nov 29th.

The Amazon.com/.ca version is still the Omnibus however.

Quote Originally Posted by TajtheDestroyer View Post
    My pre-order of Manapul's Flash Omnibus on Amazon.co.uk has some how turned into 'Flash by Francis Manapul Unwrapped HC'.

It has also, iirc, halved the pages numbers from around 400 or so to 200. It has also moved up release dates from Dec 15th to Nov 29th.

The Amazon.com/.ca version is still the Omnibus however.
    amazon.com still lists the book as the omnibus so does my order status on co.uk. The book's isbn points to the omnibus edition too and the Unwrapped has a different isbn.
    I've messaged to amazon last night and they assured me I will get the product I've preordered (the omnibus) and this is probably just some listing mistake on their part.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    He did create her. If anyone can salvage her character, it should be him.
    Maybe I'll go out on a limb and buy it then. It can't be anywhere near as horrible as Nocentis. Although I did forget about Worlds End and Superboy. The latter eventually got better, but it was so worried about truing it logically save itself from its past. Never stood a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by pjerooo View Post
    The worst comic I ever read.
    And she was on the book for almost 3 years!! It was sickening.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    amazon.com still lists the book as the omnibus so does my order status on co.uk. The book's isbn points to the omnibus edition too and the Unwrapped has a different isbn.
    I've messaged to amazon last night and they assured me I will get the product I've preordered (the omnibus) and this is probably just some listing mistake on their part.
    I've emailed them too and they said they are looking in to it. In my orders page it still says Omnibus but the email they sent last night says differently. Clicking onto the order this is what I'm seeing.

Quote Originally Posted by TajtheDestroyer View Post
    I've emailed them too and they said they are looking in to it. In my orders page it still says Omnibus but the email they sent last night says differently. Clicking onto the order this is what I'm seeing.
    same. But this was their reply to my email:
    "I've checked our records and can see that the item your ordered is "The Flash by Francis Manapul and Brian Buccellato Omnibus" and you'll be receiving the correct product so please don't worry you'll get your correct product on release day delivery."
    and since there is no alternative page to the omnibus but we know it exists it has to be a listing error. Although a very, very weird one.