View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 729 of 1444 FirstFirst ... 2296296797197257267277287297307317327337397798291229 ... LastLast
Results 10,921 to 10,935 of 21657

I'm seeing reports that the Silver age v.1 for Adam Strange has been canceled. I did some digging online, and amazon has it listed but being unavailable. Ouch.

Amazing Member

More like DC stole all their business. They absorbed a lot of the characters into the main DCU, now it's mostly a creator owned imprint.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    I'm seeing reports that the Silver age v.1 for Adam Strange has been canceled. I did some digging online, and amazon has it listed but being unavailable. Ouch.
    it is upgraded to an omnibus for some reason.

Fantastic Member The Flicker Fade's Avatar

I can't find the right combination of words to google that will reveal this answer to me, so I was hoping someone might know: has DC solicited the second volume of the New 52 Secret Six series to finish it up? Or does it look like they're just going to turn their eyes (and publishing schedule) to doing Rebirth trades and leave it in the lurch? That would really suck . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    it is upgraded to an omnibus for some reason.
    Ah. That would explain it. I want a poster of that cover. Its so glorious.

Quote Originally Posted by The Flicker Fade View Post
    I can't find the right combination of words to google that will reveal this answer to me, so I was hoping someone might know: has DC solicited the second volume of the New 52 Secret Six series to finish it up? Or does it look like they're just going to turn their eyes (and publishing schedule) to doing Rebirth trades and leave it in the lurch? That would really suck . . .
    I saw it on Comiclist, to be released soon. Let me check their listed date.

Edit: it appears to be the original S6. My mistake.
    Last edited by Vilynne; 11-03-2016 at 06:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by skeletor View Post
    Vertigo used to be so good but I think Image stole all their business.
    Quote Originally Posted by copywrite View Post
    More like DC stole all their business. They absorbed a lot of the characters into the main DCU, now it's mostly a creator owned imprint.
    You're both right in a way. A lot of the Vertigo talent jumped ship after Karen Berger left as the editor and DC changed its policy on how it pays creator owned stuff. That meant most of the creators not under contract jumping ship. At the same time, the "dc" characters, like Shade, Swamp Thing and Hellblazer, were moved back to DC.

I haven't really dabbled in any Vertigo titles since then, so I have no clue whether I'd like them or not.

The only ongoing that I had any interest in was Snyder's Vampire series but I was only casually reading that in trades.

Quote Originally Posted by TajtheDestroyer View Post
    Yea, looks like a listing error but still a bit worried. Hopefully they can fix it.
    I've heard back from Amazon and they sent this:

This e-mail is with reference to your query regarding the "The Flash by Francis Manapul and Brian Buccellato Omnibus".

I've received an update from our buying team.

The book title and pages are listed as per the latest update from the supplier. Our listing change as per the updates we receive from our supplier.

You'll receive "Flash by Francis Manapul Unwrapped HC Hardcover" with 200 pages.

Rest assured that we’ll dispatch your order prior to the release day, with the intention that it arrives with you on the actual release day November 29, 2016.
    This is strange.

I've heard back from Amazon and they sent this:

This is strange.
    That is really weird. I've seen the Omni on Instagram and Twitter, and I see the solicits are the same online.

That is really weird. I've seen the Omni on Instagram and Twitter, and I see the solicits are the same online.
    Yea, I've seen them too. The ISBN from Amazon.co.uk shows the Omnibus on .com and .ca. On ISBNSearch.org it shows as the omnibus too. The Unwrapped HC has the ISBN of '1401265049' and the Omnibus is '1401261035'.

Yea, I've seen them too. The ISBN from Amazon.co.uk shows the Omnibus on .com and .ca. On ISBNSearch.org it shows as the omnibus too. The Unwrapped HC has the ISBN of '1401265049' and the Omnibus is '1401261035'.
    Very strange indeed. I wouldn't even want an Unwrapped HC.

Very strange indeed. I wouldn't even want an Unwrapped HC.
    Yea, if it's not the Omnibus I'll cancel it. The Omnibus isn't even on .co.uk but there's two versions (1, 2) of the Unwrapped HC. Number 1 should be the Omnibus and Number 2 is the actual Unwrapped HC.

Yea, if it's not the Omnibus I'll cancel it. The Omnibus isn't even on .co.uk but there's two versions (1, 2) of the Unwrapped HC. Number 1 should be the Omnibus and Number 2 is the actual Unwrapped HC.
    I would message Amazon saying if its not the product I ordered (the omni), then I don't want it. I would imagine the Unwrapped would be much cheaper as well.

Amazing Member

I would message Amazon saying if its not the product I ordered (the omni), then I don't want it. I would imagine the Unwrapped would be much cheaper as well.
    According to Amazon the Unwrapped will have a cover price of $35.

Fantastic Member The Flicker Fade's Avatar

I saw it on Comiclist, to be released soon. Let me check their listed date.

Edit: it appears to be the original S6. My mistake.
    Yeesh. I was surprised to learn the other day that DC has anything at all from the New 52 that's uncollected in trade, but for Secret Six to get that treatment (if that's what happening) is shocking. It's a much more high profile property than Klarion and Simone is a much more respected writer than Nocenti. She's also the writer fans associate with the series. Okay, so it wasn't received as well as the pre-N52 series, but it's supposed to get much better after the story in the initial trade. I mean, given all those factors, you'd think they could make enough money to at least make it worth printing.

Well I'll hope it shows up. I'm sure it will see print someday, maybe in a trade collecting the entire thing.