View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 732 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 2326326827227287297307317327337347357367427828321232 ... LastLast
Results 10,966 to 10,980 of 21671

Quote Originally Posted by pjerooo View Post
    True, those crossover annuals were decent. Unfortunately, that time-travelling fantasy issue left a bad taste and coloured my opinion of Grell's annuals.

I hope it happens soon, would love to have it in one of those fat TPBs.
    How many trades were there originally?

Incredible Member

There is a Gerry Conway Tales Of The Batman HC already listed on Amazon but it doesn't specify the contents, this was my favorite and first introduction to Batman in comics, the run was only 2-3 years that hopefully it finishes off his run, his other tales were included in the Gene Colan and Don Newton volumes.

click here

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    How many trades were there originally?
    There were six, each with six issues. The first one is horribly out of print and goes for ridiculous prices. It's a very good series.

Quote Originally Posted by Nateallen30 View Post
    There were six, each with six issues. The first one is horribly out of print and goes for ridiculous prices. It's a very good series.
    So I've heard. They could easily squeeze 12 issues a trade. Ive been wanting to read it forever. Same with Brain Q's Batgirl.

Fantastic Member The Flicker Fade's Avatar

Can't speak for The Question as I've never yet found that first trade, but Brian Q. Miller's Batgirl is one of my favorite comics ever. Worth whatever you need to pay to read it imo.

Really dig the O'Neil/Cowyn Question- have them all in singles so I don't know much about the trades. It's also fairly important to Rucka's 52 Question story arc.

Quote Originally Posted by The Flicker Fade View Post
    Can't speak for The Question as I've never yet found that first trade, but Brian Q. Miller's Batgirl is one of my favorite comics ever. Worth whatever you need to pay to read it imo.
    No offense to Cass Cane, but what an off choice reprinting her Batgirl run, instead of Stephs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nateallen30 View Post
    There were six, each with six issues.
    Unfortunately, those trades did not collect annuals and Question Quarterly issues. I hope future collections will.

Justice was great. I've read before, and it's on the back of the book, how these are stories that go back to innocent times. Don't really get that. Ultimately it's bad guy trying to destroy the world and heroes stop them but Justice and Kingdom Come are both epic and deeply personal at the same time that they are really great stories with incredible art.

Any other easily available, good page count collections of cool Justice League stories? I'm only really a fan of Green Lantern, Green Arrow and Batman but really love Superman in these group stories. I have a similar feeling with Thor too, don't like his solo stuff but love him in the Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by pjerooo View Post
    Unfortunately, those trades did not collect annuals and Question Quarterly issues. I hope future collections will.
    I always forget about the Annuals. I hope they reprint them again and soon. Like, summer 2017.

£80 for absolute WW on speedyhen, pretty expensive, does speedyhen drop its prices? I can't remember.

Anybody read this new lucifer series? Any good or is it new 52 John Constantine standard?

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    £80 for absolute WW on speedyhen, pretty expensive, does speedyhen drop its prices? I can't remember.

Anybody read this new lucifer series? Any good or is it new 52 John Constantine standard?
    lately speedyhen prices went crazy. Some of their books are actually cheaper through ebay from them, like I was checking I think the Great and secret show deluxe the other day and it was 30quid on the website but 25 on their ebay.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Absolute Wondy is only a 100 US, right? That's actually not that bad for an Absolute that size. Only 50 bucks release week from IST. Sucks for you Europeans, though.
    Cyclops was right

Fantastic Member The Flicker Fade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    Justice was great. I've read before, and it's on the back of the book, how these are stories that go back to innocent times. Don't really get that. Ultimately it's bad guy trying to destroy the world and heroes stop them but Justice and Kingdom Come are both epic and deeply personal at the same time that they are really great stories with incredible art.

Any other easily available, good page count collections of cool Justice League stories? I'm only really a fan of Green Lantern, Green Arrow and Batman but really love Superman in these group stories. I have a similar feeling with Thor too, don't like his solo stuff but love him in the Avengers.
    JLA vol 1-9 in TPB, which starts with the Grant Morrison stuff. Mid 90s to mid 00s (Infinite Crisis). You'll have to deal with stuff like electric Superman and Kyle Rayner, and not every story will be a winner, but still.

Dumb question, but does DC ever reprint their Showcase Presents books? I want to continue with the Batman series, but the prices of Vol. 4 are jacked up for what are supposed to be cheap, accessible reprints.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)