View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 734 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 2346346847247307317327337347357367377387447848341234 ... LastLast
Results 10,996 to 11,010 of 21671

I have a problem with my potential order with instocktrades.com.

Ive sent 2 emails to customer service and no one ever replied.
    Frustrated.
    Do they only accept orders with no form of communication?
    Anyone know any other way of contacting them?
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl70 View Post

Frustrated.
    They will always get back to you in my experience. It does take a day or two sometimes though

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Is the Futures End omnibus worth picking up or nah?
    Is this the collection of Futures End single issues? If so, no. Unless you're a hardcore N52 completionist, or absolutely love Elseworlds. Its simply not worth it

Omega Men worth picking up only on the basis of being a Kyle Rayner fan?

I've also been tempted by Superman/Batman by Loeb. Are the two collections worth picking up?

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    Omega Men worth picking up only on the basis of being a Kyle Rayner fan?

I've also been tempted by Superman/Batman by Loeb. Are the two collections worth picking up?
    In my opinion, Omega Men is heavily over hyped and talked about. Its a good story, but I don't find it nearly as groundbreaking as everyone makes it seem. Its interesting and for a Kyle Rayner fan, I'd say its worth reading, if only because he's completely absent presently and in any other title.

Loeb's S/B is a pretty solid run. The juxtaposition between the two characters are amazing, the plot is neat, and they have tons of new printings of the story. And theyre both adapted into animated films. If you've seen the films and liked them, you'll love the book more.

Anyone think the Showcase Presents Batman and Superman books will EVER get printed as Omni's?

I've been selling off all my B&W Showcase Presents, (still have a few if anyone is interested), because I just can't read them anymore.
    I've been TOTALLY SPOILED by my Omnibus and Deluxe Edition books that I just can't get fired up to go read them.
    And I LOVE the Golden Age Omni's of Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman, but really need some Silver's Omni's to go with it so I can continue reading.
    Do you have Batman volumes 4 or 5? They're OOP and worth more than their cover price. If you aren't enjoying them, it'd make sense to sell them off for a profit. I just found a vol 5 for a good price but still don't have vol 4.

The fact that people have hoarded up and price jacked books of such low quality astounds me.
    Last edited by Pohzee; 11-10-2016 at 04:39 PM.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Incredible Member

Anyone think the Showcase Presents Batman and Superman books will EVER get printed as Omni's?

I've been selling off all my B&W Showcase Presents, (still have a few if anyone is interested), because I just can't read them anymore.
    I've been TOTALLY SPOILED by my Omnibus and Deluxe Edition books that I just can't get fired up to go read them.
    And I LOVE the Golden Age Omni's of Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman, but really need some Silver's Omni's to go with it so I can continue reading.
    I still have my Batman Showcase volumes as some of that stuff hasn't ever been reprinted, but yeah the Omni's just look so good with shiny paper and you have good chunks of material all in one book.

I wish DC had the Marvel equivalent of their Epic line that way DC wouldn't have to print everything chronologically but be free to skip different eras.

Spectacular Member Master Destructo's Avatar

I noticed that the LOTDK: Breyfogle Vol. 2 has disappeared from Amazon. I hope we'll get a Breyfogle Omnibus instead. I always buy these LOTDK and Tales of the Batman books, but I wish DC would retire the format completely. I'd much rather have this material in Omnibus or Deluxe form.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Master Destructo View Post
    I noticed that the LOTDK: Breyfogle Vol. 2 has disappeared from Amazon. I hope we'll get a Breyfogle Omnibus instead. I always buy these LOTDK and Tales of the Batman books, but I wish DC would retire the format completely. I'd much rather have this material in Omnibus or Deluxe form.
    I have Vol. 1 and was planning on picking up Vol. 2 but TBH, I would really prefer to have this in Omni format also.

Amazing Member Orf with his head's Avatar

It's still available on Amazon Uk and speedyhen

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Legends-Dar...eyfogle+batman

http://www.speedyhen.com/Product/Nor...ume-2/20594634

I hope it doesn't get cancelled as I really want this.

Quote Originally Posted by NightwingIvI View Post
    Do you have Batman volumes 4 or 5? They're OOP and worth more than their cover price. If you aren't enjoying them, it'd make sense to sell them off for a profit. I just found a vol 5 for a good price but still don't have vol 4.

The fact that people have hoarded up and price jacked books of such low quality astounds me.
    I have Teen Titans 1 and 2, The Brave and the Bolds 1-3, Some of the Justice Leagues, Green Lantern's, and Flash's (at work, can't remember which at the moment).
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    They will always get back to you in my experience. It does take a day or two sometimes though
    Still waiting. I've sent a 3rd email last night around 10pm.
    No replies.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Frustrated.
    Emily is usually the one to respond when I've had inquiries. Since I recall her name it's evident I've sent a few emails to them.
    I concur it can take up to a day or so depending on what's happening. They are a much smaller operation than you'd think.

Someone Google mapped the warehouse/shop and for their web presence you might think it's a 50 person operation. It's not, give them a bit.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Emily is usually the one to respond when I've had inquiries. Since I recall her name it's evident I've sent a few emails to them.
    I concur it can take up to a day or so depending on what's happening. They are a much smaller operation than you'd think.

Someone Google mapped the warehouse/shop and for their web presence you might think it's a 50 person operation. It's not, give them a bit.
    They probably have a small team for customer support then. I agree they've replied but it does take maybe half a week.

Mighty Member

Still waiting. I've sent a 3rd email last night around 10pm.
    No replies.
    Holiday may have a role in this as well.