View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 735 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 2356356857257317327337347357367377387397457858351235 ... LastLast
Results 11,011 to 11,025 of 21672

Speaking of IST, I'm getting my Holiday order ready. Anything I should definitely grab? Someone mentioned Hulk by Peter David (gotta get Supergirl as well). Anyone here a Man-Thing fan? I'm a big Swamp Thing fan and I was wondering how the other series holds up.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Speaking of IST, I'm getting my Holiday order ready. Anything I should definitely grab? Someone mentioned Hulk by Peter David (gotta get Supergirl as well). Anyone here a Man-Thing fan? I'm a big Swamp Thing fan and I was wondering how the other series holds up.
    I mentioned the PD Hulk.
    If you can get Alan Moore ST, they're brilliant. Also, the Millar stuff is collected. Brian K Vaughn did a great run that was highly underrated that featured Tefe. Also Synder's OHC is good.
    Man-Thing doesn't stand the test of time. IMO.
    My local comic shop had a half off tpb the other day and I went on a Mark Millar binge - MPH, Chrononauts, Starlight, the Jupiter stuff, etc. All brilliant and fun.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl70 View Post
    Still waiting. I've sent a 3rd email last night around 10pm.
    No replies.
    They once didn't get back to me in over a week after a couple of emails regarding a damaged book, so I sent them an email from my other email address (gmail) and Emily replied immediately stating that she'd emailed me several times but hadn't got a reply from me and therefore decided to give me a full refund.

Maybe try sending from your husband's email address or from an alternate one. They will get back to you eventually.

Btw, IST's customer service is very very good and their packaging is amazing. Probably the best I know alongside a local comics web retailer (atomcomics.pl) I use. Out of 10 IST orders, I only once had damaged goods for which I received a refund and first rate service.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I mentioned the PD Hulk.
    If you can get Alan Moore ST, they're brilliant. Also, the Millar stuff is collected. Brian K Vaughn did a great run that was highly underrated that featured Tefe. Also Synder's OHC is good.
    Man-Thing doesn't stand the test of time. IMO.
    My local comic shop had a half off tpb the other day and I went on a Mark Millar binge - MPH, Chrononauts, Starlight, the Jupiter stuff, etc. All brilliant and fun.
    Poor Man-Thing

That's odd, I've always heard the BKV Swamp Thing was horrible. Then again I just finished Doug Wheeler's run and it wasn't that bad. Better than Pasko's run.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    They once didn't get back to me in over a week after a couple of emails regarding a damaged book, so I sent them an email from my other email address (gmail) and Emily replied immediately stating that she'd emailed me several times but hadn't got a reply from me and therefore decided to give me a full refund.

Maybe try sending from your husband's email address or from an alternate one. They will get back to you eventually.

Btw, IST's customer service is very very good and their packaging is amazing. Probably the best I know alongside a local comics web retailer (atomcomics.pl) I use. Out of 10 IST orders, I only once had damaged goods for which I received a refund and first rate service.
    Good News!!!! Emily with IST did get back with me after 3 days. She handled the problem I was having in finishing off my order and made it right! I am very satisfied and happy with the results! A+ for them!
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

Good News!!!! Emily with IST did get back with me after 3 days. She handled the problem I was having in finishing off my order and made it right! I am very satisfied and happy with the results! A+ for them!
    Thats great news. Are you going to place a holiday order for their post a thanksgiving day sale?

It also looks like that Flash omnibus is up for ordering, at 49.99/50% upon release. Pretty good bargain if Flash fans.

They can be a little slow sometimes, but they literally have some of the best customer service I've ever experienced. Can't recommend them enough

Thats great news. Are you going to place a holiday order for their post a thanksgiving day sale?

It also looks like that Flash omnibus is up for ordering, at 49.99/50% upon release. Pretty good bargain if Flash fans.
    Mine should be in the mail from amazon in the next day or two, locked it in super cheap a few months back when it was originally listed for 75

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    They can be a little slow sometimes, but they literally have some of the best customer service I've ever experienced. Can't recommend them enough

Mine should be in the mail from amazon in the next day or two, locked it in super cheap a few months back when it was originally listed for 75
    But there was that mishaps about it being the Unwrapped book
    Cursed Amazon...

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Ehhhh. I wouldn't say it's worth 50 bucks.
    Cyclops was right

What can you share about their post thanksgiving sale?
    What flash omnibus???
    Sorry, been out of the loop the last month. We've had a death in the family.
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1

Cursed Amazon...
    What flash omnibus???
    Im sorry to hear that. :'(

The Flash omnibus of the N52, by Buccellato and Manipulate. Its issues 0-25, and put tomorrow. IST hasn't released its sale details, but I know they have good savings every year after the holiday, so keep your eyes open here and I'm sure the Good Deals Thread will be a go to place as well.

Cursed Amazon...
    I saw that. I keep checking the isbn numbers and everything. So far, so good. I can only hope...

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

That's great news.

What flash omnibus???
    Sorry to hear of your loss.

Im sorry to hear that. :'(

The Flash omnibus of the N52, by Buccellato and Manipulate. Its issues 0-25, and put tomorrow. IST hasn't released its sale details, but I know they have good savings every year after the holiday, so keep your eyes open here and I'm sure the Good Deals Thread will be a go to place as well.
    Thank you Vilynne.
    From my recent order that was fixed, I got another extra 2% off my next IST order until Saturday night, so it looks like I need to buy something again, so I can get another 2% to carry over thru Thanksgiving, then.
    I'm trying to get back into the flow of things and get my mind preoccupied with positive thoughts, (I had been visiting this site about 3x a day), and the Good Deals thread is indeed awesome! In fact, so is this place in general!

Incredible Member

My copy of Absolute Year One arrived yesterday. I don't like the look of the faux-reproduction volume at all to be honest, everything looks fuzzy and washed out, I do really appreciate the inclusion of the relevant letters columns for each issue though gives a great sense of how people reacted to what is now considered an all time classic Batman story as it was coming out.