View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 738 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 2386386887287347357367377387397407417427487888381238 ... LastLast
Results 11,056 to 11,070 of 21672

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    "Books"?? Did the second volume come out and I missed it...???
    I assumed they had released another...my bad!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    I assumed they had released another...my bad!
    Maybe they'll just solicit an Omnibus instead of a 2nd volume, then cancel that too!

Quote Originally Posted by Thesanmich View Post
    I don't know they just don't adopt OHC as the standard hardcover format. Marvel doesn't even have premiere standard trim hc's anymore
    Marvel still has premiere standard trim HCs. I believe Aaron's Doctor Strange, Aaron's Thor, and Bendis' Iron Man books are all making the standard HC cut still. But it is almost non-existent at this point. It seems like they gave up on that part-way through the Marvel Now stuff.

Fantastic Member The Flicker Fade's Avatar

I don't know they just don't adopt OHC as the standard hardcover format. Marvel doesn't even have premiere standard trim hc's anymore
    Unfortunately they do, and they're useless, and all they do is delay the trade from coming out making it really hard to keep up if you're a trade reader and want to read multiple series simultaneously (also necessary because of crossovers and such). I haven't met any collector who will say they want them to exist or who would miss them if they were gone, and I usually find piles of them at HPBs that were obviously dumped as overstock. I can't begin to comprehend why Marvel (or DC) still prints them.

Quote Originally Posted by The Flicker Fade View Post
    Unfortunately they do, and they're useless, and all they do is delay the trade from coming out making it really hard to keep up if you're a trade reader and want to read multiple series simultaneously (also necessary because of crossovers and such). I haven't met any collector who will say they want them to exist or who would miss them if they were gone, and I usually find piles of them at HPBs that were obviously dumped as overstock. I can't begin to comprehend why Marvel (or DC) still prints them.
    Yeah trade waiting for Marvel is horrid. I don't know this from personal experience as I don't buy Marvel trades, but from the people on here who do. I know DC tends to have less of a time gap between hc and trade but it would just make things so much easier if both companies did away with them. I do notice more series going straight to trade which is good.
    IMO I feel like the industry would benefit from stopping standard trim hc's and single issues altogether. Digital is the future and would remain for people who want their weekly/monthly fix, trades for the majority of people who just want to read them collected, and oversized for collectors. IDK any casual reader or collector who'd prefer a standard trim over a trade or OHC...

Yeah trade waiting for Marvel is horrid. I don't know this from personal experience as I don't buy Marvel trades, but from the people on here who do. I know DC tends to have less of a time gap between hc and trade but it would just make things so much easier if both companies did away with them. I do notice more series going straight to trade which is good.
    IMO I feel like the industry would benefit from stopping standard trim hc's and single issues altogether. Digital is the future and would remain for people who want their weekly/monthly fix, trades for the majority of people who just want to read them collected, and oversized for collectors. IDK any casual reader or collector who'd prefer a standard trim over a trade or OHC...
    oh you would be surprised how many people still say floppies are the real comics and everything else is heresy. Or some stuff shouldn't be oversized because it means a higher price and that particular book doesn't worth the price for them. Or lots of casual readers have no idea what a trade is.
    Also lots of people buy the 6 issue trades when it's actually affordable so more like Image stuff, not Marvel. My LCS's owner just complained that she can't stock hardcovers because people are more likely to buy the 6 issue trades eve though it's not the cheapest option in the long run (she doesn't sell floppies though).

Sentinel of Liberty WinterSoldier76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    oh you would be surprised how many people still say floppies are the real comics and everything else is heresy. Or some stuff shouldn't be oversized because it means a higher price and that particular book doesn't worth the price for them. Or lots of casual readers have no idea what a trade is.
    Also lots of people buy the 6 issue trades when it's actually affordable so more like Image stuff, not Marvel. My LCS's owner just complained that she can't stock hardcovers because people are more likely to buy the 6 issue trades eve though it's not the cheapest option in the long run (she doesn't sell floppies though).
    A comic shop that doesn't sell comics (aka floppies)?!?!? That's bananas!

Quote Originally Posted by WinterSoldier76 View Post
    I have a shop in the city that does not get new trades. All the trades they have are used, and they're never anything you want. Its Cry for Justice level material.

Quote Originally Posted by WinterSoldier76 View Post
    Wow!!!! I thought ALL comic shops carried Floppies??? I thought that's what made a comic book store a comic book store???
    DISCLAIMER (I've never been in an actual Comic Book store only. Nothing close to my town).
    But still.... Wow!
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

QUESTION?

What makes DC decide if there is going to be an OMNIBUS made of a particular collection?

I've been organizing a couple small collections for Dick Grayson to help me create and send off my own hardcovers.
    I'm looking at maybe doubling what I'm going to send him now with stuff I already have.

But... for future reference, when TPB collections such as Nightwing by Chuck Dixon, Robin also by Chuck D, Supergirl by Peter David, etc etc, (all pre-NEW52), finish coming out, I'm wondering if they will ever be made into Omni's?
    What qualifies what to be made into an Omni?
    Last edited by Hawkgirl_70; 11-21-2016 at 10:21 AM.
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl70 View Post
    QUESTION?

What makes DC decide if there is going to be an OMNIBUS made of a particular collection?

I've been organizing a couple small collections for Dick Grayson to help me create and send off my own hardcovers.
    I'm looking at maybe doubling what I'm going to send him now with stuff I already have.

But... for future reference, when TPB collections such as Nightwing by Chuck Dixon, Robin also by Chuck D, Supergirl by Peter David, etc etc, (all pre-NEW52), finish coming out, I'm wondering if they will ever be made into Omni's?
    What qualifies what to be made into an Omni?
    If it's got Geoff Johns' name on it. After that Grant Morrison gets collected and then your guess is as good as ours.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    If it's got Geoff Johns' name on it. After that Grant Morrison gets collected and then your guess is as good as ours.
    So I guess its safe to say my lesser known collections won't ever be made into Omni's? (Unless I get my homegrown ones created).

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

So I guess its safe to say my lesser known collections won't ever be made into Omni's? (Unless I get my homegrown ones created).
    Who knows? Sometime some weird stuff gets put out, like Dial H or the Silver Age Suicide Squad. For the most part, nothing is likely and nothing is off the table.
    Cyclops was right

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

DC seems to have started going chronologically for the Trinity - so anything worth reading should be along in about 27 years (yes, I'm being funny, some of the Golden Age stuff is alright.....maybe).

Anything outside the big three is just name value of creator - Johns/Morrison - and after that, as other's said, it's total and complete guess work with no particular rhyme or reason
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Also, anything with a TV show or movie coming out will probably have something big related. For example, I'm sure that Perez Wonder Woman Omnibus v.2 will be released before the WW film. I wouldn't be surprised if Morrison's JLA run will have an omni format when the JL film is released. Things like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Also, anything with a TV show or movie coming out will probably have something big related. For example, I'm sure that Perez Wonder Woman Omnibus v.2 will be released before the WW film. I wouldn't be surprised if Morrison's JLA run will have an omni format when the JL film is released. Things like that.
    That figures, after I'm trying to finish up collecting the JLA Deluxe TPB format of it.
    That wouldn't make me mad though, as I'm going to have those custom bound too eventually.