View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 739 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 2396396897297357367377387397407417427437497898391239 ... LastLast
Results 11,071 to 11,085 of 21670

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    DC seems to have started going chronologically for the Trinity - so anything worth reading should be along in about 27 years (yes, I'm being funny, some of the Golden Age stuff is alright.....maybe).

Anything outside the big three is just name value of creator - Johns/Morrison - and after that, as other's said, it's total and complete guess work with no particular rhyme or reason
    I LOLed out loud on that one! Since I've been buying and collecting hardcore this past year, it seems like a lot of collections I need to finish in TPB, are taking forever to release! Like once a year or every 6 months.
    Come on DC! I want to finish out some of my collecting before I go into the nursing home!
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl70 View Post
    So I guess its safe to say my lesser known collections won't ever be made into Omni's? (Unless I get my homegrown ones created).
    I went the custom route with a ton of series due to DCs lack of hardcover reprints. You can just great your own omni line, I have a running Dick Grayson omni that is closing in on 30 volumes.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    I went the custom route with a ton of series due to DCs lack of hardcover reprints. You can just great(create?) your own omni line, I have a running Dick Grayson omni that is closing in on 30 volumes.
    Is this from his time in the Titans forward? Can you post a pic with some details about what's included?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Is this from his time in the Titans forward? Can you post a pic with some details about what's included?
    I just sent him a PM asking for details too. That collection just sounds incredible and awesome!!!
    Very cool!
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1

Quote Originally Posted by WinterSoldier76 View Post
    A comic shop that doesn't sell comics (aka floppies)?!?!? That's bananas!
    Since trades contain comics aka the actual drawings with words they technically sell comics. But the reality is that there is an ancient and depressing shop right next to it which is your typical old school dungeon shop with basically only back issues over flowing onto the floor. And it's called Black hole. Fitting name.
    I think the 2 shops had an agreement that the newer one only sell collected editions and merch but not floppies. But since her main audience is university students and casual readers she wouldn't really sell floppies anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I did a pre-crisis volume 0 that had a couple of Batman Chronicles, Blackcase Book, and a Showcase Presents volume. The next volume is just kind of a random collection of newer tales that showed him when he was Robin such as Robin Year One and some Legends of the Dark Knight stuff. Then it goes into Teen Titans stuff from Wolfman and every now and then plug in some Batman issues from that period with Jason becoming Robin and also his death. Next was Prodigal his first go as Batman then it jumped into Nightwing solo with random mixing of other books he popped up in during that era. Then it goes into Titans and Outsider team books followed by his run as Batman and his time in JLA. New 52 was next, and soon I am sending off Grayson and B&R Etnernal to be volumes 27 and 28. So with the 0 volume I will hit 29 and just wait for Titans and Nightwing to build up enough again for future volumes. I can post pictures later, I have yet to take pictures of the full set.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    I did a pre-crisis volume 0 that had a couple of Batman Chronicles, Blackcase Book, and a Showcase Presents volume. The next volume is just kind of a random collection of newer tales that showed him when he was Robin such as Robin Year One and some Legends of the Dark Knight stuff. Then it goes into Teen Titans stuff from Wolfman and every now and then plug in some Batman issues from that period with Jason becoming Robin and also his death. Next was Prodigal his first go as Batman then it jumped into Nightwing solo with random mixing of other books he popped up in during that era. Then it goes into Titans and Outsider team books followed by his run as Batman and his time in JLA. New 52 was next, and soon I am sending off Grayson and B&R Etnernal to be volumes 27 and 28. So with the 0 volume I will hit 29 and just wait for Titans and Nightwing to build up enough again for future volumes. I can post pictures later, I have yet to take pictures of the full set.
    Forgot to ask you... what's your average page count on your hardcovers?

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl70 View Post
    Forgot to ask you... what's your average page count on your hardcovers?
    I got no idea at all on page count some are bigger then others, but do not keep track of it. Usually just whatever CBP suggest, outside of some minor request I try to let him do his thing. All the books I got fit great next to the regular DC books. I have the Fourth World paperbacks recovered as HC and they look the exact same as the other DC Kirby hardcovers cannot even tell the difference he does great work.

New deets on the Zatanna trade

ZATANNA #1-16, ZATANNA: EVERYDAY MAGIC #1 and stories from the DC INFINITE HALLOWEEN SPECIAL #1 and the DC UNIVERSE REBIRTH HOLIDAY SPECIAL #1.

And WW Omni v.2

collects WONDER WOMAN #25-45 and ANNUAL #2.
    On sale MAY 10 • 552 pg, FC, $99.99 US

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post

ZATANNA #1-16, ZATANNA: EVERYDAY MAGIC #1 and stories from the DC INFINITE HALLOWEEN SPECIAL #1 and the DC UNIVERSE REBIRTH HOLIDAY SPECIAL #1.

And WW Omni v.2

Any price point on the Zatanna book?

And looks like there is going to be a third omnibus of WW Perez, judging by that collection

And WW Omni v.2

That is great really enjoyed that Zatanna run Dini did.

Grayson omnibus books.
    image1 (1).jpg
    image2 (1).jpg

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Any price point on the Zatanna book?

And looks like there is going to be a third omnibus of WW Perez, judging by that collection
    The Zatanna by Paul Dini TPB (I wonder why they included issues by other writers, by the way) will cost US$ 39.99. And since there are only 17 Wonder Woman issues by Pérez left to collect, I'm guessing there's a good chance War of the Gods #1-4 will be included in the third omnibus.

Quote Originally Posted by Starro View Post
    The Zatanna by Paul Dini TPB (I wonder why they included issues by other writers, by the way) will cost US$ 39.99. And since there are only 17 Wonder Woman issues by Pérez left to collect, I'm guessing there's a good chance War of the Gods #1-4 will be included in the third omnibus.
    Nooooo, the double dipping! Curse you DC!!!

I see after I just bought the Hawkman Omnibus over the weekend for $70, they are coming out with the TPB of the nearly first half this June for only $15!!!
    Assuming they will make a 2nd trade at the same price, and leave out the redundant JSA issues that are also in the JSA Vol 2 Omni, I blew this purchase!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1401272908...ing=UTF8&psc=1

I could have bought the 2 chunky TPB's next year in 2017 and have Dick Grayson bind them later in my 2017 Christmas Multiple Binding Haul and had it put together the way I wanted it.

Also, anything with a TV show or movie coming out will probably have something big related. For example, I'm sure that Perez Wonder Woman Omnibus v.2 will be released before the WW film. I wouldn't be surprised if Morrison's JLA run will have an omni format when the JL film is released. Things like that.
    Or a Geoff Johns' new 52 omnibus of the Justice League since they're trying to promote Cyborg and he's not in Morrison's run. Either way, it might take two volumes or one huge one.