View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 740 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 2406406907307367377387397407417427437447507908401240 ... LastLast
Results 11,086 to 11,100 of 21671

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl70 View Post
    I see after I just bought the Hawkman Omnibus over the weekend for $70, they are coming out with the TPB of the nearly first half this June for only $15!!!
    Assuming they will make a 2nd trade at the same price, and leave out the redundant JSA issues that are also in the JSA Vol 2 Omni, I blew this purchase!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1401272908...ing=UTF8&psc=1

I could have bought the 2 chunky TPB's next year in 2017 and have Dick Grayson bind them later in my 2017 Christmas Multiple Binding Haul and had it put together the way I wanted it.
    But don't you prefer prefer he touch and feel of Omni's?

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Or a Geoff Johns' new 52 omnibus of the Justice League since they're trying to promote Cyborg and he's not in Morrison's run. Either way, it might take two volumes or one huge one.
    I'd be into that.

But I'd be down for the Morrison JLA even more. In fact, I'd be down with a 3-4 omnibus book collection of all of JLA and the related material(Year One, JL Elite, other tie ins/one shots).

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    I'd be into that.

But I'd be down for the Morrison JLA even more. In fact, I'd be down with a 3-4 omnibus book collection of all of JLA and the related material(Year One, JL Elite, other tie ins/one shots).
    Can they have the spines that make a sweet JL image?!

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    But don't you prefer prefer he touch and feel of Omni's?
    Oh heck yeah, of course I love my Omni's.
    Just hate i had to overpay to get it plus the last 1/3 is redundant with some issues in JSA #2 omni.
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl70 View Post
    Oh heck yeah, of course I love my Omni's.
    Just hate i had to overpay to get it plus the last 1/3 is redundant with some issues in JSA #2 omni.
    Understandable. Speaking of over paying, anyone seeing any holiday sales yet?

I'd be into that.

Yeah, definitely.

Really hoping they do JLA next year in omnibus form. Did anything Absolute or Omnibus come out for Morrison this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    Really hoping they do JLA next year in omnibus form. Did anything Absolute or Omnibus come out for Morrison this year?
    Multiversity I think.

Can they have the spines that make a sweet JL image?!
    That would be even better. But who would we get though? Hmmm Bryan Hitch?

Understandable. Speaking of over paying, anyone seeing any holiday sales yet?
    TFAW launched their's last week. I bought....a lot. Mostly Indie though. IST has their's up as well, nothing super exciting. CGN is supposed to start their's Wednesday night

Multiversity I think.
    Multiversity was a deluxe, but same thing basically

That would be even better. But who would we get though? Hmmm Bryan Hitch?
    Probably... Either him of Fabok. Although I'd prefer something strange and odd...simple. Like a Chaing or Jae Lee (yes, I love Jae Lee)

TFAW launched their's last week. I bought....a lot. Mostly Indie though. IST has their's up as well, nothing super exciting. CGN is supposed to start their's Wednesday night

Multiversity was a deluxe, but same thing basically
    Time to take a look. Thanks for the heads up. I'll probably just buy things I've been putting off. Peter Davids Hulk and Supergirl, is on the top of the list.

Sentinel of Liberty WinterSoldier76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Since trades contain comics aka the actual drawings with words they technically sell comics. But the reality is that there is an ancient and depressing shop right next to it which is your typical old school dungeon shop with basically only back issues over flowing onto the floor. And it's called Black hole. Fitting name.
    I think the 2 shops had an agreement that the newer one only sell collected editions and merch but not floppies. But since her main audience is university students and casual readers she wouldn't really sell floppies anyway
    One person's "ancient and depressing" is another's "HELL M'F'n YEAH!!!"

...but realistically I only buy new floppies, and double dip if/when they're released as OHC or Omnibus Editions. At this point I only pull single issues for the included digital codes. Unfortunately I didn't get to visit any LCS's whilst passing through Dundee. Otherwise I had a lovely time in your great city!

Time to take a look. Thanks for the heads up. I'll probably just buy things I've been putting off. Peter Davids Hulk and Supergirl, is on the top of the list.
    If you buy through TFAW, sign up for the newsletter for free shipping. They have some good deals on trades

If you buy through TFAW, sign up for the newsletter for free shipping. They have some good deals on trades
    Im looking there now. Not a whole lot of DC trades I dig/I already have. That Snyder ST deluxe is a fantastic deal.