View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 741 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 2416416917317377387397407417427437447457517918411241 ... LastLast
Results 11,101 to 11,115 of 21672

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    TFAW launched their's last week. I bought....a lot. Mostly Indie though. IST has their's up as well, nothing super exciting. CGN is supposed to start their's Wednesday night

Multiversity was a deluxe, but same thing basically

What is TFAW and CGN?
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl70 View Post
    What is TFAW and CGN?
    Cheap Graphic Novels similar to IST

Boy, looking at the Marvel trades at TFAW remind me how great some series were, and how bad some got....Uncanny Avengers/Axis...coughcough.

Overall there isn't a whole lot I dig. I'll look again later, but yeah...I'm thinking I'm going to play catch up.

What is TFAW and CGN?
    CGN is cheap grahic novels and while lots of people using them there are a number of folks who complain about their costumer service and return policy, also books tend to get damaged more than with IST. Not amazon level just more than IST.
    TFAW is Things from another world, they are an LCS chain and quite reliable both packaging and service wise. I've used them a number of times in the past, only thing I don't like is their silly shipping charges to Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by WinterSoldier76 View Post
    One person's "ancient and depressing" is another's "HELL M'F'n YEAH!!!"

...but realistically I only buy new floppies, and double dip if/when they're released as OHC or Omnibus Editions. At this point I only pull single issues for the included digital codes. Unfortunately I didn't get to visit any LCS's whilst passing through Dundee. Otherwise I had a lovely time in your great city!
    nah seriously, Black hole as far as I can tell barely have any gems and can't imagine anyone want to pick up his precious back issues from the floor.
    I understand some folks still love floppies but isn't it much better when you just leaf through rows of organised long boxes?

I'd be into that.

But I'd be down for the Morrison JLA even more. In fact, I'd be down with a 3-4 omnibus book collection of all of JLA and the related material(Year One, JL Elite, other tie ins/one shots).
    This would be awesome. I was hesitant going the deluxe route for Morrison's JLA because it skipped out on the Waid issues. It would be great if they did a set collecting the whole run.

Quote Originally Posted by Thesanmich View Post
    This would be awesome. I was hesitant going the deluxe route for Morrison's JLA because it skipped out on the Waid issues. It would be great if they did a set collecting the whole run.
    They really need to bring JLA back to its former greatness in general and make it the tent pole of the DC universe, in my opinion, much like how Marvel did with the launch of Bendis' New Avengers over 10 years ago.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    Grayson omnibus books.
    Attachment 41832
    Attachment 41833
    These look fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    CGN is cheap grahic novels and while lots of people using them there are a number of folks who complain about their costumer service and return policy, also books tend to get damaged more than with IST. Not amazon level just more than IST.
    TFAW is Things from another world, they are an LCS chain and quite reliable both packaging and service wise. I've used them a number of times in the past, only thing I don't like is their silly shipping charges to Europe.
    I only ordered once from TFAW, and yes great packaging but shipping to Europe very high. Nothing on their current sale to convince me to fork out for the shipping.

They really need to bring JLA back to its former greatness in general and make it the tent pole of the DC universe, in my opinion, much like how Marvel did with the launch of Bendis' New Avengers over 10 years ago.
    Foreal. I can name like 7 different Avengers runs off the top of my head that are considered groundbreaking and game changers. I can barely think of 2 with JL. Johns did a great job with his run, but it should've been at the center of the universe instead of being it's own standalone story. BTW, that Bendis Avengers run needs it's own 5 omnibus line as well. They could continue where they left off and combine it with Mighty Avengers, Heroic Age Avengers, and the Bendis crossovers.

If you buy through TFAW, sign up for the newsletter for free shipping. They have some good deals on trades
    Just signed up for the newsletter and got my free shipping w/$30 order.
    Also see several TPB's I need to help in completing some collections.
    Is this free shipping offer a 1 time only forever offer just for signing up? Or do they offer it again at special times of the year?
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

Is this free shipping offer a 1 time only forever offer just for signing up? Or do they offer it again at special times of the year?
    What are you planning on ordering?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I did a pre-crisis volume 0 that had a couple of Batman Chronicles, Blackcase Book, and a Showcase Presents volume. The next volume is just kind of a random collection of newer tales that showed him when he was Robin such as Robin Year One and some Legends of the Dark Knight stuff. Then it goes into Teen Titans stuff from Wolfman and every now and then plug in some Batman issues from that period with Jason becoming Robin and also his death. Next was Prodigal his first go as Batman then it jumped into Nightwing solo with random mixing of other books he popped up in during that era. Then it goes into Titans and Outsider team books followed by his run as Batman and his time in JLA. New 52 was next, and soon I am sending off Grayson and B&R Etnernal to be volumes 27 and 28. So with the 0 volume I will hit 29 and just wait for Titans and Nightwing to build up enough again for future volumes. I can post pictures later, I have yet to take pictures of the full set.
    Grayson omnibus books.
    Attachment 41832
    Attachment 41833
    Bravo, sir, bravo!! Those look great! Thanks for providing a look at them!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

It's a one time offer, but they offer it at other point in the year. It's not like IST where it's free shipping over 50 all the time

SUPERMAN: THE GOLDEN AGE OMNIBUS VOL. 4 Cover by Darwyn Cooke:

Collecting tales from Action COMICS #66-85, Superman #25-33 and World’s Finest Comics #11-17

WONDER WOMAN BY GEORGE PEREZ OMNIBUS VOL. 2 Cover by CHRIS MARRINAN and GEORGE PEREZ:

Collects WONDER WOMAN #25-45 and ANNUAL #2