View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 744 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 2446446947347407417427437447457467477487547948441244 ... LastLast
Results 11,146 to 11,160 of 21672
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by RIPLynott View Post
    Does anyone know if the Rebirth omnibus is just a bunch of 1 issues? Or does it contain the event and relevant leadup? Im contemplating whether to buy the deluxe for Rebirth or the omni. Thanks!
    Its just the Rebirth one shots for the various on going series, half of which don't work as stand alone stories and almost none of them really tie together an overarching story.

I think I read they had even taken the Rebirth special, out of the omnibus so I wouldn't bother.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    Its just the Rebirth one shots for the various on going series, half of which don't work as stand alone stories and almost none of them really tie together an overarching story.

I think I read they had even taken the Rebirth special, out of the omnibus so I wouldn't bother.
    Wow thats dumb, thanks for the heads up

Quote Originally Posted by RIPLynott View Post
    Wow thats dumb, thanks for the heads up
    DC has been doing that every year though. Although I'm wondering why Convergence did not receive an Omnibus. Probably due to low ..low...low sales

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    DC has been doing that every year though. Although I'm wondering why Convergence did not receive an Omnibus. Probably due to low ..low...low sales
    I would actually be interested in this

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    I would actually be interested in this
    In a complete Convergence Omni!? Woah! Would you want just the 2 issues of each series, or the mini series main story arc as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    In a complete Convergence Omni!? Woah! Would you want just the 2 issues of each series, or the mini series main story arc as well?
    I don't know. To be honest, I'm not completely up to date on how many issues/tie ins there were, or how they relate to one another and the event itself. I just know that the Superman/Lois and Clark issues are pretty important to the current Superman story arcs

But I'd be interested. I'm also surprised we haven't gotten a Flashpoint omnibus either

I don't know. To be honest, I'm not completely up to date on how many issues/tie ins there were, or how they relate to one another and the event itself. I just know that the Superman/Lois and Clark issues are pretty important to the current Superman story arcs

But I'd be interested. I'm also surprised we haven't gotten a Flashpoint omnibus either
    That's true! A lot of the tie ins for Convergence were irrelevant. Mostly a little love letter to fans of the pre-N52 era.

Fantastic Member The Flicker Fade's Avatar

Just finished reading Geoff Johns's Aquaman.

I take back every shitty thing I ever said about Aquaman.

Should I buy CoIE in order to prepare myself for Mark Waid Flash?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I say the only legit thing of these two is the MMW rule since apparently DC doesn't need neccessarily need a movie to release omnibuses or at least in case of Bats and Supes. So similarly with the best seller Marvel ones like Spidey or X books I don't think they should need a movie.
    With MMWs I'm pretty sure both the Spidey and X stuff is ready up till a volume 5 omnibus, probably F4 too.
    Also didn't Marvel started the whole archive thing with the MMWs like waaaay back in the late 80's and DC started the Archives after them? So DC is ahead of them with the archive book apparently as well since they have the material ready for vlume 4s already.
    I know it's inevitable but I think directly comparing the progress of the DC Archives and the Marvel Masterworks doesn't make sense because of their divergent trajectories. The DC Archives line has been cancelled so I think the Masterworks now outnumber the Archives. The MMW line was cancelled twice before the current relaunch in 2003 but Marvel seemed to have found a steady core level of buyers and the line will probably continue for several years more now. In any case if you look at other Marvel/DC publications we know they each have different criteria for publication e.g. compare and contrast their digital strategies for classic comics or the amount of restoration work Marvel puts into the Masterworks vs what DC does with the Archives (and now omnibuses). That's before even taking into account their different profit levels and pricing strategies.

I agree that the omnibuses shouldn't need a movie to be released if the material has already been restored but maybe they've found that sales are best when they do this (it is a niche audience after all!). Regardless, over on the MMW boards Cory Sedlmeier (editor of the MMW line) all but admitted that the Silver Age omnibuses are only released when they coincide with a movie:

http://marvelmasterworksfansite.yuku...E#reply-906776

If you scroll down the thread you'll also find a list of Marvel movies and their corresponding omnibuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandbagger77 View Post
    I know it's inevitable but I think directly comparing the progress of the DC Archives and the Marvel Masterworks doesn't make sense because of their divergent trajectories. The DC Archives line has been cancelled so I think the Masterworks now outnumber the Archives. The MMW line was cancelled twice before the current relaunch in 2003 but Marvel seemed to have found a steady core level of buyers and the line will probably continue for several years more now. In any case if you look at other Marvel/DC publications we know they each have different criteria for publication e.g. compare and contrast their digital strategies for classic comics or the amount of restoration work Marvel puts into the Masterworks vs what DC does with the Archives (and now omnibuses). That's before even taking into account their different profit levels and pricing strategies.

I agree that the omnibuses shouldn't need a movie to be released if the material has already been restored but maybe they've found that sales are best when they do this (it is a niche audience after all!). Regardless, over on the MMW boards Cory Sedlmeier (editor of the MMW line) all but admitted that the Silver Age omnibuses are only released when they coincide with a movie:

http://marvelmasterworksfansite.yuku...E#reply-906776

If you scroll down the thread you'll also find a list of Marvel movies and their corresponding omnibuses.
    oh no I believe that I'm jut syaing I really don't think omnibuses need movies to sell, as you said they're niche products so the costumer base is already there. I think DC's chunky trade releases that coincide with movies and tv series (for example: Batman Kinghtfall and No man's land) make more sense.

Yes. This was actually a good series and had some pretty cool spin-offs. It's just too bad what it led to.

Quote Originally Posted by The Flicker Fade View Post

I read this as floppies. Great series.
    I have still never read Peter David's run, and I like PD.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post

Not necessarily, but you should read it just in general.

Spectacular Member Cerd the nerd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl70 View Post
    Agree with you Judge! But if it will take until the end of 2018 to get to Superman in the 50's, how old will we be when they finally reach the Silver Age? Retirement facility? Nursing Home? My family will have to buy me a heavy duty walker that will hold a bag of Omnibus's.
    I find your posts interesting to read because you have so much ENTHUSIASM
    for this subject.

I am a bit more of a Marvel guy, ha ha, BUT if you have never read Alan Moore's run
    On Swamp Thing then you 'should' go out and get that run read it immediately.

With all its's flaws, it's one of 'the great comic runs'.
    Last edited by Cerd the nerd; 11-24-2016 at 06:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Not necessarily, but you should read it just in general.
    I would argue yes, actually.

I mean, you should read it regardless, it's the limited series to end all limited series. But there's also a story arc or two in Flash that heavily relies on your knowledge of CoIE and directly references it

Quote Originally Posted by The Flicker Fade View Post

You talked bad about the king of the Seven Seas?? :'(

I really enjoyed Jeff Parkers run that followed as well. Its pretty fun and has a lot of crazy ideas.