View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 746 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 2466466967367427437447457467477487497507567968461246 ... LastLast
Results 11,176 to 11,190 of 21662

Aquaman is going to be huge. The only part of the Justice League trailer I really didn't like was Aquaman because making him moody and drink a lot is stupidly cheap but people love that crap even if there's zero substance to any of it. I could be wrong, he may be great in the film but it's already a done deal as far as I'm concerned. Good news for people who want some collections though.

Partly why I'm still hoping for that long past rumoured Green Arrow prison film. (They should make him 50+ too. One and done great ageing vigilante movie similar to Grell's version.)

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    Aquaman is going to be huge. The only part of the Justice League trailer I really didn't like was Aquaman because making him moody and drink a lot is stupidly cheap but people love that crap even if there's zero substance to any of it. I could be wrong, he may be great in the film but it's already a done deal as far as I'm concerned. Good news for people who want some collections though.

Partly why I'm still hoping for that long past rumoured Green Arrow prison film. (They should make him 50+ too. One and done great ageing vigilante movie similar to Grell's version.)
    Aquaman is basically dark Thor in these movies from what I've seen. I will still take this over nothing. Always liked the character, just because he is under water doesn't mean he is lame. I mean the oceans and seas just cover 2 thirds of the planet, good luck getting from A to B if you piss him off. His only weakness is a crap writer.

Is there any precedent to the GA prison story in comics? I just don't see how it fits the character. And forget about a one and done movie. Everything is made for a franchise and 25 spin offs.

All they have to do is recolorize those Silver Age comics onto the nice, shiny, heavy paper and get em' printed!
    I've lightly read the 3 Showcase Presents of Aquaman but nothing beats the stories reprinted in the Omni's. Presentation is everything in my book, and it makes it much, more enjoyable to read that way in color!
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl70 View Post
    All they have to do is recolorize those Silver Age comics onto the nice, shiny, heavy paper and get em' printed!
    I've lightly read the 3 Showcase Presents of Aquaman but nothing beats the stories reprinted in the Omni's. Presentation is everything in my book, and it makes it much, more enjoyable to read that way in color!
    Speaking of colored Omni's...I wish DC would put out a colored Amethyst Omni. I'm sure there isn't enough of an audience for it. I mean if Swamp Things bronze age series couldn't get an omni published, what hope does Gemworld have? Still....it be nice

Just finished the Gotham central omni and was very impressed. But I have 2 questions. The book ends on a cliff hanger does Montoyas story continue else where? I cant see dc leaving this plot line unfinished.

And this was my first crime/ police procedural comic. Is there anything else like this in the dc universe? If not any recommendations in marvel or indie books?

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    Just finished the Gotham central omni and was very impressed. But I have 2 questions. The book ends on a cliff hanger does Montoyas story continue else where? I cant see dc leaving this plot line unfinished.

And this was my first crime/ police procedural comic. Is there anything else like this in the dc universe? If not any recommendations in marvel or indie books?
    Powers by Bendis. Also, Marvel is publishing an omnibus of his independent crime stories, which include Goldfish, etc. Highly recommended. Some of his earliest stuff.

I don't think these are spoilers but if so the SPOILER WARNING REGARDING THE CHARACTERS IN GOTHAM CENTRAL:

For Montoya's story read 52. It's a great story anyway (should read Infinite Crisis before that though). She becomes the new Question after the original dies. She even has a part in Final Crisis.

Crispus becomes the New Spectre after Hal comes back to life and the Spectre needs a new human host. Read something with him aaaages ago so my memories are foggy, can't remember if he kicks Corrigan's ass or not.

Closest thing to GC is Bendis' Powers. I think GC is better but I would absolutely recommend Powers too.
    Bendis' Alias is great too, not really police procedural but it's a PI story with superpowers. And a LOT of swearing (Powers has loads of swearing too).

Chew is a great story as well where a police officer has an unusual superpower and the whole world of the series basically revolves around food related abilities.

With a bit of a stretch Planetary could belong here as well. The main characters are investigating all sorts of weird things in the world although they call themselves archaeologists.
    One of the extra stories at the end of the omnibus is one of the best Batman stories ever.

I would absolutely recommend reading all the above.

I think, but someone correct me if I'm wrong, that her story pretty much continues directly into 52.

As far as crime/noir type books, anything by Bru/Phillips, especially Sleeper and Criminal, Top Ten by Moore and Ha, maybe Powers by Bendis and Owning, to name a few

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    I think, but someone correct me if I'm wrong, that her story pretty much continues directly into 52.

As far as crime/noir type books, anything by Bru/Phillips, especially Sleeper and Criminal, Top Ten by Moore and Ha, maybe Powers by Bendis and Owning, to name a few
    oh shoot, yes Top10! And the 49ers too but that's more of a prelude to top10 and not really crime procedural but still good.
    Sleeper is rather a spy story than crime but it is SO. DAMN. GOOD.

Incredible Member

As others have said Montoyas story continues in 52 then it follows into The Question: Five Books of Books then theres a Final Crisis tie in she a huge part of called Final Crisis: Revelations

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    As others have said Montoyas story continues in 52 then it follows into The Question: Five Books of Books then theres a Final Crisis tie in she a huge part of called Final Crisis: Revelations
    Too bad pretty much all the Question trades are OoP

Spectacular Member

Hi folks. Any word on Absolute Transmetropolitan volume 3?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Aquaman is basically dark Thor in these movies from what I've seen. I will still take this over nothing. Always liked the character, just because he is under water doesn't mean he is lame. I mean the oceans and seas just cover 2 thirds of the planet, good luck getting from A to B if you piss him off. His only weakness is a crap writer.

Is there any precedent to the GA prison story in comics? I just don't see how it fits the character. And forget about a one and done movie. Everything is made for a franchise and 25 spin offs.
    I haven't read any Aquaman. Just things like appearances in some of the JLA related stories I've read. I've no opinion on the character it was more of a criticism of how easily pleased people are when it comes to a character who drinks.

I haven't read any prison escape GA stuff but I like the idea purely because it isn't the norm. He can still be the real Oliver Queen it's just a different setting than the 'origin, struggle, first villain, I'm a hero now' formula that needs to end. I know a one and done super hero film is a pipe dream but let me dream damn it lol.

Any Aquaman recommendations? I'm open to almost any DC stuff at the moment, really been enjoying everything I've tried.

I haven't read any Aquaman. Just things like appearances in some of the JLA related stories I've read. I've no opinion on the character it was more of a criticism of how easily pleased people are when it comes to a character who drinks.

I haven't read any prison escape GA stuff but I like the idea purely because it isn't the norm. He can still be the real Oliver Queen it's just a different setting than the 'origin, struggle, first villain, I'm a hero now' formula that needs to end. I know a one and done super hero film is a pipe dream but let me dream damn it lol.

Any Aquaman recommendations? I'm open to almost any DC stuff at the moment, really been enjoying everything I've tried.
    the comments on him not being lame was aimed at the previous conversation, sorry. But I agree with you I'm just saying I'll take this movie version over nothing even if it's not want I want.

Best Aquaman is probably the New52 Geof Johns run and the not yet really collected or OOP Peter David run but I haven't read that.
    Also he was awesome in Morrison's JLA and that's bearded, hookhand badass Aquaman.

I recently started reading the Batman by Brubaker Volume 2 tpb. I really have only myself to blame for not checking first, but I was disappointed to see that almost all of the contents are contained in the Batman: Murderer? and Batman: Fugitive? tpb collections.

Just an FYI in case anyone was thinking about getting it.