View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 747 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 2476476977377437447457467477487497507517577978471247 ... LastLast
Results 11,191 to 11,205 of 21671

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    I haven't read any Aquaman. Just things like appearances in some of the JLA related stories I've read. I've no opinion on the character it was more of a criticism of how easily pleased people are when it comes to a character who drinks.

I haven't read any prison escape GA stuff but I like the idea purely because it isn't the norm. He can still be the real Oliver Queen it's just a different setting than the 'origin, struggle, first villain, I'm a hero now' formula that needs to end. I know a one and done super hero film is a pipe dream but let me dream damn it lol.

Any Aquaman recommendations? I'm open to almost any DC stuff at the moment, really been enjoying everything I've tried.
    Check out the newer released Sub-Diego trades. There's two currently out. Its amazing, some missing context, but you should be fine. The second trade starts off more generic than not, but overall its very fun.

Quote Originally Posted by chicainery View Post
    I recently started reading the Batman by Brubaker Volume 2 tpb. I really have only myself to blame for not checking first, but I was disappointed to see that almost all of the contents are contained in the Batman: Murderer? and Batman: Fugitive? tpb collections.

Just an FYI in case anyone was thinking about getting it.
    I just bought Volume 1 and 2. Mother crapper

Incredible Member

I have a rough memory that GA movie pitch, it wasn't based on any existing GA arc. The basic idea was Ollie got caught up in a mass villain riot/breakout in Iron Heights, kind of like the plot of the game Batman: Arkham Asylum. It always sounded a little odd to me as Iron Heights is where all the Flashs rogues are dumped and would of made a better Flash movie t in my mind.

I think its pretty much dead in the water as an idea now though.

Fantastic Member The Flicker Fade's Avatar

Renee's story goes from Gotham Central right into 52 (Gotham Central ended for Infinite Crisis and 52 picked up right after it), and then there're three trades: Five Books of Blood, Pipeline, and Final Crisis Revelations. I think that's all there is.

I'm not so much a fan of the decision to make Renee the Question and Crispus the Spectre because I liked them much more as GCPD detectives. It didn't honestly feel right for either of them, and it's a bit dumb that there can't be important, spotlighted characters in the DCU without them being transformed into superheroes or having Lois Lane-level close ties to superheroes. That said, Renee's part of 52 (and afterward) is a really strong story.

And "Aquaman" totally sounds sillier than "Batman" or "Superman." I know it isn't--by definition itself--any sillier. But it sounds sillier to our ears, because that's how English makes it, so therefore it is sillier, dammit.

Geoff Johns has fun with that though while never letting the comic adopt a "winking at the audience" tone or letting you forget for one second that Aquaman is, in fact, a total badass.

http://marvelmasterworksfansite.yuku...5#.WDsGhaZOnqA

Whoa. DC just stepped their game way up in these solicits. I'm at work on my phone so hopefully someone else can copy and format them correctly.

Damn, I'm gonna need a raise

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    http://marvelmasterworksfansite.yuku...5#.WDsGhaZOnqA

Whoa. DC just stepped their game way up in these solicits. I'm at work on my phone so hopefully someone else can copy and format them correctly.

Damn, I'm gonna need a raise
    Oh wow. A Stephanie Brown reprint, V2 for WW Golden Age Omni, Rucka's v.2 on WW, more Supergirl, a Kamandi Omni, and more Adam Strange! Woof!

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

This is the post from Pete Wisdom on the MMW Board:

Bunch of stuff from the next catalogue dropped on Amazon. As always the contents are fishy.

DC:

Supergirl Vol. 3
    ACTION COMICS #850, SUPERGIRL #23-33

Supergirl Book Three
    SUPERGIRL #21-32 and #1,000,000

Teen Titans: The Bronze Age Omnibus
    TEEN TITANS #25-52; THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD #94, #102, #149; BATMAN FAMILY #6 and WORLD'S FINEST COMICS #205

DC Comics/Dark Horse: Batman vs. Predator
    BATMAN VS. PREDATOR #1-3, BATMAN VS. PREDATOR II #1-4 and BATMAN VS. PREDATOR III #1-4

Legion Lost: The Complete Saga
    LEGION LOST #1-12, LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES #122-125 and LEGIONNAIRES #79-81

Batgirl: Stephanie Brown Vol. 1
    BATGIRL #1-13

The Flash: The Silver Age Vol. 2
    THE FLASH #117-132

Superman: The Golden Age Vol. 3
    ACTION COMICS #20-31, SUPERMAN #4-7 and NEW YORK WORLD'S FAIR COMICS #2

Superman For All Seasons (New Edition)
    SUPERMAN FOR ALL SEASONS #1-4

Doom Patrol: The Silver Age Omnibus

Batman by Azzarello & Risso Deluxe Edition
    BATMAN #620-625, FLASHPOINT: BATMAN - KNIGHT OF VENGEANCE #1-3 and stories from WEDNESDAY COMICS #1-12 and BATMAN: GOTHAM KNIGHTS #8

Elseworlds: Justice League Vol. 2
    CONJURORS #1-3, FLASHPOINT #1-3, JLA: ACT OF GOD #1-3, SUPERMAN'S METROPOLIS #1, BATMAN: NOSFERATU #1 and WONDER WOMAN: BLUE AMAZON #1

Suicide Squad: A Celebration of 30 Years

Batman Noir: Dark Victory

Green Lantern: The Silver Age Vol. 2
    GREEN LANTERN #10-21

Batman The Caped Crusader Vol. 1
    DETECTIVE COMICS #575-578 and BATMAN: FULL CIRCLE
    It is said to have 300 pages and stories (published, I guess)after Year One.

Wonder Woman: The Golden Age Omnibus Vol. 2
    COMIC CAVALCADE #5-12, SENSATION COMICS #25-48 and WONDER WOMAN #8-15

Daring Adventures of Supergirl Vol. 2
    The Daring Adventures of Supergirl #13 and Supergirl #14-23

Wonder Woman by Greg Rucka Vol. 2
    WONDER WOMAN #206-217

Nightwing Vol. 6
    NIGHTWING #47-60

Elseworlds: Superman Vol. 2
    SUPERMAN: SPEEDING BULLET #1, KAMANDI: AT EARTH'S END #1-6, SUPERMAN: KAL #1, SUPERMAN: AT EARTH'S END #1, SUPERMAN/BATMAN DOOM LINK #1 and SUPERMAN/WONDER WOMAN: WHOM GODS DESTROY #1-4
    I think that's actually new listing for vol. 1.

Jack Kirby's Kamandi Omnibus
    KAMANDI, THE LAST BOY ON EARTH #1-40

House of Mystery: The Bronze Age Vol. 1
    HOUSE OF MYSTERY #174-189

Azrael Vol. 3

Adam Strange: Planet Heist (New Edition)

Legion of Super Heroes: The Silver Age Omnibus
    ADVENTURE COMICS #247, #267, #282, #290, #293, #300-328; ACTION COMICS #267, #276, #287 and #289; SUPERMAN #147; SUPERMAN ANNUAL #4 and SUPERMAN'S PAL JIMMY OLSEN #72 and #76

Graphic Ink: Eduardo Risso

Newsboy Legion Vol. 2
    STAR-SPANGLED Comics #33-64

Batman Arkham: Clayface

Batman by Scott Snyder & Greg Capullo Box Set 2
    BATMAN VOL. 4: ZERO YEAR - SECRET CITY, BATMAN VOL. 5: ZERO YEAR - DARK CITY and BATMAN VOL. 6: GRAVEYARD SHIFT

Deathstroke The Terminator Vol. 4
    DEATHSTROKE THE TERMINATOR #27-34 and DEATHSTROKE THE TERMINATOR ANNUAL #2

Green Lantern: Hal Jordan Vol. 2
    GREEN LANTERN #1-12

Rebirth (like Marvel's OHC, the titles are weird, but mean that they collect regular trades vols 1 and 2):

Superman-Action Comics Vol. 1 & 2 Deluxe Edition
    ACTION COMICS #957-968

Justice League Vol. 1 & 2 Deluxe Edition
    JUSTICE LEAGUE: REBIRTH #1 and JUSTICE LEAGUE #1-12

Batman Vol. 1 & 2 Deluxe Edition
    BATMAN: REBIRTH #1 and BATMAN #1-12

Superman Vol. 1 & 2 Deluxe Edition
    SUPERMAN: REBIRTH #1 and SUPERMAN #1-12

Vertigo:

American Way 10th Anniversary Edition
    THE AMERICAN WAY #1-8

Sandman Mystery Theatre Book 3
    SANDMAN MYSTERY THEATRE #25-36 and the SANDMAN MIDNIGHT THEATRE SPECIAL

Absolute Y: The Last Man Vol. 3

House of Secrets Book One
    HOUSE OF SECRETS #1-5, #7, and #11-16

And posted by Garuda:

Pete there's two more books:

Wasteland Vol. 1
    Paperback – June 27, 2017
    by John Ostrander (Author)

Aquaman Vol. 1 & 2 Deluxe Edition (Rebirth)
    Hardcover – August 22, 2017
    by Dan Abnett (Author), Brad Walker (Illustrator)

Collects AQUAMAN #1-12 and the AQUAMAN: REBIRTH one-shot

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    This is the post from Pete Wisdom on the MMW Board:

Bunch of stuff from the next catalogue dropped on Amazon. As always the contents are fishy.

DC:

Supergirl Vol. 3
    ACTION COMICS #850, SUPERGIRL #23-33

Supergirl Book Three
    SUPERGIRL #21-32 and #1,000,000

Teen Titans: The Bronze Age Omnibus
    TEEN TITANS #25-52; THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD #94, #102, #149; BATMAN FAMILY #6 and WORLD'S FINEST COMICS #205

DC Comics/Dark Horse: Batman vs. Predator
    BATMAN VS. PREDATOR #1-3, BATMAN VS. PREDATOR II #1-4 and BATMAN VS. PREDATOR III #1-4

Legion Lost: The Complete Saga
    LEGION LOST #1-12, LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES #122-125 and LEGIONNAIRES #79-81

Batgirl: Stephanie Brown Vol. 1
    BATGIRL #1-13

The Flash: The Silver Age Vol. 2
    THE FLASH #117-132

Superman: The Golden Age Vol. 3
    ACTION COMICS #20-31, SUPERMAN #4-7 and NEW YORK WORLD'S FAIR COMICS #2

Superman For All Seasons (New Edition)
    SUPERMAN FOR ALL SEASONS #1-4

Doom Patrol: The Silver Age Omnibus

Batman by Azzarello & Risso Deluxe Edition
    BATMAN #620-625, FLASHPOINT: BATMAN - KNIGHT OF VENGEANCE #1-3 and stories from WEDNESDAY COMICS #1-12 and BATMAN: GOTHAM KNIGHTS #8

Elseworlds: Justice League Vol. 2
    CONJURORS #1-3, FLASHPOINT #1-3, JLA: ACT OF GOD #1-3, SUPERMAN'S METROPOLIS #1, BATMAN: NOSFERATU #1 and WONDER WOMAN: BLUE AMAZON #1

Suicide Squad: A Celebration of 30 Years

Batman Noir: Dark Victory

Green Lantern: The Silver Age Vol. 2
    GREEN LANTERN #10-21

Batman The Caped Crusader Vol. 1
    DETECTIVE COMICS #575-578 and BATMAN: FULL CIRCLE
    It is said to have 300 pages and stories (published, I guess)after Year One.

Wonder Woman: The Golden Age Omnibus Vol. 2
    COMIC CAVALCADE #5-12, SENSATION COMICS #25-48 and WONDER WOMAN #8-15

Daring Adventures of Supergirl Vol. 2
    The Daring Adventures of Supergirl #13 and Supergirl #14-23

Wonder Woman by Greg Rucka Vol. 2
    WONDER WOMAN #206-217

Nightwing Vol. 6
    NIGHTWING #47-60

Elseworlds: Superman Vol. 2
    SUPERMAN: SPEEDING BULLET #1, KAMANDI: AT EARTH'S END #1-6, SUPERMAN: KAL #1, SUPERMAN: AT EARTH'S END #1, SUPERMAN/BATMAN DOOM LINK #1 and SUPERMAN/WONDER WOMAN: WHOM GODS DESTROY #1-4
    I think that's actually new listing for vol. 1.

Jack Kirby's Kamandi Omnibus
    KAMANDI, THE LAST BOY ON EARTH #1-40

House of Mystery: The Bronze Age Vol. 1
    HOUSE OF MYSTERY #174-189

Azrael Vol. 3

Adam Strange: Planet Heist (New Edition)

Legion of Super Heroes: The Silver Age Omnibus
    ADVENTURE COMICS #247, #267, #282, #290, #293, #300-328; ACTION COMICS #267, #276, #287 and #289; SUPERMAN #147; SUPERMAN ANNUAL #4 and SUPERMAN'S PAL JIMMY OLSEN #72 and #76

Graphic Ink: Eduardo Risso

Newsboy Legion Vol. 2
    STAR-SPANGLED Comics #33-64

Batman Arkham: Clayface

Batman by Scott Snyder & Greg Capullo Box Set 2
    BATMAN VOL. 4: ZERO YEAR - SECRET CITY, BATMAN VOL. 5: ZERO YEAR - DARK CITY and BATMAN VOL. 6: GRAVEYARD SHIFT

Deathstroke The Terminator Vol. 4
    DEATHSTROKE THE TERMINATOR #27-34 and DEATHSTROKE THE TERMINATOR ANNUAL #2

Green Lantern: Hal Jordan Vol. 2
    GREEN LANTERN #1-12

Rebirth (like Marvel's OHC, the titles are weird, but mean that they collect regular trades vols 1 and 2):

Superman-Action Comics Vol. 1 & 2 Deluxe Edition
    ACTION COMICS #957-968

Justice League Vol. 1 & 2 Deluxe Edition
    JUSTICE LEAGUE: REBIRTH #1 and JUSTICE LEAGUE #1-12

Batman Vol. 1 & 2 Deluxe Edition
    BATMAN: REBIRTH #1 and BATMAN #1-12

Superman Vol. 1 & 2 Deluxe Edition
    SUPERMAN: REBIRTH #1 and SUPERMAN #1-12

Vertigo:

American Way 10th Anniversary Edition
    THE AMERICAN WAY #1-8

Sandman Mystery Theatre Book 3
    SANDMAN MYSTERY THEATRE #25-36 and the SANDMAN MIDNIGHT THEATRE SPECIAL

Absolute Y: The Last Man Vol. 3

House of Secrets Book One
    HOUSE OF SECRETS #1-5, #7, and #11-16

And posted by Garuda:

Pete there's two more books:

Wasteland Vol. 1
    Paperback – June 27, 2017
    by John Ostrander (Author)

Aquaman Vol. 1 & 2 Deluxe Edition (Rebirth)
    Hardcover – August 22, 2017
    by Dan Abnett (Author), Brad Walker (Illustrator)

Collects AQUAMAN #1-12 and the AQUAMAN: REBIRTH one-shot
    The way the Rebirth trades are collected in HC are sure to please a few.

really hope non of these will be cancelled. Excited about Kamandi, probably LoSH, TT Bronze age and a few others.
    Also please everyone buy the Sandman Mystery theatre so DC will collect the whole series finally. LOVED Book one.

BANNED

they are not all hard covers ? right ? i thought they were all HCs since this is the hard cover thread but then i saw Rucka Wonder Woman vol. 2 and i was like ''that's not hard cover'' so i must ask, is the Batman vs Predator trade a hard cover ? if it's HC, i really really want the first Batman vs Predator in HC for a long time but not the crapy vol.2 and 3 which were cramed in by DC... but i will get it anyway if it's HC.

and a deluxe Rebirth Batman and Aquaman book... Woohooo !!!! i'm so happy. I will definetly get them I was kind of gloomy when i learned that DC won't publish the hc version of the rebirth books first...(i want the HCs, the new 52 really got me used to them lol) but these Deluxes definetly made up for it. YAY !!! OHC goodness

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    really hope non of these will be cancelled. Excited about Kamandi, probably LoSH, TT Bronze age and a few others.
    Also please everyone buy the Sandman Mystery theatre so DC will collect the whole series finally. LOVED Book one.
    Is this mean the TPB editions before these new TPB editions did not collect the all of the single issues ?
    Last edited by Batarang; 11-27-2016 at 12:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Batarang View Post
    they are not all hard covers ? right ? i thought they were all HCs since this is the hard cover thread but then i saw Rucka Wonder Woman vol. 2 and i was like ''that's not hard cover'' so i must ask, is the Batman vs Predator trade a hard cover ? if it's HC, i really really want the first Batman vs Predator in HC for a long time but not the crapy vol.2 and 3 which were cramed in by DC... but i will get it anyway if it's HC.

and a deluxe Rebirth Batman and Aquaman book... Woohooo !!!! i'm so happy. I will definetly get them I was kind of gloomy when i learned that DC won't publish the hc version of the rebirth books first...(i want the HCs, the new 52 really got me used to them lol) but these Deluxes definetly made up for it. YAY !!! OHC goodness

Is this mean the TPB editions before these new TPB editions did not collect the all of the single issues ?
    the previous tpb editions that were 6 issues each didn't collect the whole run. So hopefully this new, chunkier edition (called Book one, book two etc) will.

I might pick up the Kamandi omni. 40 issues sounds amazing.

I'll be getting it. I haven't even got book one yet but it's high on my wishlist.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

I'm very excited to see Legion of Superheroes get added to the Omnibus line. With a lot of the lines I am unwilling to replace things I bought in Archives with basically reprints of reprints, but Legion as rough as it starts out like Superman I'm in for the whole run. Hopefully sales will demand a quick pace like the one enjoyed by Superman and Batman. I feel like the line is viable all the way to the end of the 5 years later run (my personal stop point)

BANNED

the previous tpb editions that were 6 issues each didn't collect the whole run. So hopefully this new, chunkier edition (called Book one, book two etc) will.
    darn it... dc did it again. Death and Return of Superman Omnibus HC, Nightwing TPBs, Knightfall TPBs, Contagion TPB and No Man's land TPBs were all the same too... the new editions were complete unlike the old editions which i have... and with the Mystery Theather that does it... i hate you dc... i really really... really hate you... now i have to buy Mystery Theather again... and for doing this to me over and over again... i will always hate you. You money grabing piece of crap.