View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 748 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 2486486987387447457467477487497507517527587988481248 ... LastLast
Results 11,206 to 11,220 of 21662

Quote Originally Posted by Batarang View Post
    darn it... dc did it again. Death and Return of Superman Omnibus HC, Nightwing TPBs, Knightfall TPBs, Contagion TPB and No Man's land TPBs were all the same too... the new editions were complete unlike the old editions which i have... and with the Mystery Theather that does it... i hate you dc... i really really... really hate you... now i have to buy Mystery Theather again... and for doing this to me over and over again... i will always hate you. You money grabing piece of crap.
    those are different because the previous editions don't collect every issue related to the events while SMT was simply discontinued and only like half of the run is collected in trades. Probably because of low sales. Same as Shade the changing man.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Batarang View Post
    ... so i must ask, is the Batman vs Predator trade a hard cover ? if it's HC, i really really want the first Batman vs Predator in HC for a long time but not the crapy vol.2 and 3 which were cramed in by DC... but i will get it anyway if it's HC. ...
    No it'll be a thick chunky paperback, DC and Dark Horse have been teaming up to pump out a whole bunch of these crossover trades lately, theres a DC/Aliens, Dark Horse/Superman and two Justice League/Dark Horse books so far, DC publish half Dark Horse publish the other half (probably a revenue sharing thing)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    those are different because the previous editions don't collect every issue related to the events while SMT was simply discontinued and only like half of the run is collected in trades. Probably because of low sales. Same as Shade the changing man.
    Yeah, they don't collect every issue cause the evil dc probably discovered that if i don't collect every thing at first edition and collect some more issues in second edition and finally make a complete one in third edition or something, i can sell them to the same dumb readers of mine over and over again.. cause dc is an evil money grabing poo. :/

I will try to look in to the TPBs of SMT which i already have to see where it ends and i will get the rest as the new editions if they ever get published.

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    No it'll be a thick chunky paperback, DC and Dark Horse have been teaming up to pump out a whole bunch of these crossover trades lately, theres a DC/Aliens, Dark Horse/Superman and two Justice League/Dark Horse books so far, DC publish half Dark Horse publish the other half (probably a revenue sharing thing)
    Thanks, i will definetly not buy it if it's TPB cause i have the first Batman vs Predator as TPB (and i love it, it's awesome) and i don't want the crapy vol. 2 and 3.
    Last edited by Batarang; 11-27-2016 at 01:07 PM.

BANNED

I wonder will owners of the Vol1-2 Kamandi Omnibus have any reason to swap for a single volume trade.

Glad to see Azzarello Batman deluxe, I enjoyed the Noir edition. Also glad to see Doom Patrol: Silver Age Omni being there again.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    I wonder will owners of the Vol1-2 Kamandi Omnibus have any reason to swap for a single volume trade.

Glad to see Azzarello Batman deluxe, I enjoyed the Noir edition. Also glad to see Doom Patrol: Silver Age Omni being there again.

I assume this time it'll be a proper Omnibus so it'll be oversized and not on toilet paper this time around.

Also I'm not suprised to see a Kamandi Omnibus next year, its Jack Kirbys 100th birthday and their doing a big multi writer/artist collaborative Kamadi challenge to celebrate, fingers crossed we get a proper Fourth World Omnibus by the end of the year as well.

I assume this time it'll be a proper Omnibus so it'll be oversized and not on toilet paper this time around.

Also I'm not suprised to see a Kamandi Omnibus next year, its Jack Kirbys 100th birthday and their doing a big multi writer/artist collaborative Kamadi challenge to celebrate, fingers crossed we get a proper Fourth World Omnibus by the end of the year as well.
    A proper Fourth World Omnibus would be absolutely fantastic! Two Jack Kirby Omni's in one year is what I need in my life. And again, I don't really care for Omnis but special stories deserve this format, and I'm into that.

I'm so down for the Kamandibus, and the OHC of the current runs are a welcome change in pace from DC. LoSH, Swampy, Supergirl, Sandman Mystery Theatre, honestly, I'm down with the majority of that list, hardcover and tpb alike

Incredible Member

That must be a joke, we're already getting Deluxe Editions of Rebirth stuff when we can't even get any proper OHC's of the previous runs by Snyder and Johns and others? Ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post
    That must be a joke, we're already getting Deluxe Editions of Rebirth stuff when we can't even get any proper OHC's of the previous runs by Snyder and Johns and others? Ridiculous.
    I think by Deluxe, they mean more like its just OHC with 12 issues instead of the standard 6. The contents also change constantly.

A while back I was crapping on DC for not going the Marvel route for their current runs. Now I take everything back. GJ DC, stepping your game up.
    I wonder if some of the upcoming stuff like Superboy+Legionnaires, Batman+Outsiders will have this format too.

BANNED

Oh yeah they aren't oversized that's right.

Man, am I the only one who likes the toilet paper?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post
    No OHC for snyder&capullo ? don't you know about the abolute court of owls ? there is an absolute edition court of owls and may be DC will collect the rest of snyder&capullos as absolutes, but i don't know, there is no guaranty of that ofcourse. You mean Geoff Johns by Johns right ? as far as i know he has no run on Batman but only Batman: Earth One... hmm... since they were published as regular hard covers, DC didn't feel the need to publish OHCs for them probably but rebith stuff is soft cover only so far so when they go to HC route with them, they decided to go with Deluxe OHCs... (and that's great ) i don't think DC needs to do this stuff on cronological order or somekind of hierarchy according to some people's preferances.
    Last edited by Batarang; 11-28-2016 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    Oh yeah they aren't oversized that's right.

Man, am I the only one who likes the toilet paper?
    Does that mean the paper was ultra thin? Or just flimsy?

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Does that mean the paper was ultra thin? Or just flimsy?
    it's basically newsprint. Like Marvel Essentials (which is a wee bit better than DC SHowcase).

All-New Member

For the Jack Kirby stuff I can see people wanting to keep the originals for two reasons:

1)Some people prefer the old news print because its more similar to the original.
    2)If your looking to collect all the old jack kirby dc stuff, the old omnibus's will all match, no one knows how many of those dc will reprint in this new format.