View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 750 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 2506507007407467477487497507517527537547608008501250 ... LastLast
Results 11,236 to 11,250 of 21670

[QUOTE=JShilpetski;2434378]This is the run that began in 1990. Volume One contains Emerald Dawn #1

I'm needing to start picking up some Green lantern stories.
    Have these been previously collected elsewhere, like Omnibus's or HC's?

Green Lantern: Hal Jordan Vol. 1 (Emerald Dawn #1-6 and Emerald Dawn II #1-6); released in Jan 2017
    Green Lantern: Hal Jordan Vol. 2 (GREEN LANTERN #1-12) releases Aug 2017
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

[QUOTE=Hawkgirl70;2435084]
    Quote Originally Posted by JShilpetski View Post
    This is the run that began in 1990. Volume One contains Emerald Dawn #1

Green Lantern: Hal Jordan Vol. 1 (Emerald Dawn #1-6 and Emerald Dawn II #1-6); released in Jan 2017

Whoa? They're gonna collect that run in OHC? nice

Quote Originally Posted by ricardoramos View Post
    So, "Doom Patrol: The Silver Age Omnibus" is confirmed, but where is the "Swamp Thing: The Bronze Age Omnibus" ?!?!?

Great to have this: Jack Kirby's Kamandi Omnibus

is this: "Justice League Vol. 1 & 2 Deluxe Edition" the folow up to Darkseid war?
    Yes! More love for the Green God Swamp Thing!

[QUOTE=TomSlick;2435112]
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl70 View Post

Whoa? They're gonna collect that run in OHC? nice
    No, it looks like chunky TPB's on the Amazon listing.
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1

[QUOTE=Hawkgirl70;2435427]
    Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post

No, it looks like chunky TPB's on the Amazon listing.
    Yeah, kind of figured. Really couldn't see them collecting about 200 issues like that in OHC (although they're almost doing that with Fables). Looks like they're going the Green Arrow route. Anyway, that whole Green Lantern run - from Hal to Kyle - was a great run.

[QUOTE=TomSlick;2436350]

Yeah, kind of figured. Really couldn't see them collecting about 200 issues like that in OHC (although they're almost doing that with Fables). Looks like they're going the Green Arrow route. Anyway, that whole Green Lantern run - from Hal to Kyle - was a great run.
    A good run ey? That's good to hear. Its rare to hear anything about a GL run that isn't written by Johns.

Judd Winick was doing great work before Johns, and made Kyle Rayner my favorite of the corps members. The power of Ion trade is as good as the best stuff Johns wrote.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Emerald Dawn I and II have both been collected separately in trade, but they're long out of print.

GL (1990) #1-8 were collected in a trade titled "The Road Back". Also out of print.

I hope these first two volumes sell well enough for DC to take us through #49 of this series. With the exception of #46 (the "Death of Superman" crossover issue), none of that material has ever been reprinted to my knowledge...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by MykeHavoc View Post
    Judd Winick was doing great work before Johns, and made Kyle Rayner my favorite of the corps members. The power of Ion trade is as good as the best stuff Johns wrote.
    I completely agree on Judd Winick. He was the best writer at DC and the only one that's left comics that I really miss.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I completely agree on Judd Winick. He was the best writer at DC and the only one that's left comics that I really miss.
    Gotta check these out. I love Kyle

[QUOTE=TomSlick;2436350]

So do you or anyone here have a chronological reading list or map you could share or help guide me in Green Lantern collecting?
    I want to start collecting all the TPB's I can starting in 2017 to have them custom bound in series.
    I also want to buy the Johns Omni's so I don't want to double collect on those where there might also be TPB's in print.
    Does anyone have a link or guide or list to share?

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Yes! More love for the Green God Swamp Thing!
    Why is that strange? Alan Moore's Swamp Thing is the most wanted Omnibus ever, no?
    (but they can omnify the Rick Veitch, Doug Wheeler, Nancy A. Collins, Mark Millar and Brian K. Vaughan volumes also for all I care)

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    It's Bryan Hitch's current run on Justice League, which is striaght up garbage.
    So, no JLI, no Grant reprints but ... crap ? Anyway, it's the "sequel" to darkseid war, right?

Quote Originally Posted by MykeHavoc View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Ugh.

I haven't read his Green Lantern, but his Green Arrow was...for the lack of a better term, horrendous.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Ugh.

I haven't read his Green Lantern, but his Green Arrow was...for the lack of a better term, horrendous.
    See. I loved his GA, and I really don't get the hate.
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    See. I loved his GA, and I really don't get the hate.
    To each his own.

I couldn't stand it. Loved Grell through Dixon, and Smith's and Meltzer's brief stints, but to me, from the time Winnick took over until pretty much when Lemire started, the Green Arrow title was pretty bad all around, and I say that as a huge Green Arrow fan. I felt he really stumped the growth of the character and took him off the trajectory he was on, really chipped away at a solid character that had been given great development for 15 years back to an irresponsible and selfish jerk, among other things. Just ruined the whole cast of characters for me, Connor, Eddie, Mia, Shado, even Roy and Dinah.

Just wasn't my cup a tea
    Last edited by ER Prest; 11-30-2016 at 07:11 AM.