View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 755 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 2556557057457517527537547557567577587597658058551255 ... LastLast
Results 11,311 to 11,325 of 21672

Guys, I'm seeing a NEW TEEN TITANS OMNIBUS (New Printing) coming next summer. I know some of you were looking for that.

Woah, also see a WW by John Bryne Book One! YES YES YES!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Guys, I'm seeing a NEW TEEN TITANS OMNIBUS (New Printing) coming next summer. I know some of you were looking for that.

And an Aquaman by Johns Omnibus.

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    And an Aquaman by Johns Omnibus.
    I'm pretty annoyed that it doesn't collect the next story arc. It stops at Throne of Atlantis. I'm more excited for the last book of his solo series before Infinite Crisis, Kingdom Lost.

Incredible Member

The full edelweiss catalog that these Amaozn fishes come from is up: http://edelweiss.abovethetreeline.co...alogID=4057694

Some good stuff in there when you dig through.

Rebirth Flash and Hal Jordan are also getting the deluxe treatment.

SO pumped about the DC edelweiss catalog. Tons of stuff I'm looking forward to.

Will be buying:

-Aquaman by Johns Omnibus
    -Kamandi Omnibus
    -Adam Strange Silver Age Omnibus
    -New Teen Titans Omnibus (New Edition)

-Aquaman Rebirth Deluxe Edition
    -Batman Rebirth Deluxe Edition
    -Action Comics Rebirth Deluxe Edition
    -Superman Rebirth Deluxe Edition
    -The Flash Rebirth Deluxe Edition
    -Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps Rebirth Deluxe Edition

-Batgirl: Stephanie Brown Vol. 1 TPB
    -WW by Rucka Vol. 2 TPB (not the Rebirth one)
    -WW by Byrne Vol. 1 TPB
    -Legion Lost: The Complete Saga TPB
    -Midnighter: The Complete Wildstorm Series TPB

and probably more

I'm pretty annoyed that it doesn't collect the next story arc. It stops at Throne of Atlantis. I'm more excited for the last book of his solo series before Infinite Crisis, Kingdom Lost.
    There's no way that's correct. Should include 0-25 and JL 14-16. These things are always filled with content/page count/dimensions errors.
    Last edited by VanWinkle; 12-02-2016 at 01:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    The full edelweiss catalog that these Amaozn fishes come from is up: http://edelweiss.abovethetreeline.co...alogID=4057694

Some good stuff in there when you dig through.

Rebirth Flash and Hal Jordan are also getting the deluxe treatment.
    The contents help. Looks like the JLA Road to Rebirth collects the single issues before the JLA book starts.

Quote Originally Posted by VanWinkle View Post
    SO pumped about the DC edelweiss catalog. Tons of stuff I'm looking forward to.

Will be buying:

-Aquaman by Johns Omnibus
    -Kamandi Omnibus
    -Adam Strange Silver Age Omnibus
    -New Teen Titans Omnibus (New Edition)

-Aquaman Rebirth Deluxe Edition
    -Batman Rebirth Deluxe Edition
    -Action Comics Rebirth Deluxe Edition
    -Superman Rebirth Deluxe Edition
    -The Flash Rebirth Deluxe Edition
    -Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps Rebirth Deluxe Edition

-Batgirl: Stephanie Brown Vol. 1 TPB
    -WW by Rucka Vol. 2 TPB (not the Rebirth one)
    -WW by Byrne Vol. 1 TPB
    -Legion Lost: The Complete Saga TPB
    -Midnighter: The Complete Wildstorm Series TPB

and probably more

There's no way that's correct. Should include 0-25 and JL 14-16. These things are always filled with content/page count/dimensions errors.
    I hope you are right.

I'm a little confused on a Wonder Girl Spotlight. I know its probably because of the WW film, but I think fans would rather like a Donna Troy Spotlight. She has a much more convoluted origin, with it changing all the time and her appearance in Titans.

Very excited for Stephanie Browns Batgirl run, been wanting to read this for a long time now.

Someone else asked this, but seeing Hawkman by Johns, has me wondering where is Flash by John's, Book 4.

Also, what's new in this Batwoman collection? It looks like it contains more issues than Elegy. But I'm guessing it contains Elegy and something else?

Lot of cool stuff. Looks like the New TT omnibus is $150! Was the first printing that much?

Looks like there's four extra issues. The new release has it down for collecting 1-24 and some others, whereas the first print collected 1-20 and others.

If these solicitations remain that would suggest to me they're going to collect/reprint the others, much like the Silver Age Green Lantern.

Obviously, this is just guesswork.
    Last edited by TomSlick; 12-02-2016 at 02:37 PM.

Mighty Member

That price can't be right for the NTT reprint. $150 for 500 pages?

Spectacular Member Master Destructo's Avatar

Glad they're reprinting NTT for folks. A little confused why it contains different issues than the edition I already have.

Since they are doing new editions, it gives me a little hope that we might eventually see a new edition of the Infinite Crisis omni that is OOP and so expensive.

Fantastic Member The Flicker Fade's Avatar

Although I'll still fight that there are a handful of N52 stories that are worth reading. Not like, Ann Nocenti's Catwoman, but more like John's Aquaman. Or Amethyst....
    Yeah, there are some stories in the New 52 that are worth reading because they're good, despite everything. But even the few great ones probably would have been even better had they been told as part of the old DCU and not the New 52. Aquaman is definitely on that list!

Aquaman by Geoff Johns and Jeff Parker
    Animal Man by Jeff Lemire
    Batman by Snyder
    Batman and Robin by Tomasi
    Batman, Inc by Grant Morrison (really isn't part of the New 52)
    Green Lantern by Geoff Johns (carry-over from pre-New 52)
    Omega Men by Tom King
    Swamp Thing by Charles Soule

Can all unequivocally be recommended as worth reading for every DC fan. It isn't the full list of books from the New 52 I think are good and would recommend if you have an open mind about sometimes vastly different interpretations of characters, but these are books I think even people who were really turned off by the New 52 would still enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by The Flicker Fade View Post
    Yeah, there are some stories in the New 52 that are worth reading because they're good, despite everything. But even the few great ones probably would have been even better had they been told as part of the old DCU and not the New 52. Aquaman is definitely on that list!

Aquaman by Geoff Johns and Jeff Parker
    Animal Man by Jeff Lemire
    Batman by Snyder
    Batman and Robin by Tomasi
    Batman, Inc by Grant Morrison (really isn't part of the New 52)
    Green Lantern by Geoff Johns (carry-over from pre-New 52)
    Omega Men by Tom King
    Swamp Thing by Charles Soule

Can all unequivocally be recommended as worth reading for every DC fan. It isn't the full list of books from the New 52 I think are good and would recommend if you have an open mind about sometimes vastly different interpretations of characters, but these are books I think even people who were really turned off by the New 52 would still enjoy.
    I agree with most of that list. I'd include The first half of Batwoman...before you know...it went really bad. I enjoyed a large part of the N52, and apparently I'm in the minority, but I agree most of it was bad because of editorial. All the crossovers, all the long story arcs, all the horrible writers, and the way they didn't promote most of their own books.

I remember talking to some friends and I mentioned how Marvel always seems to push some obscure and new books/ideas. Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur for example is pretty popular, despite it not featuring an A list character. Squirrel Girl turned from a D list hero to probably a low A hero over a few issues. Gwenpool, Riri, (although not Howard the Duck, which was fantastic) are all high brow now, despite being totally new. Compared to how DC handled its new characters. Or gives a severe lack of attention to titles that need it.

Fantastic Member The Flicker Fade's Avatar

I agree with most of that list. I'd include The first half of Batwoman...before you know...it went really bad. I enjoyed a large part of the N52, and apparently I'm in the minority, but I agree most of it was bad because of editorial. All the crossovers, all the long story arcs, all the horrible writers, and the way they didn't promote most of their own books.

I remember talking to some friends and I mentioned how Marvel always seems to push some obscure and new books/ideas. Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur for example is pretty popular, despite it not featuring an A list character. Squirrel Girl turned from a D list hero to probably a low A hero over a few issues. Gwenpool, Riri, (although not Howard the Duck, which was fantastic) are all high brow now, despite being totally new. Compared to how DC handled its new characters. Or gives a severe lack of attention to titles that need it.
    Is Riri working? She seems to have been met with a collective yawn. (This is the wrong thread to ask that question, I know!)

Moon Girl is awesome, definitely one of my favorite books at the moment. DC did try this type of approach with the DCYOU revamp recently and books like Black Canary, Starfire, Gotham Academy, etc. The reason, I think, why it didn't turn out as successful as Marvel is that their core books were still rotting under the New 52 approach, leading to not enough fans for spillover eyes to find the fresh ideas in these titles.

I'd have put Batwoman on the list if not for the thing you mention, plus I've heard from multiple people that vol 2 with the time jumps and perspective shifts every two pages really frustrated them. So it can't be an unequivocal recommendation. But hey, let's dig a bit deeper. Why not?

All-Star Western: If you like Jonah Hex and western comics, this is worth reading. It's not as good as the pre-N52 Jonah Hex, and the frontier Gotham thing is kind of hokey, but still worth reading.
    Batgirl: Gail Simone does a good job with a newly mobile Barbara Gordon suffering from PTSD, but her run is still uneven. The relaunch, where Batgirl becomes a hipster and moves to Brooklyn (err Burnside), is tons of fun, but your mileage may vary. It tries way too hard at times and expect tons of annoying tropes about millenials.
    Batwoman: Is awesome if sometimes challenging to read, with plots that drag on too long. And then it gets its throat cut by some behind-the-scenes drama and continues on in a manner that's so lame it will literally make you cry.
    Black Canary: From the Batgirl re-launch team, the book is nothing like what you would expect from a Black Canary solo, with Dinah fronting a band called Black Canary. It's good comics but you have to be open to the idea.
    Forever Evil: I can't recommend Geoff Johns's entire Justice League run, with most of it being unremarkable at best (I have yet to read Darkseid War, to be fair). But this story, the main part at least, with the evil version of the Justice League from Earth-3 conquering the world, is awesome and I think everyone can find enjoyment in it, regardless of how they feel about the changes to the characters of the Justice League in the New 52.
    Gotham Academy: Harry Potter in Gotham. Works better than that tagline might suggest. The first trade was AMAZING but the next two have failed to live up to it so far.
    Grayson: Dick Grayson out of costume as a superspy. Great comics but you have to be open to the premise (yes, I prefer Nightwing in my DCU, too).
    Green Arrow: By Jeff Lemire, AND ONLY BY JEFF LEMIRE. Any other author will give you seizures. This version of Oliver Queen isn't the Oliver Queen we all know and love. Not by a long shot. He's an imposter. But an imposter who stars in a good story.
    Harley Quinn: You probably know what to expect. You'll like a book like this, or you won't.
    I, Vampire: Short but sweet. Loses its way a little at the end, probably because creators thought they'd have more issues. Also has one of the only depictions of John Constantine in the New 52 that isn't total ass.
    Martian Manhunter: The second trade isn't out yet, but the first was really great, digging deep into Jonn's psyche. This version of Jonn is a little more alienated than other depictions, not really having any close friends or confidants on earth.
    Midnighter: A book that should be read along with Grayson. Not too different a depiction from pre-New 52 versions. Lucas Trent is a bad, bad dude you do NOT want to cross.
    Starfire: Fresh off appalling treatment in seven volumes of Red Hood and the Outlaws, Kory remembers she's supposed to be a sweet, naive alien with the power to nuke anyone who messes with her and moves to the Florida keys. Bright and sunny tone; hilarity ensues.
    Superman - Lois and Clark: The real Superman and Lois Lane are back! And they act like themselves! Okay, so their whole world ended and they're hiding out anonymously . . . but they have a kid!
    Swamp Thing: By Scott Snyder. A VERY different take on Swamp Thing that isn't what I want to see done with the character, but still a good story.
    Talon: After you've read the first two volumes of Snyder's Batman, if you liked the Court of Owls, read this. It's surprisingly great, and though the second volume falls off some in quality, you won't be disappointed by the resolution.
    Wonder Woman: By Azzarello/Chiang. The title character doesn't act anything like Wonder Woman. Everything about her personality and her mythology, her entire supporting cast and her world, is 100% wrong or absent. It will upset you greatly if you're a longitme fan of hers, but if you can get past it, the story told here is pretty good. Derivative, but pretty good. Stop reading as soon as Azzarello/Chiang leave though, if you thought this was challenging to accept as a Wonder Woman fan you really don't want to see what the next team did to Donna.

Here's a few others I hear are good but can't recommend because I haven't read them yet: Red Lanterns by Soule, Detective Comics by Manapul, Catwoman by Valentine. Justice League 3000/3001, Green Lantern Corps, Sinestro, Demon Knights. And, as I mentioned above, I haven't read Justice League Darkseid War yet. Maybe Johns sticks the landing.

So again, these are not unequivocal recommendations for anyone and everyone, but they are good comics.
    Last edited by The Flicker Fade; 12-02-2016 at 06:36 PM.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Demon Knights is AMAZING. I haven't read the last volume yet, but the first two are probably the best thing to come out of the New 52.

I consider myself a bit more of a Marvel guy (mostly due to the X-Men), and I think Riri, and 90% of the other minority teen replacement heroes are a burning dumpster fire ruining current Marvel. Only good ones are Ms. Marvel and Vision's daughter. But that's just me.

On the new books, I'm slightly upset, because I want like 60% of them. My wallet will not be happy.

Definitly picking up all four upcoming Legion books. Legion Lost is one of my favorite comics ever, if anyone is on the fence about it. Its about as good as space comics get.

There's no way that Titans Omni solicit is right. It comes out to what, 3 pages per dollar. That's seven times the price of a new issue. That's insane.
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by The Flicker Fade View Post
    Is Riri working? She seems to have been met with a collective yawn. (This is the wrong thread to ask that question, I know!)

Moon Girl is awesome, definitely one of my favorite books at the moment. DC did try this type of approach with the DCYOU revamp recently and books like Black Canary, Starfire, Gotham Academy, etc. The reason, I think, why it didn't turn out as successful as Marvel is that their core books were still rotting under the New 52 approach, leading to not enough fans for spillover eyes to find the fresh ideas in these titles.

I'd have put Batwoman on the list if not for the thing you mention, plus I've heard from multiple people that vol 2 with the time jumps and perspective shifts every two pages really frustrated them. So it can't be an unequivocal recommendation. But hey, let's dig a bit deeper. Why not?

All-Star Western: If you like Jonah Hex and western comics, this is worth reading. It's not as good as the pre-N52 Jonah Hex, and the frontier Gotham thing is kind of hokey, but still worth reading.
    Batgirl: Gail Simone does a good job with a newly mobile Barbara Gordon suffering from PTSD, but her run is still uneven. The relaunch, where Batgirl becomes a hipster and moves to Brooklyn (err Burnside), is tons of fun, but your mileage may vary. It tries way too hard at times and expect tons of annoying tropes about millenials.
    Batwoman: Is awesome if sometimes challenging to read, with plots that drag on too long. And then it gets its throat cut by some behind-the-scenes drama and continues on in a manner that's so lame it will literally make you cry.
    Black Canary: From the Batgirl re-launch team, the book is nothing like what you would expect from a Black Canary solo, with Dinah fronting a band called Black Canary. It's good comics but you have to be open to the idea.
    Forever Evil: I can't recommend Geoff Johns's entire Justice League run, with most of it being unremarkable at best (I have yet to read Darkseid War, to be fair). But this story, the main part at least, with the evil version of the Justice League from Earth-3 conquering the world, is awesome and I think everyone can find enjoyment in it, regardless of how they feel about the changes to the characters of the Justice League in the New 52.
    Gotham Academy: Harry Potter in Gotham. Works better than that tagline might suggest. The first trade was AMAZING but the next two have failed to live up to it so far.
    Grayson: Dick Grayson out of costume as a superspy. Great comics but you have to be open to the premise (yes, I prefer Nightwing in my DCU, too).
    Green Arrow: By Jeff Lemire, AND ONLY BY JEFF LEMIRE. Any other author will give you seizures. This version of Oliver Queen isn't the Oliver Queen we all know and love. Not by a long shot. He's an imposter. But an imposter who stars in a good story.
    Harley Quinn: You probably know what to expect. You'll like a book like this, or you won't.
    I, Vampire: Short but sweet. Loses its way a little at the end, probably because creators thought they'd have more issues. Also has one of the only depictions of John Constantine in the New 52 that isn't total ass.
    Martian Manhunter: The second trade isn't out yet, but the first was really great, digging deep into Jonn's psyche. This version of Jonn is a little more alienated than other depictions, not really having any close friends or confidants on earth.
    Midnighter: A book that should be read along with Grayson. Not too different a depiction from pre-New 52 versions. Lucas Trent is a bad, bad dude you do NOT want to cross.
    Starfire: Fresh off appalling treatment in seven volumes of Red Hood and the Outlaws, Kory remembers she's supposed to be a sweet, naive alien with the power to nuke anyone who messes with her and moves to the Florida keys. Bright and sunny tone; hilarity ensues.
    Superman - Lois and Clark: The real Superman and Lois Lane are back! And they act like themselves! Okay, so their whole world ended and they're hiding out anonymously . . . but they have a kid!
    Swamp Thing: By Scott Snyder. A VERY different take on Swamp Thing that isn't what I want to see done with the character, but still a good story.
    Talon: After you've read the first two volumes of Snyder's Batman, if you liked the Court of Owls, read this. It's surprisingly great, and though the second volume falls off some in quality, you won't be disappointed by the resolution.
    Wonder Woman: By Azzarello/Chiang. The title character doesn't act anything like Wonder Woman. Everything about her personality and her mythology, her entire supporting cast and her world, is 100% wrong or absent. It will upset you greatly if you're a longitme fan of hers, but if you can get past it, the story told here is pretty good. Derivative, but pretty good. Stop reading as soon as Azzarello/Chiang leave though, if you thought this was challenging to accept as a Wonder Woman fan you really don't want to see what the next team did to Donna.

Here's a few others I hear are good but can't recommend because I haven't read them yet: Red Lanterns by Soule, Detective Comics by Manapul, Catwoman by Valentine. Justice League 3000/3001, Green Lantern Corps, Sinestro, Demon Knights. And, as I mentioned above, I haven't read Justice League Darkseid War yet. Maybe Johns sticks the landing.

So again, these are not unequivocal recommendations for anyone and everyone, but they are good comics.
    I agree for the most part (I despise Harley Quinn). Those are what I'd say the main staple of N52 titles, that is that I think everyone can agree are fairly enjoyable ( at least one!)

I dug Red Lanterns with Soule on it. JL3K was a lot of fun. The art was... Poor, but considering the book is pretty Satirical, I'd say it matches. I really like Sinestro, but I can see a lot of people disliking it. Demon Knights was great, love the I,Vampire love here. Also, if you haven't read Prez, check it out. Its pretty damn hilarious, and I haven't enjoyed a comic like this in a long long time. Its a lot of fun, and there were parts I literally had to put the book down because o was laughing so hard. Solid list.

Although side note, I though instead of Talon, you out Telos, and I began to question your entire judgment. Calvin Rose is great. Shame he never got into anything else, unlike Stryx from Batgirl becoming recurring and in the god awful Birds of Prey.