View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 757 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 2576577077477537547557567577587597607617678078571257 ... LastLast
Results 11,341 to 11,355 of 21673

Quote Originally Posted by Kakaroach View Post
    Gotta say, I LOVE the fact that Geoff Johns Aquaman is getting an omnibus. I've held out on the story mostly because I stopped reading comics for a few years, but I've heard it is spectacular and funny.

Quick question for everyone here: Is the recent Manapul/Buccaleto omnibus any good? I know the art is jaw-dropping, just wondering if the story itself is any good.
    Johns Aquaman is pretty fantastic. Jeff Parker continued the winning streak (IMO).

I enjoyed the arc Manapul/Buccaleto set up. The first 6 issues are really slow, and honestly dull at times, but it really picks up afterwards. I liked it. It does a good job at blending all the story arcs together, and having an ending so the next team can continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Johns Aquaman is pretty fantastic. Jeff Parker continued the winning streak (IMO).

I enjoyed the arc Manapul/Buccaleto set up. The first 6 issues are really slow, and honestly dull at times, but it really picks up afterwards. I liked it. It does a good job at blending all the story arcs together, and having an ending so the next team can continue.
    Ah, is that so? Hopefully they make a couple more Aquaman omnibuses then.

Thanks for the Flash advice. I love Mark Waid's run on the character so I don't know if I should wait for that eventual omnibus. But the art in the Manapul/Buccaleto story looks so good. Would you recommend it to someone who hasn't read a lot of Flash?

Also, for those who own the omnibus, how is the quality? Anything I should know about before ordering?

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Gotta say, I LOVE the fact that Geoff Johns Aquaman is getting an omnibus. I've held out on the story mostly because I stopped reading comics for a few years, but I've heard it is spectacular and funny.

Quick question for everyone here: Is the recent Manapul/Buccaleto omnibus any good? I know the art is jaw-dropping, just wondering if the story itself is any good.
    Story is mediocre. It's only worth getting if you're in love with Manapul's art, and are willing g to pick it up as basically an art book.
    Cyclops was right

Ah, is that so? Hopefully they make a couple more Aquaman omnibuses then.

Thanks for the Flash advice. I love Mark Waid's run on the character so I don't know if I should wait for that eventual omnibus. But the art in the Manapul/Buccaleto story looks so good. Would you recommend it to someone who hasn't read a lot of Flash?

Also, for those who own the omnibus, how is the quality? Anything I should know about before ordering?
    Waids Flash is being rereleased in trades soon. Waiting for that to read it. I'm kind of in the minority that read and enjoyed this run of the Flash. Its probably beneath Said. Actually, you should take a look at Geoff Johns Flash run. There's a lot of material, and there were Omni's for it but I think its OOP now. The trades are coming out, and it seems to be one per year that Jonhs wrote. The art isn't great but the story is great. Better than Manapuls run.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    Story is mediocre. It's only worth getting if you're in love with Manapul's art, and are willing g to pick it up as basically an art book.
    Hmm that is a little off-putting. If the story isn't good then it is just a coffee-table book.

Waids Flash is being rereleased in trades soon. Waiting for that to read it. I'm kind of in the minority that read and enjoyed this run of the Flash. Its probably beneath Said. Actually, you should take a look at Geoff Johns Flash run. There's a lot of material, and there were Omni's for it but I think its OOP now. The trades are coming out, and it seems to be one per year that Jonhs wrote. The art isn't great but the story is great. Better than Manapuls run.
    Ahhh that is great news! They might make an omnibus in a few years then. I'll try reading some single issues of the run first and if I don't like it, I won't get it.

Thanks for the help!

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Guys, I'm seeing a NEW TEEN TITANS OMNIBUS (New Printing) coming next summer. I know some of you were looking for that.

Woah, also see a WW by John Bryne Book One! YES YES YES!!
    Oh yeah! Been waiting for them to reprint the NTT. I'll be getting both of these.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    And an Aquaman by Johns Omnibus.
    Getting this too! Anyone know when it's due out?
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    The full edelweiss catalog that these Amaozn fishes come from is up: http://edelweiss.abovethetreeline.co...alogID=4057694

Some good stuff in there when you dig through.

Rebirth Flash and Hal Jordan are also getting the deluxe treatment.
    YES! I was hoping they would do this!

Fantastic Member The Flicker Fade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    So do these Omnis have some of the "better" teen titans material? Would they be a good place to start for someone who knows nothing of teen titans? I'm a fan of Geoff johns and have thought about picking up his TT omni but haven't since i know nothing about them.
    It's desert island stuff. Like, if I had to choose only a handful of books to own for the rest of my life, the NTT omnibuses would be near the top of the list. I have no nostalgia for them. They're just that good. Johns's TT is a good read too but it's nothing close to these.

The first omnibus is solid but mostly set up for the second. The second is where it explodes. Not just the stories either, Perez's art gets insane. I honestly think he's the best ever with pre-modern coloring and printing technologies (since then, not so much, but it's okay).

Off the top of my head, this solicit must be incorrect. I'm fairly certainly a long Starfire arc, much more than four issues, kicks off the second omnibus. And just the way they read, with ongoing plot lines, it would be very weird to break the volumes in any place other than where the first editions did. We'll see.

I recently read the entire N52 Flash run, including Manapul/Buccellato. It didn't get a recommendation from me in the lists I just posted. That said, it isn't horrible. It's just meh. Plenty of better things to spend your time reading. But it won't make you puke blood or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by The Flicker Fade View Post
    It's desert island stuff. Like, if I had to choose only a handful of books to own for the rest of my life, the NTT omnibuses would be near the top of the list. I have no nostalgia for them. They're just that good. Johns's TT is a good read too but it's nothing close to these.
    I disagree a little with you. I love Johns' TT but probably more than you do because I like Kon-El, Cassie and Tim as Robin better. But NTT has the majestic art by Perez. Both are amazing, IMO.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Yeah, the omnis are way out of print. The new trades are your best option.
    Cyclops was right

Incredible Member

So why is there still no mention of Absolute Transmetropolitan Volume 3? Come on DC..

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post
    So why is there still no mention of Absolute Transmetropolitan Volume 3? Come on DC..
    Volume 1 and 2 were about a year apart, so I wouldn't worry about it.

This reminds me that I need to pick up volume 2 still

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    Yeah, the omnis are way out of print. The new trades are your best option.
    Is it just DC? Or is everyone horrible about keeping Omni's in stock?

Fantastic Member The Flicker Fade's Avatar

Is it just DC? Or is everyone horrible about keeping Omni's in stock?
    DC's much better than Marvel. All of their omnis stay in print for years, unlike Marvel where they can sometimes sell out in months. DC also does reprints on the sly sometimes which Marvel never does. But they do eventually let them fall out. Usually when they want to roll out a new edition in a different format (Geoff Johns Flash TPBs, Absolute Infinite Crisis).