View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 76 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 2666727374757677787980861261765761076 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 21672

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dark_Knight View Post
    So Doom Patrol omni is coming out in a few weeks. It's actually just about the only major Morrison work I haven't read, but the $150 price puts some of Marvel's price gouging to shame. I'll probably still end up getting it though because I held out on the Doom Patrol trades for years in anticipation of the upcoming omni. Who else is getting it?
    If it's 50% at IST, I probably will. Plus, I'll most likely have an extra 2% from a previous purchase. At $150 retail, those little percentages go a long way. If they only do 42%, then it goes on the wish list since I'm not in a rush for it.

So Doom Patrol omni is coming out in a few weeks. It's actually just about the only major Morrison work I haven't read, but the $150 price puts some of Marvel's price gouging to shame. I'll probably still end up getting it though because I held out on the Doom Patrol trades for years in anticipation of the upcoming omni. Who else is getting it?
    Same here, it's my most anticipated omni this year, I will just have to wait a few weeks after release, but I will definitely buy it.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

If it was $100 or $125 I would probably would have but I currently don't have the money for a $150 omnibus since I can't order from IST so I probably need to spend at least $100 (€75/£60) on it.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    At this point, I'm leaning towards "no", because I already have all the singles and the trades. At today's prices, a triple-dip (even for classic/quality material like DP) would require some serious extras or other icing on the cake. I would have preferred if they'd gone the Deluxe Edition route and given us 3-4 chunky volumes in that format as opposed to an omni.

However it does get released on payday for me, so anything's possible...
    Deluxe hardcovers would have been perfect but remember that they have recently began to release Morrison' Invisibles in deluxe hardcover despite the omnibus coming out in the last year or two.

I hate the price, but, man, this is - IMO - possibly Morrison's best work, so there is no way I'm passing it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    Deluxe hardcovers would have been perfect but remember that they have recently began to release Morrison' Invisibles in deluxe hardcover despite the omnibus coming out in the last year or two.
    Yes, but they also released Animal Man, too, and there are no OHC deluxes for it. But, who knows . . .

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    Ooh, good point! I actually passed on the Invisibles omni, but am buying the deluxe editions.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Yes, but they also released Animal Man, too, and there are no OHC deluxes for it. But, who knows . . .
    Another good point. Maybe the Invisibles omni sold better than the Animal Man one...? Anyone know sales figures for those two?
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Fantastic Member

At this point, I'm leaning towards "no", because I already have all the singles and the trades. At today's prices, a triple-dip (even for classic/quality material like DP) would require some serious extras or other icing on the cake. I would have preferred if they'd gone the Deluxe Edition route and given us 3-4 chunky volumes in that format as opposed to an omni.

However it does get released on payday for me, so anything's possible...
    I'm taking this book anyway. Just for me best comic book of 2012 was Invisibles omnibus. Best comic book of 2013? Animal man omnibus. I love Morrisons's old works so I'll buy Doom Patrol for any price.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Unhappy

Another good point. Maybe the Invisibles omni sold better than the Animal Man one...? Anyone know sales figures for those two?
    Looking at the Diamond estimated sales figures for the last several months, DC Omnibus shifted a lot less units than Marvel Omnibuses. I do know, however, that the Animal Man Omnibus went to a 2nd printing so it must have done pretty well.

Fantastic Member The_Dark_Knight's Avatar

Any other major Morrison work yet to be omni'd? I know there's his Bat-run, but it seems DC is opting to pursue the Absolute route on that run. Maybe his Action Comics run? How about Seven Soldiers - especially since the recent HCs weren't oversized and those books had some BEAUTIFUL art that could benefit from the oversized treatment. I'd also love to see the Flash run he did with Mark Millar get some sort of deluxe treatment.
    There's also some of his smaller Vertigo titles that still haven't seen a deluxe (Sebastian O, Kid Eternity, The Filth, Seaguy). Wonder if that'll happen.
    Last edited by The_Dark_Knight; 07-12-2014 at 02:28 PM.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Any other major Morrison work yet to be omni'd? I know there's his Bat-run, but it seems DC is opting to pursue the Absolute route on that run. Maybe his Action Comics run? I'd also love to see the Flash run he did with Mark Millar get some sort of deluxe treatment.
    A Seven soldiers of victory omnibus/Deluxe! We need that one!
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    A Seven soldiers of victory omnibus/Deluxe! We need that one!
    Agreed! Thought of that right after I finished my original post and felt compelled to go back and edit it in.

The Filth deserves a deluxe at least! That tpb is probably printed on toilet paper. I think Seaguy isn't finished yet but, but after that I would welcome a deluxe version.
    JLA, Action comics and 7SoV could get an omni too.

How's the art in Morrison's Doom Patrol run?

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    The Filth deserves a deluxe at least! That tpb is probably printed on toilet paper. I think Seaguy isn't finished yet but, but after that I would welcome a deluxe version.
    JLA, Action comics and 7SoV could get an omni too.
    I can confirm The Filth is printed on toilet paper. I assumed it was an extended meta narrative metaphor - what with the paper being the quality of paper with which one removes filth from one's bum.

I think it's more likely we'll see Seven Soldiers of Victory in Absolute. In a ways it's almost a prequel to Final Crisis which has been absolute'd.