View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 769 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 2696697197597657667677687697707717727737798198691269 ... LastLast
Results 11,521 to 11,535 of 21671

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Clayface being on the good guys side reminds me in a few ways of when Sandman got pardoned by the President and was working with Silver Sable.
    He of course went evil again years later so I fully expect an about turn for Clayface as well, it's only a matter of time....like Thor getting his worthiness back.
    Or Harvey Dent being Gotham's protector while Bruce was away during 52, or how Riddler was a PI until Tony Daniels hamfistedly made him a villain again, etc. But when done right it can be fun. It's nice to see the villains be rehabilitated once in awhile, even if we know they will ultimately become villains again because of the cyclical nature of superhero comics.

Fantastic Member The Flicker Fade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Grayson View Post
    Or Harvey Dent being Gotham's protector while Bruce was away during 52
    Face the Face was the goddamn worst. I had to keep checking the front of the book to make sure it was written by James Robinson. Just everything about it, not only how stupid this was. But this was beyond stupid.

Or Harvey Dent being Gotham's protector while Bruce was away during 52, or how Riddler was a PI until Tony Daniels hamfistedly made him a villain again, etc. But when done right it can be fun. It's nice to see the villains be rehabilitated once in awhile, even if we know they will ultimately become villains again because of the cyclical nature of superhero comics.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Flicker Fade View Post
    Face the Face was the goddamn worst. I had to keep checking the front of the book to make sure it was written by James Robinson. Just everything about it, not only how stupid this was. But this was beyond stupid.
    There was a lot of opportunity to keep the Riddler good since he was always pretty much a crappy villain. With Two-Face you just knew that at some point he was going bad again. He's just an evil SOB.

Sandman is an interesting character, since he's been rehabilitated several times. Same with Magneto, although Magneto is a dick whether he's good or bad. Sandman is working class cool.

Personally, I liked when the Juggernaut was a good guy. If I'm not mistaken that was under Chuck Austen and probably one of the few cool things he did with his run on the X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    There was a lot of opportunity to keep the Riddler good since he was always pretty much a crappy villain. With Two-Face you just knew that at some point he was going bad again. He's just an evil SOB.

Sandman is an interesting character, since he's been rehabilitated several times. Same with Magneto, although Magneto is a dick whether he's good or bad. Sandman is working class cool.

Personally, I liked when the Juggernaut was a good guy. If I'm not mistaken that was under Chuck Austen and probably one of the few cool things he did with his run on the X-Men.
    You don't like the Riddler?

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    You don't like the Riddler?
    Actually I never thought much about him until he was good. In hindsight, it seems like he could be an ok bad guy but I don't really recall him being handled correctly. Maybe in the Hush storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Actually I never thought much about him until he was good. In hindsight, it seems like he could be an ok bad guy but I don't really recall him being handled correctly. Maybe in the Hush storyline.
    Not that I was retorting in anger or anything. Its just always been my view that the Riddler was generally adored by all. Was curious as to why someone wouldn't like him. Though his role in Zero Year was...mediocre in my opinion.

Not that I was retorting in anger or anything. Its just always been my view that the Riddler was generally adored by all. Was curious as to why someone wouldn't like him. Though his role in Zero Year was...mediocre in my opinion.
    Naw, I didn't think you were mad.
    zero year is a good example. His role as mastermind was a great idea that was poorly executed. Although I'd argue that zero year wasn't all that great and was about four or five issues too long.

I'm with TomSlick that I never thought about him one way or the other until the PI stuff, which I loved. "Dark Knight, Dark City" is the only Riddler-centric storyline with him as a villain that really jumps out at me (and as TomSlick said, maybe Hush), and it's pretty atypical Riddler. I wonder if most folks like him more because of the '66 TV show or just the idea of Riddler, than a specific story? I can't think of a Killing Joke or Last Arkham-level story for Riddler. Even the recent Batman Arkham: Riddler TPB is mostly pre-Crisis stuff outside of two Dini stories (from the PI era), the Villains Month issue, and a story from the digital first LOTDK series.

I'm with TomSlick that I never thought about him one way or the other until the PI stuff, which I loved. "Dark Knight, Dark City" is the only Riddler-centric storyline with him as a villain that really jumps out at me (and as TomSlick said, maybe Hush), and it's pretty atypical Riddler. I wonder if most folks like him more because of the '66 TV show or just the idea of Riddler, than a specific story? I can't think of a Killing Joke or Last Arkham-level story for Riddler. Even the recent Batman Arkham: Riddler TPB is mostly pre-Crisis stuff outside of two Dini stories (from the PI era), the Villains Month issue, and a story from the digital first LOTDK series.
    I loved him in BTAS, and I never quite saw him in a role like that again. Hush was a good unexpected twist.

I loved him in BTAS, and I never quite saw him in a role like that again. Hush was a good unexpected twist.
    Duh, The Animated Series! I can't believe I forgot about him there. Too early in the morning for my brain to function fully I guess. I agree, Riddler on the Animated Series was pretty great.

Duh, The Animated Series! I can't believe I forgot about him there. Too early in the morning for my brain to function fully I guess. I agree, Riddler on the Animated Series was pretty great.
    "If you're so smart, why aren't you rich?" Is one of my favorite episodes from BTAS! I agree that outside of BTAS and Dark Knight Dark City there isn't really a great Riddler story. Zero Year was okay, but not the timeless masterpiece it was hyped to be.

Haha, it happens to the best of us. I always thought everyone loved Riddler but thinking about it, maybe it was because the fans felt the need to make up for his film appearance in Batman Forever. He was pretty good in TjenArhkam games, though tediously annoying.

How about scarecrow? What are his best stories? I don't think ive even read a scarecrow story with him as the main in it before.

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    How about scarecrow? What are his best stories? I don't think ive even read a scarecrow story with him as the main in it before.
    I'm sure there are some good scarecrow comics (I did like him in Nolan's Batman movie), but the problem with scarecrow IMO is that all his story lines end the same - he gasses Batman, Batman mans up and overcomes the gas, then Batman punches his lights out.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by pch3727 View Post
    I agree that outside of BTAS and Dark Knight Dark City there isn't really a great Riddler story.
    The Batman Adventures #10. (Animated continuity, of course.)