View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 771 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 2716717217617677687697707717727737747757818218711271 ... LastLast
Results 11,551 to 11,565 of 21672

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Oh they have Black Orchid in a deluxe or something?
    Yep, it's in a deluxe hardcover

Thank you for the reply, I was thinking more of volumes like the Showcase series of books House of Mystery, Secrets, Ghosts and the Witching hour.
    Hail Hydra!

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tv horror View Post
    Thank you for the reply, I was thinking more of volumes like the Showcase series of books House of Mystery, Secrets, Ghosts and the Witching hour.
    Would this interest you?

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    I noticed an Omega Men trade by Tom King while browsing yesterday, can't remember if I saw some praise for it on here, worth a punt? Only 170 odd pages though, was it an ongoing or mini series?
    it's a 6 issue mini I think and AFAIK quite self contained. People really seem to love it.

Omega Men was 12 issues.

Thrashing Like a Maniac! Gotham Thrasher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    it's a 6 issue mini I think and AFAIK quite self contained. People really seem to love it.
    It's actually a twelve issue series . And I could have sworn the trade collected the entire twelve issues. Huh.
    And then there were none...

Custom Binding Thread: http://community.comicbookresources....0645aadbab2369

The All Purpose Metal Thread : http://community.comicbookresources....5299bbaefeffe8

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Yep, it's in a deluxe hardcover
    Wasn't even aware of that. Darn I already purchased the trade. Oh well. Thanka for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham Thrasher View Post
    It's actually a twelve issue series . And I could have sworn the trade collected the entire twelve issues. Huh.
    The trade does collect the entire 12 issue series, along with the prologue that was online and in the back of one of the Convergence tie-in issues.

Thrashing Like a Maniac! Gotham Thrasher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Grayson View Post
    The trade does collect the entire 12 issue series, along with the prologue that was online and in the back of one of the Convergence tie-in issues.
    Thought so! Thanks for confirming it. Ive been meaning to read it but havent had the chance to pick it up yet. Have you read it? If so , what's your take?
    And then there were none...

Custom Binding Thread: http://community.comicbookresources....0645aadbab2369

The All Purpose Metal Thread : http://community.comicbookresources....5299bbaefeffe8

my bad, because of the page count I thought it's just 6 issues. Even though I'm really curious I will just probably wait for a deluxe.

Many thanks Raffi that's just what I mean.
    Hail Hydra!

Fantastic Member The Flicker Fade's Avatar

Just finished reading Batman & Robin Eternal. Overall it was much better than I was expecting, and much better than Batman Eternal, which was probably helped by it being half as long.

I have a question for those of you currently reading Rebirth--no plot spoilers, though! Is Rebirth finally fixing Tim Drake's personality? Before the New 52 he was this introspective and modest guy, not quite broody like Batman, but a thinker. After the New 52 he was this cocky "check out how much smarter I am than you!" guy that you wanted to punch in the face. Even apart from what Lobdell did to his origin story with the gymnastics and witness protection stupidness, his personality was just always written completely wrong. I ask because Batman & Robin Eternal finally puts all the remaining Bat family players who were missing in the New 52 back into the mythos, and manages to do a good job of it (imo), but Tim is still written completely wrong. And it's James Tynion IV, the writer of Detective Comics Rebirth, who is writing him most of the time in Eternal. So please, can I ask for a simple "Yes" or "No?"

Really hope it's "Yes." Tim was always my favorite.

I'm trying to read We Are Robin now, and having a really tough time of it. I don't know who thought we'd want to read a book scripted in large part as teenagers' text messages with all the resultant "lols" and poor English, but yeesh, it's like fingernails on the chalkboard of my brain. Also the art's not my thing, at all. And Duke Thomas is a challenging character to like, but I'm trying.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Flicker Fade View Post
    I have a question for those of you currently reading Rebirth--no plot spoilers, though! Is Rebirth finally fixing Tim Drake's personality?
    Heh, Talking about Tim in Rebirth without plot spoilers, thats a tough one, but yeah they fixed Tims personality, and thats about all that can be said without spoilers.

Fantastic Member The Flicker Fade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    Heh, Talking about Tim in Rebirth without plot spoilers, thats a tough one, but yeah they fixed Tims personality, and thats about all that can be said without spoilers.
    I'll take it! Thanks! Really looking forward to reading it now!

I still need to finish Batman Eternal and then get B&R Eternal. I feel so behind.