View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 773 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 2736737237637697707717727737747757767777838238731273 ... LastLast
Results 11,581 to 11,595 of 21662

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    A few pages back we had this discussion about Kings Batman and it turned out I'm the only person in this entire thread that genuinly likes Kings Batman,.

Monster Men was Steve Orlando and utter utter garbage, Tomslick likened Kings Batman to Ann Nocenti levels of writing, I'd be curious what he would compare Orlando's Monster Men arc too.
    Monster Men was in its own class of horrid-ness. Is there something worse than Nocenti? If there is, then that's where I put Monster Men.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Monster Men was in its own class of horrid-ness. Is there something worse than Nocenti? If there is, then that's where I put Monster Men.
    Ultimatum.
    Cyclops was right

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

double post
    Cyclops was right

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    Ultimatum.
    Oh man, that story was horrific.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Fantastic Member The Flicker Fade's Avatar

Chuck Austen. But I have to believe it's hyperbole about King's Batman. Almost nothing I've ever read was worse than that Gotham Underground volume of Nocenti's Catwoman. The guy can't write something as good as Vision and then write something THAT bad a few months later.

Mighty Member

King has some good ideas but he can't write worth ****.
    You don't like his batman. Fine. We get it. To make this blanket statement about his work is ridiculous. His has plenty of examples that have shown quite the opposite.

I loved Omega Men personally. Read it in one sitting, just couldn't put it down. And Vision is awesome.

Not read any of his Batman though.

Incredible Member

Well at least we agree on something.

Its ok though, according to the Batman Annual Steve Orlando gets to inflict another Batman Crossover tale on us in 2017.

Aw man. I was a looking forward to Monster Men. Does Anyone enjoy it here?

Quote Originally Posted by The Flicker Fade View Post
    Chuck Austen. But I have to believe it's hyperbole about King's Batman. Almost nothing I've ever read was worse than that Gotham Underground volume of Nocenti's Catwoman. The guy can't write something as good as Vision and then write something THAT bad a few months later.
    I thought about including Austen but he did make the Juggernaut a good guy, so there's that. I remember you complaining about Catwoman. I heard it was bad. I'll take your word.

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    You don't like his batman. Fine. We get it. To make this blanket statement about his work is ridiculous. His has plenty of examples that have shown quite the opposite.
    No, that comment only applied to Batman. I've stated previously that I have never heard a bad thing about his Vision and that I would read it.

Anyone seen the latest solicits yet? Looks like a New Edition of Who Is Wonder Woman, some more JLI goodness, Young Justice, Mark Waid v.2 (This second collection of stories from Mark Waid’s epic run on THE FLASH includes THE FLASH #69-79, THE FLASH ANNUAL #6, GREEN LANTERN #30-31 and #40, plus a story from JUSTICE LEAGUE QUARTERLY #10.) And more Rebirth trades out in April. Good stuff. Oh and that Doom Patrol Omni

Face the Face is getting a deluxe. Has this been mentioned?

I know a few of you were talking about the story a few pages back and how you didn't like it...

But I'm looking forward to this collection

Also, Fables Deluxe 14 got a major price hike to 39.99 instead of the 29.99 it usually sat at. Yeesh
    Last edited by ER Prest; 12-19-2016 at 06:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Anyone seen the latest solicits yet? Looks like a New Edition of Who Is Wonder Woman, some more JLI goodness, Young Justice, Mark Waid v.2 (This second collection of stories from Mark Waid’s epic run on THE FLASH includes THE FLASH #69-79, THE FLASH ANNUAL #6, GREEN LANTERN #30-31 and #40, plus a story from JUSTICE LEAGUE QUARTERLY #10.) And more Rebirth trades out in April. Good stuff. Oh and that Doom Patrol Omni
    Too much good stuff coming up.

I wish the solicits would list trim sizes like they used to. Would clear up some confusion about the Legion and Supes books and whatnot
    Last edited by ER Prest; 12-19-2016 at 07:25 PM.

This thread honestly has the MOST negativity about Omega Men I've ever seen anywhere! Like, I'm being completely serious, It's VERY rare to see someone who doesn't highly praise it, but here we have more people being negative about it than we do people being positive! :O

Ha ha, yeah I read it.

Worst dialogue ever: Bat...Cat....No, Cat...No, Bat...I'm going to break your back . . . I"m going to break your back...Did I tell you that I'm going to break your back?

By the way...why did Batman recruit all those people when he single handily took out 1,000 of Bane's men? Doesn't seem like he needed them. Course, this is the Batman who can bucking bronco a 747 airplane so . . .

King has some good ideas but he can't write worth ****.
    Have you read any of Vision, Omega Men, or Sheriff of Babylon? He doesn't have a good understanding of Batman, but I can't BELIEVE I'm hearing that you don't think he's a good writer. He has shown way more often than not that he's an incredible writer. He just doesn't get Batman.
    Last edited by VanWinkle; 12-19-2016 at 08:17 PM.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post

Also, Fables Deluxe 14 got a major price hike to 39.99 instead of the 29.99 it usually sat at. Yeesh
    This is the second (third?) month in a row that most of DC's collections have been noticeably higher. They're not quite to Marvel's ridiculous level yet, but I say give it a couple more months...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES